Episode 52 "Darkest Hour" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Oh God. It's David Kaye's Mom Agian.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I like the new exscuse for Hasbro to make a repaint and sell it as a new figure. When can I get my silver flying jet Vehicon toy?

4. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the near future from Takara-Tomy =/ possibly and most likely never from hasbro

5. SaberPrime

Hasbro needs to release that figure! It's only available from Takara right now not in the new color scheme but that doesn't necessarily mean that Hasbro won't eventually release it in the states... unless the wings on the jet version some how make it illegal to sell here. I'm not sure what the exact details of the laws are for that but I could see where the wings might pose a legal issue. They could resize the wings which would fix the legal problems while simultaneously creating screen accuracy problems. Depending on how bad it ended up looking I might still buy it anyway as long as the wings aren't ridiculously shortened to the point of looking like it can't actually fly. Anyway there's a General version of that vehicon toy that I think might have the new color scheme from the show.

Anyway it looks like Wheeljack might be dead but all we know for sure is that his ship crashed. No idea if he could of survived the crash or not.

Optimus Prime looks to also be dead as his arm can be seen in the wreckage of the base. This seems rather odd considering the writers stand on "when we kill a character they stay dead" leaving no way to revive Optimus.

I think this marks the first time a season of any series has ended with a Decepticon victory of this magnitude. They've had small victories like season one of Beast Wars ending with Optimus Primal's death but not destroying the entire base of the opposing faction and building a new base for themselves.

I was expecting to see the Nemesis revived and Transforming at the end of the season as a way of trying to match or outdo the Unicron story of the first season but this even though there's no giant robot has managed to outdo Unicron. Mainly because it's left the Autobots with a huge disadvantage.

I can't wait to see what season 3 brings to Prime. This series started out bad and has had some bumps along the road but generally it gets better as it goes along.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    a very good nick at that. You mention Optimal Megatron, people know who you're talking about.

7. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm way with you man, they definitely need to. With all the cost cutting and reuse of molds, you'd think releasing the jet vehicon right away would be a no brainer! I still have hope that they'll release 'em but as with recent releases...hope is dwindling.

Yeah, I figured the wings were the reason too, since maybe they might break some safety issues here that are okay with japan--or something. It definitely doesnt make any other sense to not release them if they were going to release the car vehicon in the U.S. who has less vehicular screen time in show.

-Wheeljack, imo, had the 'I'm not dead' death. We saw his ship get hit and then crash behind a mountain. If anything, that's opening up some places for his 'here's how I survived by using an ejector seat' type scenario next season lol...it'd be better if they just showed the ship hitting the ground and exploding...

-Prime's arm being left behind is what is bothering me, but I wonder if it's for dramatic effect. Can anyone tell which arm it is? If it's not his right arm, part of me thinks he still has the star saber...wherever he is. I doubt he died and they'll use his return for the mid season next season...or the season finale--or something big like that. You know, after the autobots are through moving on their own and trying to get by with all the crap going down.

This episode was pretty awesome. The season finales, at least, always impress with the cliffhangers. I gotta say, Megatron bringing in the 'Transform and Rise Up!' was my favorite part...his speech about how they're going to get revenge on prime and the autobots for dooming their planet and whatnot just set it up so right!

I just hope that the relics left behind before the bots bridged back to base dont get forgotten...it'd be a shame and stupid for Megatron
    to be on Cybertron ( as we've seen in the NYCC preview clip)
    and not to gather them or use them...especially since he doesn't need the arm of a prime to use these specific ones.

-and here's to Airachnid coming back--dunno how she'll be introduced again, but I'm looking forward to it...or else this show will have some more props in killing a character without a scene dedicated to it or even depicting it. Just 'the base fell on her and she died...'

8. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I just wonder if it's Airachnid's arm and not Prime's. Don't get me wrong - it looks like Prime's arm, but you never know.

9. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    unless airachnid turned red and gained weight..I doubt it

10. SaberPrime

Everyone calls him Optimal Megatron because he has the body of Optimal Optimus and that's really the only way you can refer to that specific version of Beast Era Megatron.

Actually the car vehicons are shown far more often. There's only a hand full of shots in the air of the jets and most of them you can't even clearly see what the jets look like. I think in robot mode the jets are shown more often sense they mostly seem to have the wings on their shoulders rather than the tires.

That behind the mountain bit is why I said he only MIGHT be dead. Up till that point everyone has died on camera or in the case of Breakdown you could see his corpse after he was killed off screen. With Wheeljack you don't see anything except his ship crashing.

Of course given that we know everyone else was killed and Wheeljack is the first one that's really been up for speculation I have a felling he most likely survived. I like Wheeljack so I hope I'm right though I do hope his ship is left beyond repair because we really don't see enough of his vehicle mode. He doesn't need to use it too often with that ship of his so I kind of want him grounded.

It's possible sense it was only his arm that maybe he survived some how maybe by jumping threw the ground bridge before it exploded and some how his arm got left behind as the bridge closed behind him. It would be rather ironic if Optimus simply lost his arm sense he did cut off Megatron's Prime arm in the same episode.

Yes I liked that as well. It kinda adds to the irony. Frank Welker played Shockwave in Dark of the Moon who is normally played by Cory Burton who first used the line as Animated Megatron who is normally played by Frank Welker who is now stealing the line from his own character that he didn't get to voice. And breath!

Except the forge of Solus Prime was left in the Autobot's base. Of course in flash backs Solus Prime was seen wielding it as a weapon but the Autobots don't seem to know it can be used as a weapon and not just to build stuff as Arcee says it's not that kind of hammer. Plus when they first found it Bulkhead was swinging it around as a weapon but that's kinda more a personality trait for him to swing around blunt objects as weapons.

