Episode 34 Nemesis Prime Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Oberoniss, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Better than him dying and never showing up again. :p  No, seriously. you can bet that if we never heard/saw anything of Breakdown every again, there would be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. As I said earlier, at least they're doing something interesting with his body.

Plus, who knows? Maybe once Silas 'becomes' Breakdown, it could still be Adam Baldwin voicing him? Or both Baldwin and Clancy Brown, similar to Nemesis Prime being Cullen and Clancy Brown. The point is, we know jack-squat about what's actually going to happen for so many things. :) 

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was decapitated and dismembered and his eyes went out. He's just as dead as Cliffjumper. The memory thing could be possible, but only if Breakdown's "Hard drive" or whatever stored those memories even after death, which is certainly a possibility given some of the things Orci and Kurtzman have done on Fringe. It's quite obvious that he is dead though. The Insecticon died when it was decapitated, Breakdown was dismembered and his parts were collected, reassembled and are now just a lifeless corpse.

This reminds me of way back at the beginning of season one when a few people were saying "Oh, Skyquake isn't really dead." for a good week or two after Masters and Students aired.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I'm kinda disappointed about that too as I mentioned in the Crossfire discussion when he died. There's been talk about a con joining the Autobots at some point in the series and Breakdown seemed like the most likely to become an Autobot sense he doesn't seem as ruthless as the other cons. He's shown multiple signs of actually being a nice guy that just got caught on the wrong side of the war. Him and Bulkhead might have been friends if they were both on the same team. I think it's bad righting they killed him off before they really finished that character arch they started him on.

We saw his optic lights go out, he was decapitated, his body was in pieces. If there's still hope for Breakdown then why can't we bring Cliffjumper back to life? What ever happen to in this series when a character dies they stay dead. Wasn't that the tone they set by killing Cliffjumper? Yes it was, Breakdown is dead.

People said Cliffjumper was going to be brought back some how too... myself included... but that was speculation based on Megatron's dialog about Dark Energon being able to raise the dead. Didn't know at the time that meant zombies. Which is the only way Breakdown is ever coming back. I do believe there is still some Dark Energon floating around unless it was all destroyed when Optimus opened the Matrix at the end of season 1.

I am curious if Dark Energon does still exist how Dreadwing will react if zombie Skyquake is ever released from the shadow zone.

I think there's going to be some speculation about returning from the dead every single freaking time a character dies. Now the speculation is M.E.C.H. some how bringing Breakdown back to life when the Cybertronian's themselves aren't even capable of doing that. They may bring back the voice actor if they want Silas to pose as Breakdown while he's running around in his body but I don't think there will be any transference of memory going on.

On yeah while I'm thinking about it. M.E.C.H. built a voice box for their robot. Silas did the talking but there would have to be a system with voice filter and a speaker in the robot to be able to mimic Optimus Prime's voice. As I said before in the other topic, making a voice box for Bumblebee is not that hard, humans have been doing it for like 50 years.

4. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Breakdown's eyes are lit up in Nemesis Prime. It is possible he never died, and he and Silas will be fighting for control of his body.

The whole dead means dead rule, such as it is, only applies when someone is actually dead. Megatron should have died but didn't. Same thing could easily be possible for Breakdown.

And Cybertronians have survived worse in other series. We still don't know what it takes to kill one in Prime. The ones we know have died include:

Cliffjumper, who practically had claws going through his spark casing

Seaspray, who was blown up, which most likely would have destroyed his spark

Skyquake, who had interior organs ripped out

And for bonus points, Megatron had a gaping whole through his torso, and was only kept alive by Dark Energon.

Versus Breakdown who was dismembered. The common fatal injury is internal damage that could affect the spark and interior organs, which from what was shown did not happen to Breakdown.

5. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Dark energon, even if it still exists, is powerless now. It was the blood of Unicron, and when Unicron died you could see its influence fade from Megatron, who was loaded with the stuff. Based on this I'd imagine any of the stuff that's left is just some fancy crystal now.

No, they weren't. When we saw Breakdown's body his head was connected to it, but hanging down lifelessly with no optics glowing.

6. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

There are pictures in this very thread that show otherwise. They're dim, but they are lit up.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't know how anyone can say weather his eyes were lit or not. I didn't even see his head at all. Just his torso with a bunch of wires leading to Silas.

He was torn apart just the same as Cliffjumper was. If Breakdown never died then neither did Cliffjumper. Skyquake suffered less damage and he's dead so that would also have to mean that Skyquake is still alive too.

Breakdown is actually dead.

The thing with Megatron is that we never actually saw him die. We just saw an explosion and then some how his body was found in mostly one piece which is something of a miracle that so far only applies to him and Silas who should also be dead.

Can't apply for Breakdown because we saw his decapitated body when he died. It's been pretty consistent with this series that when they show you the corpse it means it's actually a corpse.

Other series don't really apply to this one. In other series there's always been some magic way to bring dead characters back to life. Also I like how you say we don't know what it takes to kill them and then go on to list exactly how characters have been killed. That's allot of information to have for something we don't know. Doesn't help your argument when you're supplying evidence against your own case. lol

Actually now that I think about. Being that this series has shown us a corpse every time a character died Seaspray and the other Wreckers that were name dropped could still be alive. We never saw a corpse so who knows. Maybe Seaspray was never on his ship when it exploded, maybe he hitched a ride with Dreadwing and hopped off on Earth not knowing there were other Autobots there. Seaspray could already be on Earth without any way to get off or to contact the other Autobots even if he thought they could read his signal. We only saw his ship explode, there's no conformation that he was actually in that ship so the way I see it, Seaspray has a greater chance to still be alive than Breakdown who we actually saw confirmed dead on camera. Why are we arguing about something that we know for a fact actually happened?

I noticed Megatron seems less crazy that he was when Unicron was still alive. That doesn't necessarily mean that Dark Energon is powerless though. That could just mean that Unicron is no longer making him insane. It may still have all of the benefits it had before but without the negative effects it had when Unicron was alive.

Again, I didn't even see his head but I agree he's freaking dead.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Unicron didn't die.

9. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    It hasn't been confirmed either way, but I just assumed he died because, well, his gigantic spark poofed out like a light bulb.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dead Gods can still dream.......

11. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

I would like Soundwave to defect to the Autobots. His knowledge and spying abilities would help, since they are so outnumbered.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Seriously? are we going to debate every single character. Unicron is dead we know this is fact because...

... What he said. No spark = dead end of debate.

Soundwave is the LEAST likely con to defect considering the fact that he's so loyal to Megatron. Maybe if it were Cybertron Soundwave then maybe because he seemed to have his own loyalties that weren't necessarily to Megatron. Maybe even Animated Soundwave sense he was kind of his own entity and not a true Decepticon at all but he still seemed pretty freaking evil.

13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

His head was shown at the end of Nemesis Prime. His eyes (well, eye) are lit up. There if no proof or confirmation his is 100% dead. Until there is 100% proof he is completely dead, he is only mostly dead, like Megatron was.

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

If his head was there it was only under very dim lighting.

There is in fact proof he is 100% dead in the episode where he was killed. You can see his dismembered lifeless body.

When Megatron "died" we never actually saw a corpse. We just saw an explosion which we assumed was unsurvivable but some how threw the magical plot device that is dark energon he did survive and was merely in stasis.

If you want to believe that Breakdown is alive even though all the evidence says he isn't then that means you also have to believe that Cliffjumper and Skyquake are alive sense both of them suffered equal to less sever damage. Hell thanks to dark energon even after their deaths they were still moving around but Breakdown doesn't even have that, he was dismembered with nothing to even make him move. All that's left of him is a corpse that M.E.C.H. salvaged for usable parts. He's freaking dead.

Once you see a dismembered body on the ground that means dead.

Once you see a giant freaking spark vanish that means dead.

The only characters we can really debate are Seaspray and the other Wreckers sense we never actually saw any of them die we were told they were dead but never saw a body just like what happen with Megatron.

Everyone else, is dead. Confirmed, fact, on camera, photographic evidence, dead!

You see this.

[​IMG]

This is called visual conformation of death. In that same scene before the camera pans over to the head you can see the rest of the dismembered body but the head alone should be proof of death.

