Erradicons drones, uniformed soldiers, or Protoforms?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Someone in another topic brought up the idea of the Erradicons being more like uniformed soldiers that have to earn a name and custom appearance rather than them just being drones. Rather than derailing that other topic with this discussion I thought it would be a good idea to start a new topic.

Now I like the idea because we've heard a few Erradicons speak with different voices and showing some sign of personality. However the "uniformed look" idea doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I don't really think that all Erradicons have unique personalities. I kinda think that in this universe they're like blank protoforms. They don't really have sparks at first and act as drones until they receive a spark. Like the movie Protoforms are not the same thing as what we were introduced to in Beast Wars and other series. We haven't really learned what a Protoform might be for Prime's universe so it could be that these look alike bodies are all Protoforms.

The reason I don't think they're uniformed body types is that ever sense G1 we have had multiple characters just like that and they were never mistaken for drones before because they had their own color scheme. Erradicons all look exactly alike right down to their colors.

Starscream himself was originally introduced as a character with a "uniformed" appearance. Him and the other seekers all sharing the same body.

The Beast Wars Prequel also shows several Maximals who share a mold with Cheetor and Tigatron.

Animated has even shown multiple characters who were built from the same mold as Bumblebee. Bumblebee even mentioned being built from the same mold when he first met Wasp in boot camp.

So I don't think it's really a matter of having to earn a custom appearance as even with the same appearance it's not uncommon to be able to tell them apart.

Protoforms tend to be robots who all look exactly alike right down to their colors and some times don't have a spark... yet... so it's might thought that Erradicons are just Protoforms. The ones that can speak and show personality have sparks but have not taken form yet as individuals and the others may be sparkless protoforms that could develop sparks or be given sparks later on if the protoform isn't destroyed first.

And by taken form I don't mean just scanning an alt mode sense obviously they already have one. But in the first movie the protoforms of Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Jazz all looked the same and could transform. Their robot modes changed to individual forms when they scanned their first vehicle mode. Not really sure how that works but normally when a new alt mode is scanned it just changes the parts that actually form into the alt mode not the robot bits. So if an Erradicon scanned a new alt mode their entire form would change rather than just their vehicle mode bits.

The movie also had two types of protoforms. The entry mode transformers who were already adult robots just without form of their own and the hatchlings. Maybe the car Erradicons and the flying Erradicons are just Primes idea of the two Protoform types. There may even be more sense we've also seen the minors who have dual visors rather than single visor of the warrior class Erradicons.

Whatever the case may be I feel like they are best described as Protoform bodies to explain why they look like drones but don't act like them. Of course if this series ever introduce Protoforms like Beast Wars, RID, or Animated than my theory will be shot out the window but right now I think it's more like the movie idea of Protoforms.

Anyway what do you think the Erradicons are and why?

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´s already proved that the Eradicons are sentient and autonomous. Probably the reason as to why they look alike is standardization. Same chassis means same spare parts, same tools to build and repair, thus easing maintenance and logistics.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their basically Stormtroopers even to the point that they die easily.

4. General Magnus

You would die easily too if you were shot.

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i beleive that they are just a class or certain group from cybertron that just had all its members join the cons, like the defence or military forces, just like in the movie prequals

they were al just built with the same design

6. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Not true. Sometimes people can live being shot, depending on where they were shot.

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Go get shot anywhere and let me know how it feels

8. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Is That a Challenge?

:p 

9. SaberPrime

That all makes sense but what about color? I mean they could all have the same chassis and still look like individual robots if they had their own color schemes. What are they just all molded in black or do the Decepticons just have a surplus of black paint they can waist on Erradicons?

And to the people arguing about the fatality of gun shots can you please get back on topic.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yes.

11. General Magnus

We don´t paint tanks in individual color schemes.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    in Exodus Megatron was one of many gladiators who were nameless. They were like drones, working in Kaon, but they all had their own internal selves, their own minds. Given that they mostly became Decepticons... perhaps its them

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Actually if you've read the Transformers Prime prequel comic there are in fact some troopers with different color scheames like green for example! So perhaps later in the show they will bring that up.

14. SaberPrime

We don't paint military jets in individual color schemes either and yet Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp still manage to have their own color schemes. Besides non of the Erradicons are tanks.

15. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    As I said before, these Eradicons might be like clone troopers. Each with their own personality, but physically derived from the same person.

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Headcanon says "protoform" is the state of a Cybertronian without armor.

I'm probably wrong, but still.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There is no Thundercracker or Skywarp in Prime yet, and Starscream is just gray. What are you trying to prove?

18. General Magnus

You are missing the point. Starcream and the rest of the seekers are irrelevant so far.

19. SaberPrime

Animated did clones with Starscream and they still had their own color schemes.

Well considering how easily they can be killed maybe they don't have armor. At least not in the sense that it provides any real protection.

Not trying to prove anything and the seekers aren't irrelevant. I'm trying to make a point that we've had 27 years of characters being recolored from the same mold so why would that suddenly change now? Are people not buying repaints anymore?

20. Anti Theon

Anti Theon Well-Known Member

Hadn't considered that before, but cloning a basic model -- now that the Well of Allsparks is no longer available to them -- makes a lot of sense.

More importantly, it could lead to some seriously interesting plot lines. Perhaps they've lost access to cloning technology they've had in the past: foiling a plot to produce more clones could be an interesting story. Flip it around and what would happen if the 'bots got access to cloning technology? Would they find it amoral? Would Ratchet fail the Frankenstein test again, the way he did with Synthen, and use it anyway?

Given this program's willingness to tackle sticky issues, they could do a whole "Blade Runner" thing but with original 'bots in the role of humans and the cloned bots in the roles of Replicants.