Episode 51 "Regeneration" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by AxionPrime, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you think that a man who doesn't know how to make a key would know how to make a soul? I dunno about you, but I think a soul is one of those things that nobody really knows how to make.

Besides, what would a Spark be made out of? Electricity, energon and gin?

Don't get me wrong, I did like Dreadwing but I think that it's perfectly okay to leave a character dead.

2. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Don't think it would happen really been said When a character dies they stay dead, so doubt that it would happen really, might might be little chance.

3. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    He needs to be resurrected in Beast Hunters as Depthcharge, whom his deco homages anyway. It would fit so well.

4. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

I said......Maybe Prime doesn't know how to forge keys, but maybe a spark is a different story.......or it's just to complex to forge..... i really don't know. Vector Sigma maybe or there is something else on Cybertron that Prime hasn't tell the Bots.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The question is, is Dreadwings Spark offline ??? Okay Megatron shot a whole threw him but still :
    The spark is a physical entity which is safeguarded inside a Transformer body. If something harms the spark beyond repair, it is "extinguished" and returns to the Allspark (or sometimes the Well of All Sparks). The Transformer is then considered dead. A Transformer is able to survive an enormous amount of physical damage. As long as the spark is intact, it is possible to repair or rebuild the body and restore the spark to it.
    Spark - Transformers Wiki

5. megapork

megapork Cheese

Well that is true and Dreadwing could have survived the bigass hole in the chest. But there is still the fact Starscream and Knock-Out basically confirmed that Dreadwing is dead. We know for a fact the Cons clean up their dead, Just see Hardshell, And they undoubtedly check if they are actually dead. And Given that Knock-out , the Chief Medical Person(Well the only one actually since the other one brokedown), had been in agreement with Scream's little jibe about Dreadwing pushing up lugnuts, he had undoubtedly examined Dreadwing's body.

6. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

I wish they didn't kill Dreadwing to be honest.

I would have rather him and Megatron dueled it out, leaving Dreadwing scared and possibly missing a limb and then have him escape by blasting a hole through the ship.

I mean, he can go off and find himself but not be going around interfering with the main cast.

It's sad when characters in this show start developing a STRONG personality they get killed off. :/

7. Starscreamsfan

Starscreamsfan Don Botleone

News Credits:
    I know, man. But it happens in almost every TF continuity (With the exception of RiD and Rescue Bots). But in my case, I kinda got used to it, and when a character dies, my only reaction is getting shocked. And if it's a character I loved a lot, I get more shocked. Starting with BW up until BM, I had the tendency to cry when any of my favorite characters died. When Dinobot died, I cried for all day. But the death that shocked me the most in my childhood was, the death of Starscream in TFTM. When I saw Galvatron pulverize my most favorite character in TF history, I felt completely scared and I couldn't react for almost a minute. :eek: 

Man, I don't know why I bother with telling my story when I'm just posting a reply :confused2 

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    dreadwings death was sort a different plot twist. but megatron stated there was to be no more in fighting amongst the decepticons any longer. i guess he put his foot down on the topic becuase he had to set an example on what would happen to those who would disrupt the "peace".

as for optimus and the forge of solas, well he did state that there was something he couldnt do becuase he wasnt familiar with how it worked. so the forge must work in a way that all the selected prime who wields it would have to do is think about what he/she wants made and pound away with the hammer. BUT! if they dont know what theyre making it likely wont work. making a sword is 1 thing becuase all you have to do i would imagine is imagine the blade and how you want it. but a complex machine or even the omega key which is something thats connected to primus himself is something different altogether.

so the hammer isnt a dues ex machina, but thats adds some flavor to it in a way that i like.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You know what really sucks? Dreadwing was a G1/G2ish character that was never in a cartoon before and he died. Just like Skyquake was a G2 character who...also died. Why couldn't it have been Starscream? We've had more than enough of him. And I mean without the damn ghost this time.

At first I was okay with it for the shock factor. Now I'm changing my mind. This sucks.

10. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "It's just a show, I should really just relax."
    I recommend repeating that to yourself a few times.

A good.

Dozen times.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Starscream should have died not Dreadwing.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
  13. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I loved it loved it loved it!

I don't know if anyone speculated yet, but I wonder if the Finale will happen at the same time as Regeneration, so the parts at the Autobot Base explain how the Preds got the kids, kicked Ratchet's Ass, and freed Airachnid.

