Episode 45 "The Human Factor" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Starscream600, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Starscream262

Starscream262 Active Member

Perhaps just being interfaced with Breakdown created some thought for him to join the Deceptions. He had no real reason to do so otherwise.

Other then terribad writing, of course <.<

2. LegoShokwave123

LegoShokwave123 YOU CLOD!!!

:lolol 

3. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Well, in his defense, Megatron usually limits himself to yell and menace his named minions (nor Steves) for their constant failures.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless he knows how to turn of his transponder (which I highly doubt), he would've been damned if he didn't return to base, though he would have gone down fighting though--and that probably would have earned him a spot among Megatron's ranks, as the Decepticons seriously need warriors that can actually take it to the Autobots. Then again, Megatron really can't stand humanity, and this episode really showed that. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

But Agent Fowler said he entered the military base, and the surveillance photo showed him entering the base, no? Attacking a military base from the outside seems pretty stupid, especially when you'd yield more damage if you were doing so from within in well inside their defenses. Why would this master strategist do something like that? Yeah, I know he's done some stupid things (decimating his own crew), but strategy and attacking is what he does.

Funny, I always knew he'd become a Transformer. I just never thought he'd be a character we already knew. I thought that he'd become Onslaught, becoming the first of Bruticus. I didn't consider his becoming a Transformer would be the result of an ill-fated battle with the Autobots--I thought MECH's tampering with Energon was going to ruin his body as it did Doctor Arkeville of G1.

But I digress. Anyway, I still wonder if whether we've seen the last of MECH or not.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rewatching this episode, I really loved the music in this one. The editing was very good and a particularly badass tune plays during Silas vs. Breakdown. It added a lot to the intensity of the episode.

6. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Yes, you are right. Agent Fowler did say that. He did enter the base there. But that doesn't mean they let him into the base willingly. When I saw the smoking guard house and the trail of destruction leading towards the building he wanted to get into I took it as he didn't get past the guard house peacefully. I agree that attacking the base from the outside would be pretty stupid and that's why Silas went to the guard house in the first place. As for the other stuff you mentioned, I just chalk it up to him being nuts/power hungry to begin with and then losing his humanity being merged with Breakdown didn't help. One never really knows what people like that are going to do next. Scary stuff.

But, I digress. You have some very good points which gives me another way to look at it.

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Uh, did you miss the part where Megatron called him back to base and then opened a ground bridge for him? Besides, from a story perspective it made more sense for Silas to go back to the Nemesis since he was trying so hard to join up with the Decepticons. The fact that they then traitor him... was purely delicious evil 'revenge is a dish best served cold', justice!

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Who asked or whined to see that?!?

Yet it's been a question you've asked multiple times in multiple forums and has been answered by multiple users. This is the last time I'm going to answer it, as either you're in denial about the answers you get or you don't bother to read responses in threads that in many cases, you've started, which results in the same result, that I shouldn't bother to answer the question any further.

No. People did not complain about dropped plot threads in Animated like they have in Prime. Why? Because there weren't so many and the show was far tighter, there were no stand alone episodes in Animated. Every episode either tied to that season finale, another episode in that season, another episode in a later season, or all of the above. All the unanswered questions are because the show ended too soon, not because the show never bothered to do anything with them instead of explaining them.

No. People did not complain about it in BW. While there was occasional grousing about Tigatron and Airrazor being so scant in the series, it did not have as many unfullfilled stories as Prime is trying to do. While the first season did have a lot of stand alone episodes and moved at an overall slow pace, they didn't introduce plot elements that could've potentially changed the series, left them in play, and never return to them.

Speak for yourself. Cybertron and Superlink are better than Prime.

I've finally figured out what Primes problem is. It has Torchwood Syndrome.

Torchwood is/was a spin-off of the very popular Doctor Who series, but it had the freedom to be it's own show that would be darker and more adult; whereas Doctor Who is family friendly, Torchwood would be made entirely for an adult audience. It could do episodes about sex and whatnot. So it did. It did them badly (An alien who feeds by having humans orgasm for example; aliens who use children like crackpipes). It was trying so hard to be adult that it lost what the show should really have been about, which resulted in it not being well received and eventually limping into oblivion ending in a story that contradicts itself multiple times.

This show has the same core problem. They started with a gutsy move in killing Cliffjumper and trying to establish that this isn't a safe series and that it could be a dark are more "mature" series. Then they've done nothing but focus on that element, which in turn made them scared. They were going to kill off Raf in the first season finale, but didn't. They were going to kill Bulkhead, but didn't. They introduce rivalries and story elements and then do nothing with them, yet continue to add more for no reason other than to bog down and point out just how silly this series is.