If the writers magically bring him back to life that means there's hope to bring all the other dead characters back to life and that dead doesn't mean dead like they supposedly claimed in which case I want I all the other dead guys back with more screen time. As it stands going off their stance that dead is dead and that's the end of it then Breakdown is not coming back.

BTW your comment "mostly dead" automatically made me think of Princess Bride.

15. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Dismembered doesn't have to mean dead unless the spark is dead. Simple as that. There is no sign of whether the spark is dead there or not. And Breakdown's head is extremely easy to see at the end of Nemesis Prime. There is no dim lighting involved. And again, his eye is lit.

16. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it's fiction and the writers can bring anyone back at any time.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

If dismembered doesn't mean dead then how was Skyquake killed? He wasn't even damaged that badly. Cliffjumper was also dismembered and that was done to show the audience that when they kill a character they really mean he's freaking dead.

And with Unicron his spark is literally dead, we saw it fade from existence so what's your excuse in thinking he's alive?

And there is dim lighting. There is no light eye. You can't even see his face. He may actually be looking down in any case you can't see his eyes.

Normally yes but the writers of this series wanted to make this series seem more realistic by actually killing characters with no intention of ever bringing them back. That was the whole reason they killed Cliffjumper was to set the mood for the series. If they bring Breakdown back to life then they have to do the same for Cliffjumper sense both characters were killed by dismemberment.

Attached Files:

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think we need to have a little fan-marathon sometime about episodes related to specific topics like all the eps that deal with Arcee's partner Issues, or all the Eps MECH is in.

As the eye thing proves sometimes something months later make you think about something from a long time prior to it.

Oh and I put Unicron under the "Mostly Dead" category but not completely dead beyond any chance or future resurrection in some obscure way - he could for example die in mind in the Prime Universe - coalesce in another Dimension and then travel interdimensionally in a robots body form back to the prime universe to seek revenge on those who "mostly killed" him.

If he was dead-dead then his body might start to rot and depending on how bad that was it could really mess the planet up.

I'd say his body is static *but not dead-dead* and his mind as represented by the glowy spark thing has been "Shattered" - not he was defeated before and came back from it.

Even death isn't death in Transformers as they usually "become one with the matrix" (or rejoin the godhead if you prefer). and can then be resurrected again from that (see Dinobot II and perhaps arguably some version of Optimus Prime).

In Beast Wars & G1 characters can be dismembered and survive it but In prime so far it seems if energon stops flowing or is removed they die -it's an interesting postulate though if a Characters spark was kept feed on a form of life support but the brain module was removed - would they be able to reboot them ?

or is Transformers minds a form of active memory that only works when power is supplied to it and as soon as the power goes they die - I don't think that is the case in an absolute sense though as if it was an EMP weapon or Ion Cannon would immediately kill them. and there would be no Transformers version of being unconscious.

So at this stage I'd say the probability that Breakdown is "dead-dead" is high but it's not impossible he's "mostly-dead" and some remnant remains of him - like the equivalent of "Data Tracks" or ghost memories.

Remember Transformers can have Ghosts of a kind and a Transformer can survive in a feral disembodied state if it's Spark is polarised.

But the problem I see if what is a spark - In Beast Wars it's a soul and some sort of power source related to what a human heart is like and secondary characteristics are contained in both the artificial DNA of the beast mode and in the inorganic computerised subsystems or "Data-Tracks" - and in Beast Machines the mind is in the spark and the body is just a lump of flesh&metal when it leaves it and all of the character is transferred to a new body when they are disembodied.

The question that has always raised with me is if Blackarachnia is a bad girl because she's programmed that way - if she swaps bodies via the spark only method would she still be the same person ? as the data Tracks were what made her a Predacon not her spark.

Yet re-programming must exist in some form in Beast Machines otherwise what is the whole Vehicon generals thing about ?

If you start asking when someone is dead - you also have to ask what makes them alive in the first place !!

19. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    They said that the Matrix would only be able to put Unicron into Stasis. Plus I assume killing Earth's core would cause some problems

20. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i havent seen it myself but it came up in some thread on these boards a week ago that in the commentary of the season 1 blue ray
    they said Unicron wasn't dead and that he will be making a comeback