Episode 60 "Thirst" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Jun 7, 2013.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was only watching it in mid-resolution so I'd not been able to make that out anyway.

2. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    Yea, I saw that as I was watching so it didn't surprise me when her face split open. I was watching in HD on a big screen so it was easier to spot.

3. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    This episode was crazy

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron seemed to get Knockout and Starscream to deal with the Zombie infestation as he was scared of the Zombies - makes me wonder if Soundwave ordered the Insecticons to attack the Zombies on his own authority ? or was ordered to do so by Megatron or were they simply standing guard on the command centre and reacting to an attack on it ?

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    well megatron made them go out for punishment not because he was scared and soundwave actually did lead the attack on the terrorcons. Megatron probably didn't want to risk himself being bitten.

6. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    This episode was several shades of awesome! the horror of the terrorcons, the comedy of SS/KO and Airacnid.........shame what happened there.....but she aint dead..........sorta......XD overall 8/10 the only thing missing was a g-1 reference lol.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You weren't the only one. I was definitely getting a Halloween Special vibe from it as well.

It's good to see them tie up some S1/S2 loose ends (SE, Breakdown/Silas, Airachnid) in one episode.

8. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, shit. Guess that answers that question. Good to see it wasn't an unexplained plothole as to how she was infected.

And regarding Soundwave not speaking in this episode, I say good. If he is going to speak eventually, this was hardly the episode for it.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I seriously doubt that the man who doesn't fear Unicron is fearful of Decepti-zombies.

10. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

It's more a case of being smart: just because you can lead the front lines doesn't mean you *should*. Especially when you have expendable troops to throw at the problem.

11. Diceman87

Diceman87 I'm on a Quest!

In all, I really, really liked this episode.

I was glad they finally spent some quality time on the Decepticons- especially Knock-Out. The bromance between him and Starscream was just fantastic.

Tying up loose story threads was also nice of them, especially considering Silas has been MIA for a while. I am surprised they showed him...er, 'expiring' though.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Man this episode is basically a "how not to tie up lose ends" guide. These issues weren't so much resolved as tossed in a trash bin to be forgotten. They're no more "resolved" than when we last saw them. Airachnid, this big important villain, traps herself in a pod only to eventually get turned into a Zombie (sort of? I guess it's technically more of a Vampire thing?) and transported to Cybertron.

This method of "resolution" is frighteningly familiar. Also Knock Out's explanation of Dark Energon was ridiculously long-winded and clunky in it's delivery.

Also I agree, really random, pointless time for Soundwave to speak. They made a good call cutting it. Seriosuly, probably one of the smartest moves the creators have made.

13. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Basically the one second her she was hidden behind him when he had her against the wall. Cheap, I know.

I also thought the humour was a cut above this episode, but the "bromance" thing killed it. (Though it was set up for the later gag of Starscream shifting the blaem, it's not like the gag was all that original or funny)

15. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    They were resolved. As usual, not in a way you liked, but resolved nonetheless.

Airachnid was freed and transported to a planet near Cybertron, which both removes her from the picture and explains events in the comics.

We found out exactly what happened with Cylas and saw him die on screen. No loose end there.

Somebody else said the Synth En plot was trashed (too lazy to go find the post). No- KnockOut handed over the Synth En to Shockwave and Ratchet is still working on his sample. The Synth En is still in play.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Finally someone besides me noticed that. I mentioned that PAGES ago but I never noticed a reply.

The way their mouths open up to bite other robots in this episode was exactly like the Blade II Vampires which were created in an experiment to try and copy Blade's abilities. Like Blade they have all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses of normal vampires but they also ended up with this side effect of how their mouths open up and the fact that they feed on both humans and normal Vampires.

17. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Terrocon Vampires! that should be exactly how they are explained. the regular terrorcons are more adjusted to being called zombies, just dumb monsters who cant speak, the terrocon vampire on the other hand are sort of alive and can speak and think in a small fashion, airachnid is more of a vampire than anyone though.

18. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Never mind. She either got bit or scratched.

At the end of the ep, when she declares: "Serve your queen!"

I see a gash on her neck.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Loved the episode. Laughed hard at the comedic moments of Starscream and Knockout. As I was expecting, Airachnid is back, but I'm not sure I like her zombiefied though. So, we're expecting a hoard of Insecticon zombies in the near future to make life harder for the Autobots...

20. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I loved this episode so much! I want the next incarnation of the series to be called "Transformers: Shenanigans" and feature the misadventures of Knock Out and Starscream. Loved Knock Out's hilarious running and Starscream telling the medic (who doesn't even have any long range weapons) to "see if you can hold it off. And the bromance. Oh, the bromance.

I think Knock Out having to turn over his experiments to Shockwave was a way for the writers to get rid of the Synth-En. (Either Shockwave won't use it, or he'll find a way to feed it to the Predacons to make them even more violent.) Like, "Okay, dial down the mad scientist stuff and just fix 'Cons, Knock Out." I don't think Knock Out will become Shockwave's lab assistant since Shockwave is working in an off-site lab; if Knock Out were also off the ship, who would handle the war wounded?

Although if Knock Out were in the off-site base, it would give Shockwave someone to exposit to . . .