erm....Silverbolt???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tomboland, Jun 30, 2011.

1. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not seen DOTM just yet but James Avery seems to have been removed from the Cast list and nothing has been mentioned about his character in the movie. Has he been written out of the script?

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Silverbolt was NEVER in the movie. James Avery was probably just confused.

3. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    he wasn't never in, it was just a a hoax on imdb.

the interesting part in the movie was the bay-plane with autobot-insignia and nx4500 on it, that was really cool!

4. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...seriously....-_- that sucks man!

5. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I noticed the insignia too. I was actually really excited because I thought he would get a great reveal. Lame Jet Was Lame.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think the only things i regret about the movies are we never really did get any long chase or dog fight type action sequences

which is a shame, because Bay does those things so well in all of his other movies!

DOTM saw a LITTLE bit of a chase sequence on the highway with the dreads but it was way too short for me

le sigh`

7. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

A dear friend is an associate director within the franchise and said that they referred to certain characters on set as Silverbolt...however he also has stated to me that they referred to Dino / Mirage as Enzo (also a Ferrari reference) so who truly knows what the call signs were as of filming.

FYI he says that the Ultra magnus reference was only during one day of shooting and the character call sheet name was changed daily since no visual or voice actors pertaining to that character (Sentinel) were ever on set. I am sure that Silverbolt, like Ultra Magnus was simply diversion.

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

No Silverbolt?

So what's the verdict?

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No robot mode, at any rate.

10. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    This is the same thing with that stupid bank truck, 45 questions about it a day.

11. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

I have my own theory on this...

I believe that he might have been in the movie before it was completely edited and changed. I feel that there might have been a major overhaul to the movie in order to remove the "Twins" (except for the part when they are rolling into the headquarters) which made other scenes in the movie suffer by being shorter, or competely taken out altogether.

When Optimus is wearing that jetpack towards the end of the movie it looks like it comes from a damaged jet more than it does from his trailer. This might be the wings and engines from Silverbolt instead of from the truck trailer, just like they did with Jetfire in ROTF.

In fact if you look at the Takara Prime which comes with the wings, and then look at Hasbro's Ultimate Prime with the transforming trailer they are two different things. The Takara one looks just like Prime did in the movie, where the Hasbro one doesn't resemble a thing from the movie. It also has more parts which attach to his arms and legs.

This is just my opinion though.

Hopefully we will get an answer one day, or an uncut version on Blu-ray.

12. Viewfinder

I have my own theory on this...

I believe that he might have been in the movie before it was completely edited and changed. I feel that there might have been a major overhaul to the movie in order to remove the "Twins" (except for the part when they are rolling into the headquarters) which made other scenes in the movie suffer by being shorter, or competely taken out altogether.

When Optimus is wearing that jetpack towards the end of the movie it looks like it comes from a damaged jet more than it does from his trailer. This might be the wings and engines from Silverbolt instead of from the truck trailer, just like they did with Jetfire in ROTF.

In fact if you look at the Takara Prime which comes with the wings, and then look at Hasbro's Ultimate Prime with the transforming trailer they are two different things. The Takara one looks just like Prime did in the movie, where the Hasbro one doesn't resemble a thing from the movie. It also has more parts which attach to his arms and legs.

This is just my opinion though.

Hopefully we will get an answer one day, or an uncut version on Blu-ray.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  13. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

oh cool you have shots of silverbolt to compare prime's trailer wings to? share please.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  14. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i think he was going to be the private jet that had the autobot symbol on it used by nest. right before the left to go see the autobots leave.

15. Viewfinder

No, what I was saying was all out of speculation based on the toys amongst other things.

As far as Silverbolt goes he could have very well been in the movie, and voiced by James Avery, but all of his scenes might have been cut due to the fact that maybe he was interacting with the "Twins" in those scenes.

As far as the toys are concerned I was stating that there is a Takara version of Prime which comes with wings and a jetpack which look like the ones he was wearing in the movie. They look as if they came from a damaged jet of some sort, not his trailer.

If you look at Hasbro's Ultimate Prime with the transforming trailer, it looks noithing like anything we saw in the movie.

I feel that Prime might have been wearing damamged Silverbolt parts in the movie just as he did with Jetfire in ROTF.

It seems to me that many critical parts of the movie were edited and removed due to the fact that Bay had to clean things up a bit because of people throwing the "racial" card at him.

16. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

would have been nice to see some combiner action on the autobot side,

17. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I think Silverbolt was planned early on in the pre production, to be voiced by James Avery, but then was cut out before filming began. No one ever officially updated us on the rumor and therefore he was still considered to be in the film until now.

18. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

It makes you wonder if the shuttle was ever going to have a personality. That would have just created another character to die.