Episode 42 "Hurt" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Stardust262, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Hmmm. I see they stopped short of actually killing Bulkhead for PC reasons I guess. Storywise he is essentally gone until they say other wise.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

She's gotten some character development before but it usually resets by the next episode and she's back to being an idiot again. Maybe this time because of the Bulkhead situation it'll actually stick.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kevin Michael Richardson seems to be pretty involved in other projects right now such as Nickelodeon's new Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles and the Animated Green Lantern. I wonder if these contributed to Bulkhead's injury.

But anyway, hopefully he can still find the time to develop Bulkhead. The big guy is a blank slate after all. I think they have the opportunity to have him undergo some changes.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Unless it's in Japan. and unfortunatley accompanied to bad music.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Which is a shame because the Japanese Animated intro kicked serious fucking arse!

I'd rate 'Hurt' as the best episode of the second season, largely because its added an interesting dimension to Miko's character and changed the status quo up a bit by giving Bulkhead a permenant injury (as you'd expect after being shot in the back) provided that they stick with it of course.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hopefully the next opening is actual rock or pop and not garbage.

7. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey! i like that kind of garbage.

aslo- there's a lot of garbage rock/pop songs out there.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I don't think the other projects would conflict with Prime. Green Lantern has been running a long side Prime for some time now and Tania Gunadi, Miko's voice actress, stated in an interview that all the episodes of Prime are recorded months in advance. They've already started recording for season 3 and they aren't even done with season 2 yet. That being said if Bulkhead comes back in season 3 then that would mean Kevin is still recording for the show even while Bulkhead isn't there. Plus I have a feeling that the Nemesis is going to come back online at the end of the season and Kevin also did the voice for Flying Mind. In any case, Bulkhead being out of the show for a while doesn't really reflect anything going on with Kevin's schedule.

9. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Cool episode.

I liked that Arcee was annoyed at Wheeljack for letting Miko get involved. Arcee seems to know revenge can be really dumb, when she is calm and rational she knows its stupid to go rushing into a fight without thinking, but once Airachnid starts antagonizing her she loses her composure. I dont think its a flaw in the writing, I see it as an intentional flaw in her character. She knows its wrong, she knows its more trouble than its worth but her wounds are still a bit too close to the surface for her to just let it go. Shes also never put Jack in harms way for it, that was very clearly shown in Predatory. She is hot headed and will take personal risks when in a heightened state of emotion but she wont put anyone else at risk like she perceived Wheeljack as doing.

They also showed us how dangerous the whole thing was for her during the fight with the Vehicons. Wheeljack didnt make much of an effort to keep her safe, he went in and started taking them out without paying too much attention to where she was or what might happen to her. Hes definitely a good guy, but he can also be pretty careless.

As for Miko killing Hardshell, I had no problem with it. She wasnt involved in the fight, she didnt come up with some great innovation that let her fight a decepticon, she was just in the right place at the right time and pressed a button. It was a good way to let her get a bitter taste of revenge while letting Hardshell go out as a badass. His character was very simple so I dont see it as wasted potential. He was a dedicated warrior and nothing else, we werent going to uncover any hidden depths.

This is also the second time they showed us that going through the groundbridge takes a long time. When Bumblebee went in and took the artifact from Megatron it seemed at odds with all the other episodes when they have just stepped through and appeared on the other side instantly, but I guess this is their way of showing us that they usually just cut the rest of it for our convenience.

10. ShadowGata

ShadowGata Sky Defender

Loved Megatron's reaction at the end.

I had a hard time taking Miko seriously at any point throughout the episode- that is to say, I couldn't.

Heck, that moment when she shows up spontaneously in the Jackhammer and the tense music that made the showdown between Optimus and Dreadwing in Triangulation so friggin epic was just kinda meh at the moment because... it's Miko.

Other than that, the episode was fairly good, and the ending was sad and fitting.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Did Dreadwing get demoted and Knockout get made 2nd in Command last week as Knockout was really laying it on thick like he was 2nd in Command.

Considering Dreadwing Failed to kill Optimus, Failed to get the Apex Armour, and Failed to follow orders - it seems Megatron might be better of with a shiny red ego maniac as second in command than the one he's supposed to have.

Perhaps they just realised Knockout is better than Dreadwing or they are just going to do the same thing they did with Breakdown - which is make one the focus one weak and the other the next... So maybe it's Dreadwing's week for the voice artist to not come into work.

--------

Megatron's reaction to the comment on Miko is much funnier if you remember he only just met her not so long ago during the Unicron events. and she made threats at him - and unlike Jack she's now backed them up with extreme Violence :p 

How long before Miko has a kill rate better than Bumblebee - Laugh.

12. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    No, I think Dreadwing is still SIC (second in command). Knock Out acts too much like a whiny bitch, I doubt he'll ever be Megatron's future superior.

13. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Yeah dreadwing was just being shamed lol. knockout is really outspoken about what he thinks.

14. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

I really enjoyed this episode, and and very pumped for tonights!!!! :) 

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    A thought occurs: Wheeljack has to know that Prime's team are low on Energon and while I understand the idea of spite for spite sake, why didn't he just say say 'Hey Ratchet, open a groundbridge to these coordinates: bring trucks" and continue to Dick Dastardly his way though Megatron's operations?

16. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The Decepticons already knew the location of the mine Wheeljack attacked. Had he told the Autobots to come get it, they might've ended up getting involved in a battle

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    They only knew it went dark after Wheeljack got on the bat-phone to basically give Megatron a verbal trollface.jpg, pretty sure they could have picked the place if not clean, then certainly topped up their own coffers and reserves before blowing it up so the crater resembles a giant cock.

18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Probably, but Wheeljack was more concerned with finding Hardshell than doing so. He wouldn't have, in his eyes, wasted time saving Energon when he still hadn't found him

19. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I thought of this myself. That's one of the things that didn't make sense to me about the episode. Perhaps it was because he was just as focused on revenge as Miko and, like Miko, didn't give a damn about anyone else. Or, just some really bad writing or something.

20. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yay! Glad I'm not the only one that caught the odd little David Bowie reference. :)  Brilliant!