Er..Help? My prime starscream deluxe's forearms are... stuck.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoftIce, May 6, 2012.

1. SoftIce

SoftIce Member

Sorry for such an incredibly stupid post, but this is my first transformers toy and I'm afraid I'll break him if I use too much force.

It's prime Starscream deluxe, and out of all the stupid things, his forearms are stuck and I can't get them to slide all the way down.

I saw in the manual and on a video that they should slide all the way down so that the metal pin is all the way up at the top.

Here's a pic from the vid so you can see exactly what i'm talking about, if I was unclear:
    [​IMG]

I had a hard time getting them unstuck, and on his right arm I had to tug pretty hard and I heard it 'snap' unstuck (nothing broke though.)

But, it's like there's something blocking his forearms from sliding all the way down, on both sides. I can't see anything that's in the way, but something is definitely blocking it.

I'm scared to use all my strength to try and force them down, for fear that I'll break something.

Is this normal for this toy? Should I not be so worried about breaking him and try to force his arms completely down? (I can live with his arms being slightly shorter than they should be... rather that then have one snap off... lol) In the video, it didn't look like the guy had nearly as much trouble as I'm having.

His right forearm (the one I had to tug pretty hard on) is also kind of lose, if I pose him and stick his arm out, his forearm falls down. Is that because they aren't locked in place?

Also, any tips on how to straighten out his forehelm piece (that rubbery thing that should have been red). It's bending slightly at a left angle at the tip at the moment.

Again, sorry for the stupid post, but I figured you guys are the experts on transformers toys.

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Just pull till it snaps into place. It is pretty tight at first.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. SoftIce

SoftIce Member

Holy crap you're right. Thanks SO much. lol.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    lol, no problem

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    The fin on his head bending is just a design fail on quite a few of them.
    Mine does that. Some part in vehicle mode pushes it off to the left.

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    For the head crest, I have found that positioning the head so that it tilts back when placing it into the chest will generally not bend the crest. Of course, you also have to fold it back against his head as you normally do for transformation.

7. SoftIce

SoftIce Member

Thanks guys. I was wondering why his head crest was tiled when I got him out. I'm thinking I could just... bend it the other way slightly.. with something or other. It's made out of such a soft material though, I get paranoid.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out my other stupid question. When all else fails look on the box for instructions. Oi.