Episode spotlighting on characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Although, I'm not a big fan of story telling where in each episode focuses in the limelight of each character. However, Animated has done a wonderful job of giving character devopement for each main character (Optimus, Ratchet, Prowl,Bulkhead, and Bumblebee). Right?
    I'l go through the episodes and see if its true.

Transform and Roll Out technically focuses on all five characters since the writers are just introdoucing them to the audience. Therefore, it doesn't count in this

Home Where the Spark Is is a Prowl-centric episode due to how the writers focus on his love for nature

Total Meltdown is a Bumblebee-centric episode due to him showing of his skills

Blast from The Past is a Bulkhead-centric episode due to overcoming his clumsiness

Thrill of the Hunt is a Ratchet-centric episode due to his past with Lockdown

Nanosec is a Bumblebee-centric episode again due to his rivlary with Nanosec

Along Came A Spider is an Optimus-centric episode due to his flashbacks involving BlackArachnia

Sound and Fury is a Bulkhead-centric episode due to him trying to protect Sari from Soundwave

Lost and Found is a Ratchet-centric episode due to his concerns for Sari and his teammates

Survival of the Fittest is a Prowl-centric episode despite it being a team up episode. However, I take in account the factors of Bulkhead getting knocked out in the second half and Jeff Bennett doing double duty as Prowl and Fanzone who is also in character spotlight

Headmaster is an obvious Bulkhead-centric episode.

Nature Calls is an automic Bumblebee-centric episode due to having Prowl being being infected at the second half of the episode

The Megatron Rising two parter puts Optimus Prime's leadership skills to the test.

The first three episodes of season two are all episodes that focus on how Optimus Prime's superiors see him.

Garbage In, Garbage Out is a Ratchet-centric episode due to Ratchet trying overcoming his grumpiness and trying to help Wreck-Gar.

Velocity is an obvious Bumblebee-centric episode due to him trying to prove something on his own.

Rise of Constructicons is a Bulkhead-centric episode due to his relationship with the Constructicons

Fistful of Energon is a Prowl-centric episode due to him trying to play fire with fire.

S.U.V. is a Bumblebee-centric episode due to him trying to prove something on his own.

Autoboot Camp is a Bumblebee-centric episode due to his flashbacks

Black Friday is an Optimus -centric episode due to his team-up with Grimlock

Not sure about Sari, No One's Home

A Bridge Too Close's part one focuses on Bulkhead's love for art and his usage of building the space bridge

Part two focuses on the friendship of Ratchet and Omega Supreme

Summary (excluding pilot)
    Optimus has seven episodes focusing on him
    Ratchet has four while Prowl has three.
    Bulkhead has five episodes focusing on him while Bumblebee has SIX.
    1st place: Optimus (7 episodes)- Funny how most people complained about Optimus not having enough episodes
    2nd: Bumblebee (6 episodes)- Stupid kid character
    3rd: Bulkhead (5 episodes)- Average amount of spotlight for best written character of series so far
    4th: Ratchet (4 episodes)- Not bad for an old timer character
    5th: Prowl (3 episodes)- Sucks for an awesome character

Not including the human characters

THOUGHTS on this?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the most popular characters get more epĂ­sodes?

Makes sense to me.

Also, episode 27 is clearly a Sari episode.

3. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Thats a good list, I never realized how many episodes Optimus had.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope Ratchet and Prowl have more episodes in season three

5. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Just a couple of amendments I'd make: "Transform and Roll Out", though it does introduce all of the main characters, centres its spotlight on Optimus learning what it means to be a hero, so I'd call them his episodes, whilst "Home Is Where the Spark Is" and "Autoboot Camp" I'd class as dual-focus episodes, as they highlight the relationship between two main characters (Prowl/Bumblebee and Bumblebee/Bulkhead, respectively). Moreover, I think you're forgetting that Sari is also a main character, and has her share of the spotlight too; "Nature Calls" and "Sari, No-One's Home" are clearly Sari episodes, and I'd say she shared top billing in "Sound and Fury", "Lost and Found" and "The Elite Guard" as well.

Otherwise, good list; I actually thought of doing something similar myself recently, but you've just saved me the effort. :) 

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Have you head of the five term band- Well this was focused on the five man band of Animated who show up on posters of the show.

Like this one

[​IMG]

I should've noted I'm not including human main characters and I'm also not counting the pilot.

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Well if you're going to ignore Sari, the episode was mostly a Decepticon episode, with Scrapper and Mixmaster being the spotlights.

8. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    Reminds me of a show called LOST...

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well Marty Isenberg said LOST was one of his inspirations for Animated.

Also I see
    Jack= Optimus
    Locke= Ratchet
    Sayid= Prowl
    Hurley= Bulkhead
    Charlie= Bumblebee
    Kate= BlackArachnia
    Sawyer= A nicer Sentinel Prime
    Ben= Starscream
    Charles Widmore= Megatron
    Desmond= Jazz
    Keamy= Lockdown
    Richard Alpert= Shockwave

Let's not forget how Thrill of the Hunt, Along Came a Spider, and Autoboot Camp kind of had a LOST
    Fans of LOST and Animated- Agree with me, right?

10. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Lost has fans?!!!! wow I just thought they were masochists who enjoyed being strung along for no payoff....Anyway back on the relevant topic to ignore Sari as a main character makes your list inaccurate.
    As for Ratchet and Prowl having episodes more focused on them I highly doubt they wont obviously alot of this is dependant on the accuracy of the info we have recieved (and my interpretation of said info) but seems if this whole Megatron coopts Omega Supreme, Arcee returning in the present and Oilslick could all result in Ratchet focused eps.
    Also if as we have been lead to believe Dai Atlas is (more powerful) Cyber Ninja (and with the tendency of animated characters with 2 word names one being their rank im thinking that he is like grand master of the cyber ninja temple) his appearance will likely be in a Prowl centric episode dealing with why Prowl didnt finish his training (oh and yeah I think Takei will voice Dai Atlas)

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They had better give us a Blitzwing-centric episode.

12. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd really doubt us getting a Decepticon centric ep, but it'd be great. I think we need a flashback episode of Prowl.

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Animated?

Having episodes focused on the main characters?

BLASPHEMY.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did Marty say that?

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I don't remember Marty saying LOST was one his inspiration for TFA.

HOWEVER I remember him in that audio-interview saying that LOST's writing was one of inspirations ALL-AROUND.

16. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Or else..........