Honestly, I would hope that CyLAS is dead. It would be a fitting end for MECH to be eliminated by it's own obsessed leader who would after having dissected and "organ" thefted parts from Transformers would end up being dissected by the Transformers himself.

I doubt the series could leave well enough alone.

Not that I expect much views given that this is going on page 32 of an episode discussion that's four days old.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No one did. It's mearly an opinion of mine that Arcee in Animated should've been done more as an actual character in the show then just a plot device.

You didn't have to answer it in the first place. And I do read repsones otherwise how do I know what I'm talking about?

Actaully The episode where Wreck-Gar first appeared,the two Soundwave episodes,and that one episode of Nano Sac appeared are pretty much stand alone episodes so that isn't really true.

And believe it or not the only stand alone episodes in Prime I can think of is Shadowzone and Scrapheap,otherwise many of the episodes in Prime do connect with each other in small ways.

That's not really fair to accuse Prime of that yet because it's not over yet. If you're going to compaire the two shows by plot uses wait until Prime's finshed then do it because we ultimately don't know what derection it's going to take in the future and for all we know it can revisit those plot points. If you still want to do it by seasons.

You honestly put Energon of all shows above Prime? I know that's your opinion and all but seriously? Are you also going to rank Kiss Players above Prime too?

Anyway the writers in Prime know that they're going for a dark route but they likely want to be careful of how they do it otherwsie it can go overboard and lose viwers for being too dark. And really Prime is hardly the first TF show to not kill off it's main hero characters until the end. I mean none of the Maximals and Autobots in both Beast Machines and Animated died until the end of their respective shows except for a few minor ones and yet no one seems to have any problems with those so why bash it on Prime now? Beast Machines was a pretty dark show in it's own right too and yet no one gave any flak about that not killing off any of it's main heros until the end.

I mean is having Prime dark such a huge problem with a lot of people? I can understand if the tone's not done right for some people but c'mon.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Prime isn't dark, it's dour. There isn't so much a cloud of omnipresent dread as there is boredom. That's why Smokescreen is a really good addition to the team. He's a genuinely happy guy despite his less than stellar career start. Now if some of the other Autobots would cheer up, we could be onto something.

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The rest of the team isn't that boring and gloomy. Bumblebee certainly isn't the serious guy because he's shown to have a good sense of fun and is quite cheerful at times.. Even Arcee is shown to have a few fun quirks and such. Bulkhead's also fun at times. So is Ratchet when he wants to be. I understand if this applies to Optimus though.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I've finally got my internet back and have now seen The Human Factor. Good parts: Soundwave was an awesome character. Bad: Everything else.

Mech was the only interesting thing this show had going and they just obliterated it in one fucking single episode. Silas destroys Mech then the Decepticons kill Silas. How come the one and only, single, alone thing the Decepticons have ever accomplished in this show was killing the only person who every got anything done.

I know this show always does this sort of things but this is going too far. I now demote my opinion of this show from decent to outright bad.

13. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

So what was the deal with Arcee when it was said that "the human bot aliance has worked well" she said something to te efect of sometimes or most times, just seemed kinda pissy i dont know.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    She was reffering to the times that Miko got on the team's nerves for being pretty reckless in the past not to mention Ratchet not happy about having them around in the first couple of episodes of the show.

15. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

edit: Need more coffee before I reply.

16. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I have to totally agree with this. I wanted a new Autobot but the fact he has upbeat and happy personality just made me absolutely fall in love with him. There have been cute and funny moments throughout the show but the Autobots underlying tone is gloomy and serious so it's a great change and welcome addition. I just hope they don't turn Smokescreen into a gloomy grump. :cry 

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I honeslty don't see the Autobots as being gloomy and grumpy at all. Yes Arcee's moody but it's a part of her character,Bulkhead's a little serious yes but he still has his fun moments,Bumblebee is far from being serious with his upbeat expressions and eagerness so I don't see why people claim him as such.Wheeljack's also has a fun charm to him too. The only ones on the team that I can see as being a grump is Ratchet and Optimus as serious. As for the rest I just don't see it.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have a problem with it being dark if it actually was dark. It goes to the edge of being dark but then pulls itself back when it could actually pay off, which leads to it feeling really hollow.

It ends up being more emo than dark.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Smokescreen just adds so much to the dynamic. They need to have him work with Arcee at some point.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Beaast Machines while having dark moments didn't really killed off any of it's main Maximals until the end either so why's Prime any different with not killing any of it's main Autobots yet? The writers in Prime has a line to cross in order to have it dakr without going overboard I mean we saw characters killed onscreen in a pretty gruesome manner as well as some pretty dark situations like in this episode where Silas killed off his men looking quite scary in being inside Breakdown and how Knockout's going to enoy toturing him in the end. Not to mention the way Airachnid tourtured Arcee and killed off Tailgate.

If those aren't dark I don't know what is.