Episode 34: Nemesis Prime [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by optimegatron, Apr 2, 2012.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    The only thread other than this one is spam, so here this is.
    What do you think about the latest episode? And how do you think it will affect the upcoming one? This is where to post anything related to Episode 34- Nemesis Prime

2. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we need an Airachnid gif of her winking thanks to this episode!!!

But really, if Nemesis Prime is a MECH creation, then gathering Breakdown's parts will surely explain how they went from -prototype with t-cog- to fully functional bot that can transform and use lasers (hence energon as well). I really expect there to be some small TIME-SKIP between Crossfire and Nemesis Prime, kind of like how there was in ORION PAX 1-2-3, where the skipped around scenes implied it was a while since Prime was gone. This'll justify MECHs completion of their scheme, and give it a believable amount of time to have been done (plus allow them to plan w/e they're planning).

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much like Megatron did when creating the Stunticons to fool the human populace into thinking the Autobots had gone bad, I admire MECH on some level for creating their bot in the likeness of an Autobot to similarly turn the humans against them.

Of course, the one piece of the puzzle that doesn't work for me is the fact that humans en masse aren't supposed to know about Transformers on earth, so perhaps it's MECH trying to turn the government against the Autobots? Seems the most likely culprit and helps explain why (in a later episode) the Autobots are in the hot seat with Fowler and his superiors.

4. Kazuul

Kazuul Active Member

I think in the next episode they'll kill Nemisis Prime and ratchet will get the T-cog, which is Starscream's, and give it back to him. Afterall, Ratchet has already stated that taking a T-cog is something so awful not even Megatron would do it. Ratchet's conscious will compell him to return it. I think my theory is supported by the episode descripton for Aramada.
    The only people who would be gunning specificaly for Megatron's life (besides the autobots, but seeing as Bulkhead is trapped on the nemisis it doesn't appear that the bots are involved) are Starscream and Airachnid, and Starscream aint getting on the Nemisis without flight.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    It's not spam. Is it spam? Didn't mean for it to be spam.

In any case, I love the actual Nemesis design so much. It shows how you can make an evil clone without just painting it black.

6. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think a time gap is going to be nice, to show that it doesn't take a day to build a Transformer.

M.E.C.H turning human authorities against the Bots by making an evil badass version of OP is briliant, and I think that's what M.E.C.H is going for.

This deserves to happen. Although I'd like it better if Starscream tries to infiltrate Autobot HQ and steal it.
    True dat.
    And to be honest, the word spam is as close as I could get to "Not the subject" but no big deal.

7. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

It's good to have Peter Cullen voice Nemesis Prime (considering this is a separate character and not Optimus Prime gone rogue). I hope he would portray this character like he did with Venger (Dungeons and Dragons). I think Cullen can still go more bass than his usual OP portrayal and add some menace into it.

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I think Nemesis Prime's voice will be electronically modulated, since Optimus's is not. From the preview, it sounded deeper and slow, but we've yet to see.

Also, I have never wanted a custom so much as I want First Edition Prime to be repainted into this badass.

9. optimegatron

News Credits:

YESSSSSSSSSSS...
    Someone has to repaint him, and I'd pay my soul for it!

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That just shows what a tired, used-up premise for an episode it it. And, in fact, "villains using a duplicate of the hero to discredit him with the public" was already a tired, used-up premise even back when G1 did it.

I'm really hoping the writers surprise me and do something different with the story.

How brilliant is it? It's been a reused plot on nearly every action cartoon (and a number of live-action shows) going back to the 1960s, if not further. I guess MECH better hope none of the authorities grew up watching any cartoons.

11. Worlder

Worlder Well-Known Member

False flag operations are a real thing.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is it safe to say this can also be a Speculation thread for Nemesis Prime?

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Right. And that doesn't make the idea any newer. That doesn't change the fact that a lot of kids will have seen this scenario played out in a dozen different cartoons prior to this. It doesn't make it any less of a tired cliche in children's programming.

When the writers have a choice between trying something new, or falling back on the same old chestnuts everyone else has been lazily reusing for decades, I have a hard time getting excited when they just fall back on the overused old stuff.

I'm hoping they invent some new twist to spice up and inject some life into this old story. But it's still an old story.

14. optimegatron

News Credits:
    The only other thing one can expect, is M.E.C.H just doing that to wreck havoc. And I guess you'd find that as overused as well.

15. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Go for it.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    If they just wanted to wreck havoc without discrediting the Autobots, they wouldn't have had to make him look like a replica of Optimus, nor announce to everyone that that was who he was. "Hi! My name is Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots and if you don't like my driving, you can call 1-800-EAT-SHIT."

And we already see fallout from this episode in the preview for 'Grill,' which is the episode after that. Guess what? The Autobots are discredited and Fowler is being raked over the coals for it. What a shocker.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

"I will SLAUGHTER them all!"

18. optimegatron

News Credits:
    I think if I watched the preview for Grill I might have known a little more before posting, so point taken. As for the first part, Optimus can be M.E.C.H's project. Maybe that protoype from Operation Bumblebee P2 was the prototype to make NP, but since BB destroyed it (partially), they had to start from scratch. When they found
    Breakdown's
    body, they could (somehow) create Nemesis Prime in a short time, because they already had a TF body to use.
    What I'm saying is, I think OP was the template for Project Chimera, and M.E.C.H created Nemesis from that template, therefore sending him to a military base AS Optimus Prime. So they're basically performing 2 goals in one try.
    Also, spoiler tag your stuff, some people do't wanna see the plot of Grill.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have mixed feelings on this episode, I don't think it will be that good, but we'll see.

20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than for the sake of being different, topical, and/or fomenting discussion.... what makes you feel this way?