Episode 43 "Out of the Past" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Stardust262, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So, getting back on topic...

I wonder who Shockwave will side with when he inevitable returns. Megatron? Starscream (god knows he needs all the help he can get)? Or perhaps just himself?

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I remember hearing his unique blaster sound and thinking "Holy s**t! It's not the exact same as everyone elses! Split's gonna' love this!" :lol 

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Granted his model probably consists of only two colors, one for the eyes, and one for everything else, I had said that before. As for moving parts, well I think that could be another reason he was in silhouette sense he basically transformed into Wheeljack which would not look realistic showing that on camera without doing the whole change in black. There was a lot of morph cheating going on there.

This is Prime... there's really nothing there that isn't just an outline anyway. He's got about as much detail as Megatron does... except Megatron has a mouth and at least 3 colors on his model. I'm exaggerating but still these models are not the most detailed things ever.

Well you said "just" photoshop filters and 3D models so you're right. I didn't say that though. All I said was that photoshop filters and 3D models were digital art not that they're the only kinds of digital art.

Except the term "hand painting" refers to the actual use of a paint brush, not a computer. What the frick are they teaching kids in school these days? Yes it can be very much like an actual hand painting, you may have the cheating tools there that you can't get with a physical canvas but that doesn't mean you have to use them. However there are still things you can't do without using computer effects or at the very least spending a $#!* load of time perfecting.

For something that looks like the "paintings" in Prime yes they do unless. The only way you can get that without taking a full year to work on it is threw programs like Photoshop that have cheating tools that do most of the work for you.

And again I have to say, DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I never said there was a singular magic "make pretty picture" button although Photoshop does have a "One Step Photo Fix" button that I never use because it just makes things look like crap. I did however say, as you repeated, that there are effects and filters. So you're arguing with me to prove me wrong by repeating exactly what I said in the first place.

Lets just put it this way, will all the people who think it was made on a computer stop arguing with me and instead argue with the the person who said it was hand painted because he's the one you should be arguing with. There's no point in trying to argue with me because I actually agree with you.

Arguing with me when we have a disagreement is one thing but seriously why the hell are you doing it when we're both saying the same damn thing? And you wander why I think you're all trolling me all the time. Because I suffer from paranoia and you do crap like this.

Back on Topic... why is everyone getting so excited about Shockwave's blaster sound... it's a blaster sound, the difference is minor if it exists at all, blaster sounds are all pretty similar. As long as it doesn't sound like it's shooting bullets when it's shooting lasers why do you care?

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    No, many artists could make a painting like the ones in the flashbacks in a couple hours. Your grasp of the effort required for art is quite in error.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. Just look at say, Knock Out for example. He has a bunch of parts with different colors overlapping each other; and with characters like Bulkhead, they have to animate his leg parts whenever he walks.

But w/e, the point is, it's likely Shockwave is going to show up again because he has a brand new complete model and they didn't explicitly show him die. I think we can both agree on that.

6. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Well im not gonna try and start anything because i don't know anything about it, but you did kind of argue with people for multiple pages about hand paintings versus computer paintings; i could have said what does it matter about who or what made the painting, as long as it looks okay and works in the context of the show?

It's a cool blaster noise, people saw it, and said "hey i dig that" and it was over. It was a small thing that people liked and there's minimal disagreement about it. let's try and keep it that way, we don't have to start fights about every little thing

7. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Um guys, I love you all, but I have to ask. Why are you arguing with him when you all know he wont listen and derail this topic so badly?

Can we please get back on topic? Pretty please?

8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Suuuuure :)  so do you think they'll ever do the other half of the prequel comics in animated form, anyone?

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That I can agree with too....I remember the making of Prime special (the Hasbro one) mentioned how since the toys weren't out yet it would be easier for transformation and animation to put parts all over the place.....

*sigh*

I wish they had thought of the toyline as the show was being made from the start.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm just curious about how many people here are actuall computer animators?

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well to be fair the show was originally not going to have a toy line at all. It wasn't until later that they decided to do so. Yes it would've been different if they worked on the toys and the show at the same time but what's done's been done. At least figures like the RID Vehicon were able to be show accruate in both modes.

12. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, what? The Hub, a (50% owned) Hasbro channel, owned by a toy company, was not going to make toys? When was this even said?

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    How do you have a Transformer show without Transformer toys to go along?

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've heard it a long time ago on TFWiki. Look I was suprised as you guys but they decided to give it a toyline in the end. It should've been planned earlier yes but what's done been done and I'm happy that we still have great figures out of it.

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Just watching it now. It's pretty neat :D 

Poor Bulky is alive, but effectively screwed over, Optimus is doing stuff, Arcee helps Miko with life lessons and flashbacks. Soundwave shows off his manipulative traits again, Starscream is hilarious, Shockwave is cool, Arcee and Cliff bond as partners and it's pretty neat.

Meta777 is pleased :) 

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Misconceptions and urban legends about Transformers - Transformers Wiki

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I wondered that too, but it's been on the wiki for a while. They said they were originally planning to release FE Starscream, Bumblebee, and Arcee in the Generations line.

I personally think it was Hasbro nonsense meant to throw people off.

EDIT: Thanks, Bountyan! Turns out it was just a rumor.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    To be fair, it still feels like they don't give a Rattraps ass about the toyline. I mean, back when Transformations seemed possible, during Animated, skip movies, Cybertron, the toys were much better and actually accurate.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The literally impossible Prime transformations are replicated to a pretty amazing extent with most of the Prime toys. I mean, FE Optimus. Holy shit. RiD Vehicon. Holy shit. Wheeljack, Soundwave, FE Starscream. All fantastic. The accuracy falters at time due to the recent simplification (stop being so simple, RiD Arcee), but aside from that, it's as accurate as a first whack at such complicated designs is detined to be.

20. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, they replicated the designs, but the faux kibble worth it?