Eric Siebernaler at AUS Hasbro promo event Nov8/9

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, Oct 29, 2008.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    On the 8th and 9th November, Head Transformers Designer Eric Siebernaler will be at 2 Australian public promo events for Hasbro and Cartoon Network's Animated series.
    It follows on from a competition CN AUS apparently had recently for kids to design a Transformers character, and Eric would draw up the winners during a 3 hour event at a Sydney and Melbourne Kmart.
    Not sure what sort of (kiddie) turnout we'll see for this, as TFs doesn't get much public exposure down here outside of the movie, and the toys have been priced above twice US retail, so the brand isn't as big here as it is in America. So it might be a good opportunity for the Aussie adult collectors/fans to actually get some personal exposure to the creative element of Transformers, that a lot of Nth-Americans would take for granted with the annual BotCon full of Hasbro's creative team.

More details can be read here, for any Aussies intersted in going (or any non-Aussies just interested in what Eric has been up to during his working holiday in Oz this year)
    Transformers Animated kids promotion with Cartoon Network and Kmart. - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Awesome - I want to ask him if he was shocked, appalled and horrified by the prices we pay for Transformers here in Oz.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I want video of you asking him that.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We actually if you convert the prices directly into US dollars at the moment they seem fairly reasonable. Of course their relative cost is still absolutely absurd.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Here, here! I second Draven's request for footage.

That said, this should be interesting. I wonder what info shall be revealed.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Only because money is worth jack shit now.

From 2007 to 2008, Australians paid some of the highest prices in the world for TFs (and naturally other products). Higher than the UK and Europe, too.