Episode 42 "Hurt" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Stardust262, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

I keep thinking, 'where dd dreadwing go?'

2. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    um your wrong, alot like him, and some people don't like him. I be on other site and generally he's liked more than disliked

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what movie is that from?

4. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally love this Wheeljack, but I will admit that he could have bee named anything else and nothing much would change ('cept maybe his design). I hope in the future he starts to tinker with stuff and has a bit of an engineer in him, but for right now, he does what he's been said to do in the PRIME universe. WRECK SH*T!!

5. WoundSave

News Credits:
    im too lazy right now someone do a poll with more than two options.

I think the episode with Wheeljack, Ratchet and Soundwave was awesome. I liked this one too. Maybe sometime he is a little heavy handed or trope-y, but maybe that's why the writer's have him doing the lone wolf thing. If he was in every episode (or always at the base), His Ronin, badass thing would be in your face too much.

i think his VA is doing a good job, and i hope we will see more of him and ratchet interacting in future episodes.

6. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    this wheeljack more daring than the G1 wheeljack

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He needs to build some weapons made for asskicking. That's all....

8. WoundSave

News Credits:

:lolol 

Wheeljack does have a spaceship that he would presumably have to repair and such, they just havent really shown/hinted it at all (maybe once?). I think he is more of a mechanic by necesity than an inventor/big brain scientist in this iteration. The could still add in some sort of inventors streak, or at least weapons for asskicking. But he wont ever be the cerebral wheeljack from g1 or the IDW comics, which is fine.

Maybe he makes his own grenades as well?

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well technically he hit the grenade box, which was a much larger target than a single grenade.

10. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

which flew through the sky some how

11. WoundSave

News Credits:
    there was a strong updraft.

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    No, he hit a grenade.

13. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:

They haven't actually shown him repairing the ship, but when he first arrived in Con Job and then after the relic hunt with Ratchet, we saw him checking his ship out, so...you're right, he at least has SOME engineering prowess, but he won't be all G1 like others are expecting...or desire.

I was wondering about his grenades too. How many boxes did he have in his ship? The idea of him making them on his own crossed my mind and it would explain a lot and be a nice little explanation for something that wouldn't really need explanation lol. And it'd elaborate on him enough to show he has a side other than 'badass badass badass'

14. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's interesing how observant Miko was during this episode. It was good that she was able to observe which button shot the missiles during the 'blow up the mine scene'. If she hadn't she wouldn't have known what to press, so I've got to hand it to her.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That doesn't make any sense. Either you don't know what that term means or you don't know a damn thing about G1 Wheeljack.

GeeWunners as you call them would HATE Prime Wheeljack. His ears don't glow when he talks, he has a face under his mask, he's not an inventor, there's absolutely zero chance that he'll ever create the Dinobots, and he's a total bad ass Wrecker. What part of that is a GeeWunner suppose to LIKE?

The only people that like him are NOT GeeWunners because a GeeWunner would be constantly complaining about how he's nothing like his G1 counterpart. Everyone else will either hate him for totally unrelated reasons or like him. I'm in the group that like him.

16. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I'm a GeeWunner and I love the new version of Wheeljack. Well, I never liked Megatron turning into a gun Starscream's got to shoot. Or Soundwave turning into a little tiny tape recorder. Ok, maybe I'm not.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstood his post...

18. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

Prime Wheeljack is G1 Springer. That's really all there is to it. And that's fine cuz G1 Springer was a fun, great character. But so was G1 Wheeljack, who was basically a kickass showoff who also just happened to be a brilliant inventor.

I don't hate the Prime new take on Wheeljack but I certainly don't think of him as having anything to do with the G1 character of the same name. But if you painted this new Prime character green and yellow and put some springs in his legs, I'm just sayin....

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No you're not a GeeWunner and no I didn't misunderstand.

You might be a G1 fan but you are not a GeeWunner.

A G1 fan is more reasonable. We like G1 but we're also able to see it's flaws and like other versions of Transformers as well.

A GeeWunner is whiny little troll who hates anything that is different from G1 simply because it is different and for no other reason. They think G1 is perfect and nothing should ever been changed from how it was in the 80's.

The term is actually GeeWhiner because they whine about everything.

It's also possible to not like something that isn't G1 as long as "because it's not G1" isn't your only line of reasoning.

G1 Fan: I don't like Movie Bumblebee because he's totally unrecognizable in robot mode and looks like a pile of broken parts.

GeeWhiner: I don't like Movie Bumblebee because he's not a VW Beetle

The difference? Only the Whiner complains about his vehicle mode. I actually like the Camero but hate everything about his robot mode.

20. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i'm a geewunnner than any of you