Eradicon/Vehicon Competence; or The Stormtrooper Effect

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Shockwave1138, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    One of the things that excited me most after the first couple parts of Darkness Rising was seeing that the Eradicons/Vehicons/Drones/Troopers weren't going to be terribly weak enemies, particularly seeing a one-on-one with Bulkhead, and nearly matching his strength. So I figured I'd try a rundown of their appearances thus far and see if that kept up.

*Warning: Kind of a long list. Prepare yourself.*

Darkness Rising 1: A dozen or so take on Cliffjumper (who we're told is one of the tougher/heavily armed autobots), he takes out several, but the energon explosion really decimates them, leaving only a couple to drag Cliff back to the Nemesis.
    A pair tail Arcee before chasing and attacking, getting the upper hand. Bumblebee shows up, they get the upper hand again, but when one goes to chase Jack and Raf, Bee manages to take care of them long enough for the kids to run. As Bulkhead shows up and it turns into a 3 on 2, they decide the odds are against them and retreat.

Darkness Rising 2: Autobots make a strike against a mine full of Mining Troopers (distinguished by different heads and lack of wheels or car kibble. I'd bet any combat programming is secondary), and the mining troopers are quickly disposed of as the 'bots make their way through.

Darkness Rising 3 & 4: Bulkhead travels to rescue Fowler from the Nemesis, and after the aforementioned Test of Strength (apparently they're pretty physically strong? Just not great shots :p ), utterly wiping out every Trooper he comes across (some of them even take TWO shots to kill!) Arcee and Bumblebee join, and the carnage continues throughout the ship.

Darkness Rising 5: Space/Flight Troopers engage the Autobots en masse. Autobots take them apart with ease.

Masters & Students: No trooper fights.

Scrapheap: No 'cons.

Con Job: Flying troopers shoot down Wheeljack (followed by "Wheeljack"), and get demolished. Later on, Wheeljack escapes and engages Starscream's trooper squad with little difficulty, before taking on 'Scream himself. Admittedly, the real "Jackie" was a badass Wrecker, and "Wheeljack" was a ruse. Excusable to me.

Convoy: Flight Troopers attack the autobots, and even manage to knock out Prime with a tree. Fight continues pretty evenly, till the end of the episode starts rolling around, and the 'bots finish them off just in time for the finale.

Deus ex Machina: Starscream "harvests" a Trooper. Sad face.

Speed Metal: Nothin'.

Predatory: Nothin'.

Sick Mind: Starscream slaps one. Ouch.

Out of his Head: Bumblebee(Megatron) takes out the few Troopers he comes across on the way to the med-bay (offscreen, conveniently), not to mention throwing Ratchet around like a rag doll. Then the real Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Raf have to fend off a few as they escape the Nemesis, but only taking out one or two. Several are on top of the hull with Starscream, but Optimus mostly ignores them, going straight for the heat-ray-laser-turret-thingy. They presumably get incinerated when the heat-ray-laser-turret-thingy blows up.

Shadowzone: Nothin'.

Operation Breakdown: Squad of Flight Troopers accompany Starscream as he rescues Breakdown, Bulkhead manages to take them out, some by throwing Breakdown at them.

Crisscross: Nothin'.

Metal Attraction: Nothin'.

Rock Bottom: Nothin'.

Partners: Nothin'.

In summary!
    While they've maybe decayed a bit since the debut, they haven't become totally incompetent at least. Not massacring them in every single episode helps.
    Though from the beginning, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That's kinda the norm though.

I suppose i'm satisfied thus far. Could be better, but they could ALWAYS be better :p  (Not gonna stop me from troop-building them... ;) 

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, on Shadowzone, A Vehicon showed quite a skill in opening Space Bridges for SS.

3. Shockwave1138

News Credits:
    They pretty well completely RUN the Nemesis :p  kudos to them for that, I suppose!

4. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Capturing Wheeljack was pretty awesome, even if we don't see it.

Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but I recall the strike force seen in Con Job being a slightly different color than the run of the mill Vehicons. Might've just been the lighting, could anyone confirm?

5. Shockwave1138

News Credits:
    Don't recall myself, but seeing how it was daytime in that one, and nighttime in a lot of the others, the lighting could easily affect what we see. *shrug*

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm liking the Vehicons. I think they're awesome.

7. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    I have watched Transformers Prime all day, every episode, and I have to say:
    I have counted the Vehicons:
    248 of cars
    and
    28 jets.

8. humblebot

humblebot Well-Known Member

How do you know some aren't repeats? The vehicon in one area might show up again later in another episode/place.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Well, as long as Steve doesn't let his guard down, the rest of them will be inspired.

10. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    184 of cars were killed and 23 jets.
    There were 108 Vehicons on board of Nemesis when Wheeljack's bomb has blown.

11. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I think that the Vehicons that work on the Nemesis may have an intelligence boost to operate equipment. The ones that are sent out commonly are just programmed to shoot and destroy.

Even though they are drones I hope that they find a way to imake one an individual. But I don't think Steve will ever be canon.

12. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    How can you tell that?

Anyway if that's true...then my theory about the Decepticons having 200 troops tops is way off. Or they could just be sparkless drones that are easily repaired.

The ones that are sent on missions have been observed to speak though I think this was only in the first episode.

13. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    For 108 of them, I am sure. They were in 6 rows, in groups of 3 and 6 columns. That is 108. Wheeljack Killed 10 of them before escaping.
    For other ones I just counted kills. Watched in Slo-Mo.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Impressive:thumbs2: , I definitely wouldn't have had the patience for that.

Well at least we have a fairly accurate estimate on the number of casualties taken so far. Unfortunately this means the number of Decepticons on Earth is higher than I thought which could cause some problems for realism.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I see someones couting.....*looks at your sig*

Makes you wonder where they come from?

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess you took this assignment personaly.

17. Shockwave1138

News Credits:
    And how many of the Mining Troopers from Darkness Rising 2? (actually kinda curious)

To pre-empt any questions about what makes them different :p 
    Vehicon cars: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...-Rising-1/Transformers-Prime-001-080.jpg.html
    Vehicon Miners: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...-Rising-2/Transformers-Prime-002-027.jpg.html

Different heads, no wheels, at least. Not to mention i'd bet they have weaker "mining lasers", and aren't as armored or "smart".

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    "Have we ever hit anything with these guns?"
    "I hit a bird once."

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    They did manage to hit Arcee in the first episode.

20. Shockwave1138

News Credits:
    And Bumblebee too! :p