Episode 60 "Thirst" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Jun 7, 2013.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The difference is last time he was dragged off screen screaming. There was never any conformation that he had died. This time we clearly saw him die on screen. No character to die on screen has ever returned in this series so why would he come back?

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Um.... Skyquake and Cliffjumper, anyone? XD He may come back, just not in the living sense. (OK, Cliffjumper had a flashback ep too where he was still alive at the time.)

Personally, as fun as this ep was (Screamer and Knock Out are always a hoot together) I was disappointed that they didn't do more with Breakdown as a character (it's pretty much been a Weekend At Bernie's thing going on with his corpse, at this point) and left so much unresolved between him and Bulkhead. Ah well, RIP BD (not Silas though, he can rot.) The return of what's-her-face was telegraphed way in advance too but I wouldn't be sad to see the last of her and the zombie Swarm.

3. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Was there a reason why they had Airachnid in a pod that I missed or forgot instead of just killing her first time.
    But it would be cool to see what they do with her now with a zombie swarm.

4. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    SCENE: Nemesis interior. The ruined body of Breakdown lies in a leaking pool of fluid, the broken body of Silas at its center. The dim lights catch a single drop of tainted Synth-En drops out of one of Breakdown's severed fuel lines, splashing on the cold, pale forehead of the dead human. Traveling down the man's wrinkles, the droo is deposited in the corpse's mouth. A second later, the body trembles as Silas's eyes once more open.

Silas: (looking himself over) B-B-B-(his eyes focus on the camera) Brains! (He leaps at the camera, mouth wide as the scene goes dark.)

(Scene fades in on Vehicon Steve staring at the camera, arms crossed and an unamused expression on his face as Zombie Silas diligently gnaws at Steve's helm with his teeth.)

Steve: That's it, I'm transfering outta this nuthouse.

In all honesty I agree Silas is gone for good as far as the canon series goes (doesn't mean some clever writer couldn't resurrect him if they gave it some thought), I'm just indulging in some wild mass guessing while we wait for Evolution. It'd be funny to see Silas going down the road Baxter Stockman walked in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Now that is a funny way to sum up Breakdown post his run-in with Airachnid.

5. SaberPrime

They weren't brought back to life they were mindless zombies. A flash back is not a character returning from the dead either as they haven't died yet. You can't return from something you haven't even gone to yet. I never thought I would have to explain how flash backs work, I thought everyone understood this. As I said before, on this show, once we see a character die, they never come back. Silas is done, and while Breakdown's body had been running around sense then he died a long time ago. It was just Silas wearing a corpse body, not Breakdown back from the dead. I figured I would throw that in as a bonus sense you mentioned every other time a character's body had been animated even though they were still in fact dead.

Which Baxter Stockman? The one who turned into a fly (Original cartoon), the one who wasn't a villain at all (Original movies), the one who lost part of his body every time he failed the Shredder and looked different in every single episode he appeared in (2003 cartoon), or the one with the crappy suit of armor that get's upgraded by the turtles' T-Pod (Current cartoon series)? There are probably some versions of him I forgot to mention but they're the ones I actually know about.

6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So next season will be all about Vampire Cybertronians?

7. SaberPrime

There isn't going to be a next season. Didn't you know the reason season 3 is so short is because they're ending the series. Which really doesn't surprise me, no Transformers series has ever lasted more than 3 seasons unless you count G1 but season 4 only lasted like 3 episodes.

8. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am wondering the vampire theme is going be in the next series. I like Prime and shame it is ending. It is cheaper to computer animated than CGI.

9. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I believe it was Arcee's way of saying she'd gotten over needing to get revenge on Airachnid. Once the she-spider was trapped and unable to hurt anyone, that was enough. Megatron just probably liked the irony of the trophy hunter herself becoming a trophy and thus kept her.

Third one, with a bit of the first mixed in. It was neat watching how his mistakes kept costing him but he kept coming back nastier and more wrong than before. His redemption in Flash Foreward was about the last good thing I remember of the franchise before Turtles Forever ruined the whole thing for me. But I think Silas would have done well with a character arc like that.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Because they wanted Gina Torres to show up again at some point?

11. SaberPrime

Computer animated IS CGI, what did you think CGI stands for? It's Computer Generated Images.

Anyway, we don't even know if the next series is going to be in the same continuity. I would think sense they're ending the series early that the next series would be a totally new continuity. I mean why rush the ending of this series if they're just going to continue the story line in a sequel series anyway? That doesn't make any sense.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well Beast Wars and Armada were able to get sequel series even if they ended their run. I mean why spend effort into making a continuity that'll last for a decade if we're just going to chuck it after Prime?

13. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime aka Nutty

Watched this episode 5+ times now. I said it earlier in the thread but wow my daughter really likes this one. So do I but seeing her enjoy it makes me like it even more.

14. SaberPrime

Neither series was ended early. Armada's sequels were plan before it even came to an end. Beast Machines ended early. If it had continued as planned we would of had the Transtech series as another sequel instead of our first new continuity, RID. Of course Beast Wars was a G1 squeal but we had a HUGE gap of dead space between G1 and BW so if there were to be a sequel it would probably be years away from now and we won't have Transformers until then.

Basically it's not about the end of a series run but rather the EARLY end of a series run. They had other episodes planned that they had to cancel because of the early end. Why bother canceling them for this series if we're just going to get a sequel when the writers can finish up what they didn't get to do with this series? That just doesn't make sense. Why the big rush to end the series if we were getting a sequel where they can deal with any unresolved issues? There's no need to rush things with a sequel being planned. Hence there isn't going to be one. New continuity is inevitable.

15. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I believe somewhere it was said they (Hasbro) didn't want to have the a tv series competing with the upcoming TF4 movie.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The writers said they aimed for 65 epsiodes. They did planned the ending after all.

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

This episode was awesome. Soundwave pulled the space bridge trick a second time (first sending Arcee to the artic, same way the Autobots did with Predacon later). I really like how creatively they use the space bridge in the series.

And I totally wasn't expecting that ending. HIBBIE-JIBBIES!

18. SaberPrime

Listening to the Podcast and they mention Breakdown's new head for this episode. Breakdown basically has 4 different heads. His original which is what the toy already looks like and then potentially 3 custom heads. Eye patch, Cylas (Which there is a Silas Knockout toy but the held sculpt isn't very good.), and now the weird open mandible with the freaky tong head.

Also there's the vehicles and I love the Vehicon designs so... Can I get custom heads from this episode for the First Edition and RID toys? I just really want to see toys of the zombie/vampire Vehicons.

19. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    you can contact shapeways from the Radicons, I think.
    might be cheaper to just buy the new Silasdown figure, take off the head and touch it up with blue paint.

Hope I understood your question