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    ...The Predacons? Since when are they on-screen yet?

Also, they weren't at the base, therefore the 'Cons didn't need to go storm it.

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I think that Megs knew SS would help his goals more with his backstabbing, sneaky ways than Dreadwing's honor bound methods. Starscream's plan with the kids justifies the decision.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
  17. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    interesting

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Finally Megatron does what he should have done from the start, take human hostages.

19. Gamma Ray Burst

Gamma Ray Burst Well-Known Member

Okay, kinda late to the party, but what the hell, just had to make a few observations.

First of all, fantastic episode. :D  I usually don't like mystical/magical objects--I lean more toward the hard end of the SF spectrum--but I like the way it was used here. The Forge of Solus Prime is kind of ridiculous, but I can let that one slide. ;)  Oh, and Smokescreen didn't piss me off, so that's another one in the "win" column.

As much as I'm not really eager to see any character killed off, I'm actually okay with Dreadwing's exit. I never found him to be particularly honorable, what with his using hidden bombs to try to kill people, and all. And he was actually quite incompetent. He didn't actually succeed at anything except swiping the Forge and delivering it to the 'Bots. And in his final scene, first he missed the shot he fired at Starscream from a distance that should've almost guaranteed a direct hit. Second, instead of simply gunning him down, Dreadwing wasted time mouthing off and then dropped his gun and walked away from it, leaving it on the floor behind him, where anyone could pick it up and shoot him in the back. And third, instead of simply skewering his target, he wasted even more time flapping his cake-masher.

I actually expected Megatron to just beat the crap out of him, so Megs shooting him caught me by surprise. I sat here for a moment, thinking, "Did that really just happen?"

What others said about Dreadwing using this as a means of suicide makes sense. Just from the way his voice sounded when he handed over the Forge, it seemed like he wanted to die. He just wanted to take Starscream with him, and blew it.

I actually like the kids, so I enjoyed seeing them again. Interesting situation, with the 'Bots keeping them out of the loop, and where that leads them at the end of the episode. Telling them what was going on, and either taking them to the base or asking Fowler to secure them at another location (since the 'Cons already know where the kids live) would've saved them a lot of trouble later on.

Again, I like the way the relics were used. The Apex armor looked pretty good on Arcee. Odd, since I thought it looked goofy on Starscream...or maybe it just took me a while to get used to the way it looks. And speaking of Arcee, thanks to the armor, she was a tank in this battle. :D  Killing Vehicons with one punch--each blow must've been like getting hit by a speeding train carrying a payload of pure fuck you. :lol 

Then there was that bit with her picking two of them up and smashing them together. Hell, yeah! :D 

The spark extractor, however, was horrifying. Just seeing what it did...when its pulse hits you, there's absolutely nothing you can do, you just drop. Creepy.

Getting to the end...when Starscream said, "Actually..." I totally expected him to betray Megatron again. But then he actually did something useful.

And the standoff. I love how Miko just looked pissed off. :lol  Like, "Hey, I whacked the toughest Insecticon in your army. When I get out of this thing, your ass is grass and I'm a lawn mower." Heheh.

When Optimus said, "And if we refuse?"...I doubt he was serious about it; maybe he was just stalling. But some of the other characters probably should've flicked him a "WTF?" look. ;)  I can see Miko giving him a look like, "Oh, you did not just say that."

Really, though, as much as it might seem logical to sacrifice three lives to revive their homeowrld...let's face it, the 'Bots have promised to protect these kids, and Earth as well. Not only that, but the kids are their friends. They couldn't live with themselves after saying, "Sorry, guys, but you're just not important enough to us in the grand scheme of things."

Now, having seen the preview clip for the next episode...it was nice to see June again, and Jack's recording on his voicemail made me chuckle. Then the beam hits, and the scene turns into a nod to a nearly identical scene in Star Trek. :D  And then Optimus's description of how the reformatting works sounds very much like the Genesis Device in The Wrath of Khan.

If it becomes a choice between saving Earth or saving Cybertron...there's really no choice. Cybertron is long dead (and if it's revived at this point, it'll be Megatron's Cybertron), but Earth is home to seven billion people--and billions of other life forms. Letting that happen...no. Just no.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Just a couple more days to go.... :D 

20. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

you know what guys, it occurred to me whilst rewatching the episode........Bulkhead could have just used the Immobilizer to freeze the cons and Bumblebee could have lifted the humans away from them with the Polarity Gauntlet