Error in Dread Highway Scene?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironskull08, Mar 18, 2012.

1. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Well-Known Member

The main reuse of sound was when Sentinel transformed and drove away during the fight with the Autobots, you hear:

"MAH FAAAAAACE"

Better known as when Optimus shoots Megatrons face at the end of ROTF. I still wholeheartedly believe that's what Megatron screamed. >.>

2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I believe it was simply assumed.

As far as I can recall, the tragic scene in question was purely car-flipping, highway-running effects-plate footage and was more likely not used simply because the cable snapped off at a faulty welding point and did not achieve its intended effect in any way.

More to the point, however, they had more shots scheduled over at least another whole day of filming which quickly became canceled when they closed production in Indiana altogether and prematurely as a result, so the most logical conclusion seems to be that the original scene they had planned to shoot for Hatchet's death was among those shots and was either never filmed at all or else remained incomplete, but they realized they could simply insert the raw footage from The Island in its place with new effects for the same purpose and that was that.

Another fine example of excellent 2D-to-3D conversion work, incidentally.

3. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I know right!

In Steven Spielberg's "the Duel" when the semi goes over the cliff.

In Jurassic Park, when the car falls onto Sam Neil, and Tim Mazzello (sp).

In TF 1, when Scorponuts burrows under the powerpole, and it topples over.

In ROTF when . . . actually it escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure it's in there, maybe in the Demolishor scene.

And I know it's in DOTM as well, as every Star Wars, and Spielberg movie.