Er...what are the short packed movie figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jun 11, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just noticed in my country that Barricade is short-packed, does this hold true in the States?

2. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I don't think anything is short-packed. I've seen everything around here at least once and in varying abundances. The only thing I've noticed is that different store chains seem to have received different case ratios and contents. Perhaps it's the same in your area.

The only toy I would say is moderately difficult to find (at least for now) is Megatron but he's out there.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    nothing is really shortpacked ... it's just dependent on the case assortment the store received.

Wave 1 case of the voyagers contained 2 Ironhides and 2 Starscreams. The revised case contained 1 IH, 1 SS, 1 Blackout, and 1 Ratchet. If your store was shipped the original case, then it looks like the other 2 were short shipped.

Same goes with the deluxe class (Wreckage) and leader class (Megatron)

4. theone74

theone74 Banned

I havent seen that Prime that comes in truck mode, I see the leader class a lot but not the smaller version.

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There in WAve 3 for Voyagers. Some are showing up now, some will be later.

6. theone74

theone74 Banned

I dont know the class names but the Leader class goes with the rest of the figures correct? The smaller is a stand alone just like the Robovision?

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The smaller sized Prime is called Voyager class and it's a repaint of the Robovision in a more movie-accurate deco. The Leader class is more in scale with the other Autobots.

8. theone74

theone74 Banned

So is it a Target exclusive like robovision? I dont read a lot on the toys so Im lost.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

IIRC, In the first wave of (proper) movie delxues, BB and Jazz were two a case, and the rest were one a case. That may have something to do with it.

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the explaination guys...another one that's hard to find is Bonecrusher but I will be patient and wait for them.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I had trouble finding bonecrusher as well. I still have yet to see the robovision prime in a target.

12. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Robo Vision Prime sold out of my target within a few hours.

I've had some trouble finding Scorponok. When I first saw him I passed because his robot form is ludicrous. Then I got Blackout, and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Scoponok when I saw him.

13. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of my local Wal-Marts was flooded with Bonecrushers. The only one I haven't seen more than one of is Leader Megatron.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Around my parts, I was surprised to find that Bumblebee is the harder to find figure. I noticed this weekend. There were some stores that didn't even have Bumblebee in. I guess because he is instantly recognizable. Bumblebee, and Starscream. Wreckage, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Jazz, and Swindle seem to be easier to find. Some stores don't even have the leader toys in yet.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I know that it seemed deluxe Wreckage and deluxe Scorponok were short packed, but I think it all depends on what wave that particular store got in. My TRU originally got nothing but the Swindle/Bonecrusher wave. Then a week later it got the Wreckage/Scorponok wave. Still haven't seen Leader Megatron, though.

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Mt Laurel only had one them last time I was in there. They probably did a restock on Sunday after the sale ended. Because Deptford target only had a few on the shelves all week and then on Sunday there was a dozen.

Poor Rachet doesn't seem to moving at all. TRU in deptford has as many; if not more, Rachets on the shelf at this point as they do all other Voyager Class TF's combined.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I only saw Barricade once and I bought it. I have not seen Bonecrusher at all. I have always seen RV Prime when I go to Target, he is kept on an endcap.

Deluxe figures in general in my area, especially at TRU, seem to be in short supply. May just be the rush of new product and they are a good price people are snatching them up first. I don't think anyone will have a hard time finding what they want over the course of the next few months.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I saw it at burlington today. Passed on it though. Was thinking about getting it but it's just so cruddy compared to leader prime, which I already have. I was only thinking of getting him when there was a sale on him and he was normal price and because he was an exclusive. Maybe if they put him on sale again I will get it.

19. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I'll tell you what, I've seen at least 4-5 of every deluxe on the shelf at once around here but not ONE Scorponok, the one figure I thought would warm pegs hard. I don't know what that means, but there were like 10 Jazz's, Swindles, and Barricades.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Man, so it seems that the distribution or packing for Bonecrusher is wonky too, huh? If the movie turns out to be decent, I got a feeling he maybe in demand for er, his fight scene.