Episode 45 "The Human Factor" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Starscream600, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    :lol  No.

'Garbage In, Garbage Out' Wreck-Gar's first episode is about the nanobots that we first saw in Transform and Roll Out and Wreck-Gars story continues in 'Human Error II'. The entire premise of the Autobots helping out to restore their damaged reputations is the fallout from last season finales, 'Megatron Rising', Angry Archer first appeared in 'Home is where the Spark is'.

'Sound and Fury', Soundwaves first episode is an episode that is about Megatrons quest to get a new body, one of the main themes to season 1, ending when Megatron gets the key he first learns about in this episode to repair himself. It also ties into Soundwaves later episodes, 'Human Error I' and 'Human Error II', and introduces Prof. Princess who would reappear in 'SUV: Society of Ultimate Villainy'.

'Human Error I' builds on the entire season 2 arc of Porter C Powell having run Sumdac Industries to have gotten the Blueprints to make the Soundwave action figures that are a major plot point of this episode. It also builds on 'Sound and Fury' and most obviously leads into 'Human Error II'.

'Human Error II' besides most obviously building on 'Human Error I', and thus the entire run of Season 2's Powell subplot, it also ties in to 'Garbage In, Garbage Out' for Wreck-Gar, the altered Dinobot Island (and perhaps the break of Snarl from the other Dinobots) from 'Predacons Rising', and Scrapper being alone after the events of 'Threes a Crowd'.

'Nanosec', like 'Sound and Fury' is part of the season one major plot about Megatron trying to get a body. Nanosec himself returns in 'SUV: Society of Ultimate Villainy'.

'Home is where the Spark is, 'Blast from the Past', 'Nanosec', 'Sound and Fury', 'Nature Calls' are all main episode plots about Megatrons quest for a body, all but Nature Calls are spurred on my Megatrons persuit to build one, while Nature Calls is about finding his old one, leading into the two-part 'Megatron Rising' finale. A finale that also references every episode from that season except 'Headmaster' and 'Thrill of the Hunt', which will both be used both for multiple later episodes.

Emphasis there on smalll ways. Outside of the relic hunt, there really hasn't been an overall plot arc that Prime has gone on. It's meandered around all this time.

Again, Animated had a very clear flow for each season.

Season 1. Megatron getting his body.
    Season 2. Megatron building a Spacebridge and enacting his plan to conquer a helpless Cybertron.
    Season 3. Megatron gaining control and then exploiting Omega Supreme to conquer Cybertron.

Even BW did this to a degree:
    Season 1: was a bit all over the place, I'll give you that, but it did introduce all the elements that would be utilized later and had a buildup of the Vok and their realization that the BW is going on.
    Season 2: Buildup to the Ark.
    Season 3: Protect the Ark.

Heck, even the season finale for Rescue Bots references at least 8 episodes.

Prime did nothing but waste time leading into Unicron that came from no where and resolved just as quickly for it's first season finale.

Read what I wrote. Superlink. And yes, Superlink is far better than Prime.

Because none of the other shows set up for it to happen and then didn't go through with it. They set up and were going to kill Raf until a last minute change of their minds. The writers have outright stated that. Hence the part of the prophecy about "The weak perish", it was supposed to foreshadow Rafs death.

Bulkhead got everything a character gets when they die midseries. He got a montage, he got the motivating speech, his uncertain fate was teased more than once as a cliffhanger ending. Structurally, he should have died. Instead he's just limping on as a completely unlikable character for no discernable reason.

That's the difference.

It would be like 'Code of Hero' not killing Dinobot at the end and instead he showed up a few episodes later just fine. Speaking of which, Dinobot and Rhinox not being main characters makes me want to ask you what constitutes a main character, since both died well before the ends of their series.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

Except most of them don't really affect the overall main story in Season 1 which is Megatron's rebulding. There's a difference between buling things up for future episodes and making episodes that affect the story of season 1.

That I do agree on but still that doesn't change the fact that most episodes of Animated are stand alones.

I beg to differ. Season 2 so far has been about the mystery concerning Project Iacon and so far we're getting some steps closer to what it's really about through the relics like the Star Saber and the Omega key. There are rumors that it could be the possible resusserection of Cybertron itself. If that's not a sign of a season arc I don't know what is. Again we don't know how the 2nd season story will turn out until it's actually over.

The Darkness Rising arc mentioned Dark Energon being the blood of Unicron,MEgatron's growing madness and of Optimus's thoughts on not being hard on MEgatron before One Shall Fall. And I hardly call certain character growths like Arcee's Ratchet's Jack's and June's growth wastes of time because they did show to have a point later on.

Like I said with Season 2 it's shown to be about uncovering what Project Iacon is really about and if I recall right we haven't heard the last of Unicron by the writers. Maybe it's a little disjointed but it's far from directionless.

How? Just tell me how is Superlink is better? From what I've heard both versions of the show stunk to high heaven in a lot of ways and so far it's looks to be quite true and justified. And that certain character in Superlink make even Miko seem well behavied in comparison.

Inferno would like to have a word with you on that. He's been slated off to be killed but then he's brought back for marketing reasons. And in Beast Machines what about the many times that the characters were supposedly killed off but then brought back again? Or with how in Armada Smokescreen looks to have died but then was alive in anew body the episode after?

Then there's the idea of Primal dying in Season 1 but then brought back in the first two episodes in S2

First off I didn't mention Beast Wars in there because it did have main character deaths in the middle of the show. There's a difference. Dinobot was never the main character in Beast Machines because he wasn't in it. He was in Beast Wars. Rhinox didn't have much of a big role for the Maximal side and he got killed off later on.

As for Bulkhead we don't actually know that he's fully okay in the end. For all we know he can still have a fatal side effect later on. Again you're jumping conclosions to how a story ends before it evens finshes. The reason why he's being aggressive was because he's not coping with his injurys well and the fear of him lsoing Miko to Smokescreen and that he's wuestioning his worth to the team is enough for him to feel out of it. And it's not like he all of the sudden got better in the episode after he got hurt it took time for him to recover. What do you expect him to cope with the injurys? By being happy? It's not a fun thing to go through.

Seriously there are times that some of the fandom either don't pay attention to a story or characters progress or are just looking for ways to complain. There are other ways of looking at a show's story and characters.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Oh good lord........

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *walks out of topic*

jD001

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Then you don't understand what Stand Alone means.

It's got characters who are actually characters, not cardboard cutouts.

It's got actual character drama and excitement in episodes.

It's got character developement and depth (relative).

It's not just one story that goes all over the place. Multiple characters operate large schemes with series long plans.

Hell, episode 6, 'Ressurection Galvatron!' alone is better than the entirety of Prime.

Slated to be killed off and in show foreshadowed to be killed off are two different things.

I won't further derail this thread with this side conversation since this is way off topic, so I'm done here.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe not but that doens't mean I can't tell that there's plot elements that connect with each other all the same. I'm not stupid.

Really? From what I've heard almost all of the fandom agrees that despite it's flaws Prime is the far better show the Super Link/Energon. I can't judge it because I didn't see it yet however a lot of people say that characters like Ironhide are annoying and that it's Arcee is bearly a character at all but a plot device and Kicker makes even Miko look tolerable.

Me too.

7. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow you ain't kidding.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol  Me too, I thought I was in the Prime forum...my bad.

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, believe me. You are.

11. LordPrime

LordPrime Dark Lord

[​IMG]