Someone might go threw the wreckage latter on and find her corpse in it. It's not very likely that she would of been awakened from stasis and is most likely dead as I don't see any possible way she could of survived that blast in her stasis pod.

Um... what he said.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

There's no way that was Airachnid's arm as they look nothing alike. It was most defiantly Optimus' so he's either dead or running around some where with only one arm.

11. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

Wow, amazing.... ummmmm.....

Can't stop thinking about this episode, so I've been reading most of the previous posts here --- there is soooo much complaining about Prime giving up the keys for the kids, but remember: "team Prime" wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for the help of the humans. Optimus could never hand over the lives of Jack, Miko, and Raf any more than he could hand over Ratchet, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, or Smokescreen....

The other complaint that keeps appearing is that Prime is a weak and indecisive leader. I disagree - if anything, Prime is a bad communicator, and he seems to withhold information until it is absolutely necessary to know. My guess is that A3 told him A LOT more than we know when he received that message hidden in the sabre. (Someone else pointed this out 60 some pages back....) A3 also mentioned something about the gift of prophecy, about being able to see people in places in the future regardless of the outcome of the war. Perhaps Prime experienced some of that, and knew that events needed to happen a certain way (i.e. destroy the lock before destroying Megatron). I don't think all hope of restoring Cybertron is lost just yet...

And, if you don't actually see/witness a character die, we can't assume they are dead... (at least that's what I'm telling myself in order to stay sane for the next 3-5 months)

Also, for characters as prudent as Prime, Ratchet, and Arcee, I keep imagining that they always had a backup plan in their pocket -- as in what to do if they need to "bug out" in a hurry. I kept trying to see where Ratchet sent everyone -- Iowa? Texas?....

I agree, Jeffery Combs did an OUTSTANDING job of voicing Ratchet...hearing him yell at Prime was just gut wrenching

I love the personality switch in Starscream, but I'm pretty sure that he will still betray Megatron in the end (Frank Welker ROCKS though!!!)

Yeah, I feel just as stressed out about this episode....so much changed so fast, but absolutely amazing -- I think this is one of the most well written shows around -- and the details in the animation are amazing. Kudos to the writers! {yeah, this is my first post here...}

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like this post.

13. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This idea is something I hadn't deeply considered. While I never felt that OP has been indecisive, or weak (just dumb) the idea that he's been playing everything very close to his chest fits with his character (or lack there of). I really, really hope that if this is what the creator's are going for, (and there have been subtle if unfulfilling hints that they are) then it gets touched on more in S3. Maybe a sense of betrayal coming from some members of the Team (i.e. Ratchet) and having OP being vindicated towards the end of the season when more information comes out (hopefully it's all post-mortem for OP). That's what I really want to see in S3 I think, and what both Season Finale's did a good job building to, is team tensions and character arcs, there was a lot of good interesting stuff happening with the teams (Starscream apparently turning over a new leaf, Ratchet's struggle with OP's actions, Dreadwing's failure to hold on to his loyalty, and the price he paid for it, etc.) I think the reason I like Megatron more than Optimus in Prime is because Megatron gets involved in his teams politics. Maybe S3 will give us an Autobot leader (Arcee) that can do the same.

14. SaberPrime

I don't know how anyone can call Optimus indecisive.

"If my decision dooms the future of the Autobot cause on Cybertron so be it but I will never forsake our human allies." -Optimus Prime

This line of dialog alone proves that Optimus is not in any way "indecisive" which means that he's incapable of making decisions. You could argue that he's made the wrong decisions but that's not the same as not making any decisions at all. Two-Face is indecisive, that's why he has that iconic coin. The coin makes the decisions for him, without it Two-Face is incapable of making decisions for himself. Do you see Optimus flipping a coin to decide weather to save Earth or Cybertron? No he just acts, that's not in any way indecisive.

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We may if a fan reads this post and draws the image. :lol 

But seriously, I agree. If Optimus wasn't capable of making these life altering decisions, then Alpha Trion would never have petitioned Halagon and the Council to make him a Prime and he seems like a really good judge of character.

jD001

16. SaberPrime

I don't know about that. I question what Alpha Trion saw in Smokescreen. Gawd I hate him though he wasn't quite as annoying in the last two episodes. Of course he didn't get as much screen time in the last 2 episodes either. I hope it stays that way I hate him.

17. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

In Optimus´defense, I think he would have let Megatron getting away and win this time, if he wouldn´t have been so greedy and tried to claim both Cybertron and Earth.
    From Optimus perspective, the question may have been: "Is it fair to sacrifice an entire world and the lifes, hopes and future of their inhabitants, to help to revive a world which was destroyed by our own mistakes...?"

18. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quick question here bulkhead was holding the stasis stick why didn't he blast the cons when they threatened the kids at the beginning?

19. SaberPrime

First... lol Stasis Stick, it's called the Immobilizer. Can we make Stasis Stick it's new unofficial name?

Second... well the real life reason is that it would make the episode too short and probably end the series if Bulkhead just froze all the Cons. In story though it really doesn't make any sense.

Also Bulkhead looks really funny holding it because of how small it looks in his hands.

Personally I think Optimus should of been wearing the Apex Armor sense it's based on Power Master Optimus Prime anyway. Arcee should of had the immobilizer. Bulkhead should of had the Polarity Gauntlet. And Bumblebee should of had whatever was left... Smokescreen can keep the weapons he had as a reward for not annoying me in these two episodes.

20. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just want to say how much i like this Optimus! Given that many other people have said they don't for whatever reason. But yeah, i don't think he's all that different from any other incarnation, G1 or movie OP... His character is the same except it's more pronounced, he's more philosophical and more inward and i like that. It makes him more interesting cause you don't know what's going to happen or what he's going to do... And there is plenty of him kicking ass to reward you too.