Episode idea that introduces the Dinobots.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Megatron1, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

I have an idea for a way to introduce the Dinobots into Transformers: Prime. It’s an episode called Jurassic Bot (the best title I could think of at this point).

PLOT
    Three objects crash land on Earth. They turn out to be robots that have the ability to turn into dinosaurs. After landing, they end up stuck in dinosaur mode for now. Their names are Grimlock, Slag, and Swoop. They have primitive animal-like minds.

Meanwhile, Agent Fowler tells the Autobots that there have been reports of dinosaur-like objects roaming an area near Las Vegas. The Autobots go to investigate and find T-Rex like footprints. They get another call from Agent Fowler that a robotic Tyrannosaurus Rex (Grimlock) that can breathe fire is rampaging in Las Vegas and is destroying everything. The Autobots go into the streets of Las Vegas to fight Grimlock, but Grimlock’s fire breath and brute strength make him easily overpower the Autobots. Grimlock escapes.

The Autobots then return to base and try to figure out how to defeat Grimlock. But they discover that Grimlock is not the only dinosaur robot on Earth when they get reports that a Triceratops and a Pterodactyl are attacking Reno. So, the Autbots got to fight Slag(Triceratops) and Swoop(Pterodactyl), but Grimlock returns to help his Dinobot comrades. The 3 Dinobots Transform into their robot modes and a fight scene in Reno begins. The Autobots finally manage to gain the upper hand and manage to destroy the Dinobots. The Autobots return to base.

Meanwhile, Megatron discovers 3 metallic bodies of dinosaur robots lying in the river, and Megatron decides these could be useful.
    So, what do you think?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Las Vegas!? But that doesn't have rocks, snow, or trees! Impossibru!

3. Megatron1

What do you mean?

4. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Not bad.

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did they scan their alternate modes? Space?

So we don't just get a Space T-Rex, but a Space Pterodactyl and Space Triceratops too? Matt Tieger <3's you;) 

Would the Autobots actually leave something like this behind? Decepticons, sure? But these guys?

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My idea would be to scrap any past TV takes on the Dinobots and finally give them what they needed, a working mind.

I would keep them close to the comic version, smart, powerful, and skilled fighters. I would have them as the first Wreckers. They would of been captured by Shockwave's Insecticon army after a long battle and were used for tests.

I would tie in the Insecticons being on Earth as part of those tests. Shockwave sends Insecticons in pods to different worlds, one being Earth. He selects one in each planet to come online to scan for useful information for Megatron's cause. The one on Earth spots these powerful beings and Shockwave likes what he sees. So he takes the capture Wreckers and tries to recreate these powerful beings he saw to serve him.

The Wreckers are turned into the Dinobots, but the sparks endured the many tests and remain loyal to the Autobot cause and fights back when release.

That would be my back story idea for them. I would bring them into the series by having Shockwave coming to Earth when he learns his old Insecticon forces on Earth have came online. This would bring Grimlock and the Dinobots to Earth as they hate him for what he done to them.

Grimlock and the Dinobots, now on Earth still have the old Wrecker way of thinking. Do what it takes to get the job done, which expose the Dinobots to humans and risks to expose the Autobots. This would create issues between Prime's way of blending in and striking and Grimlock's way of storming in and opening fire. The only Autobot on Prime's team that can get Grimlock to follow some rules would be Bulkhead, a former member of the second Wrecker unit.

The Dinobots help the Autobots in battle, as Grimlock takes on Shockwave and almost kills him. Would of done so if Prime didn't remind him doing that would make him closer to those that he sworn to fight against. Grimlock drops Shockwave, while being shaken by how much he almost become the enemy and walks away from the battle site with the other Dinobots.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    He's getting at the fact that TFP has a relatively limited palette of environments that we've seen. They usually have barren deserts, barren mountainscapes, a barren Nevada street corners, forests, etc.. But a bustling city like Las Vegas? Thousands of people roaming around? Flashing lights? Too much. :p 

9. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Where did the Insecticons scan their altmodes? Space?

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Obviously! Space bugs! And the RotF Devastator apparently scanned ... :cool:  ... spaceballs.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Touche.

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Can I hug you?

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would just follow the aligned continuity/FOC version of the Dinobots. They were Shockwave's experiments that escaped near the end of the War for Cybertron.

A few million years later, Shockwave is up to his old tricks again and plans to drain the earth of all life to return life to the barren Cybertron. He goes to earth to make a life draining machine. The Dinobots, though they love Cybertron are unable to accept the death of earth and follow him to the planet to stop him. There, they meet Prime's autobots.

14. Megatron1

Why can't we have a battle take place in a bustling city.

15. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

This to infinity and beyond.

:lolol 

16. Megatron1

I was thinking of having The Dinobots be more like primitive beasts that have Godzilla-like minds, their only instinct to destroy everything in their paths.

But, sure, we could have Shockwave create them, but they go awry.

17. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

So you literally just have the dinobots fall out of the sky? :sly: 

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The ending sounds much like the ending to TFA's Blast from the Past.

19. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

Not until Megatron decides bring all of the decepticons in the galaxy to Earth comence a full out invasion of Earth, it would be awesome to see almost every major decepticons with Vechicon troopers attacking major cities across the world

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. It's apparently expensive
    2. The public doesn't know about the Transformers yet, and they don't seem to be wanting to change that any time soon.