Episode 33 Crossfire Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Oberoniss, Mar 31, 2012.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Ok, so I mentioned this waaaaaay earlier but it got lost in the shuffle. But I am almost positive the gun Dreadwing picks up to examine clean right when Megatron calls him at the beginning of the episode is a Star Wars E-11 blaster, the kind stormtroopers use. Or at leas very similar in appearance.

E-11 blaster rifle - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

When he took down Prime. So by surprise.

"Hai guys mah name is Bumper I look like Cliffjumper!"

"Nice to meet you Bumper."

"ARCEE, GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

3. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Yea i was backing you up, you're not being judgmental

Yea after a while thats what i thought it was

Dammit ya stole mine -.-

Yea kinda, i just like in movies or tv shows whenever someone goes over their arsenal, it think its really cool

4. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

This basically sums up my thoughts on the episode, and Starscream. Except TFA Screamer, I don't like TFA. Movie Starscream was a fat lump, wasn't he?

5. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hear what you're saying - but we've only had Wheeljack drift in (!), and he's all lone wolf, "problem-with-authority" badass, so i wouldnt necesarily project his demeanor towards Prime on other autobots.

In g1 new characters appeared to drive toy sales, and they didn't necesarily go into everyone's relationship with Prime directly, they just glossed it all over that most Autobots where completely behind Prime 100%.

In TFP- Team Prime is pretty isolated - we dont really know if there are other Autobot outposts (like in IDW or FTA), nor does Prime's crew have a means to communicate beyond Earth's orbit (i assume given their base is largely Earth technology). I would imagine next Autobot we meet will be more receptive to Prime than Wheeljack was. He is the only remaining Prime, and someone like Kup, Hot Rod, or Ultra Magnus would be pretty reverent of Optimus.

6. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Ow, don't look down at the fattie!

7. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I also hated playing as him in Tf the game, becuase he was so slow compare dto most of the other decepticons in robot mode. He was faster jumping.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Listening to the podcast.

Apparently there's a rumor going around that the Insecticon killed Breakdown. I don't know what this is based on but it wasn't even in that scene. Airachnid did it.

Also they said Breakdown admitted to having a crush on Airachid in an earlier episode and I do not remember that at all. What episode is that from?

Also I did not see the Breakdown memorial topic so I did not get spoiled to this happening.

What will Knock Out's reaction be to Breakdown's death?

I think that's it because the rest is next episode speculation.

9. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Where was Wheeljack? Thought he joined up with the Earth gang?

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    He's more like Tigatron from Beast Wars. On Earth, but doing his own thing until he is needed.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When did this happen? I've been re-watching select episodes from season one, but I can't recall when this took place. Would you mind supplying the episode's name when this took place? I do, however, remember his bout with Optimus in TMI--Knockout was way out of his league when battling Optimus.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Episode Ten: Deus Ex Machina. Specifically, the episode Knock-Out and Breakdown were introduced.

After stopping the latter's missile, Optimus was struck in the throat by Knock-Out's prod and brought down. He did, however, eventually get back at the car by back-handing him when he tried to down him again :) 

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, okay. Thanks for that:D 

I guess a lucky shot is the only Knock Out or anyone like Knock Out will ever take Optimus down. I don't see him doing the deed any other way on his own. He's too worried about himself getting a scratch than landing a punch. He's like the Decepticon's version of Sunstreaker.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He was actually quite built for a snivelling fiend, but he was always hunched way over so it wasn't noticable.

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

No problem :D 

Knock-Out does possess formidable weapons; buzzsaws, drills, sharp claws and the electric prod. But he just doesn't really have the skill or zeal to put them to use in matching the more combat-effective characters. This is pretty much why he hangs out with Breakdown; while the big lug is wrecking stuff, Knock-Out can jab in a crippling blow while the foe (like poor Optimus) is distracted.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Yeah, a couple people have stated that they think the Insecticon killed Breakdown. I don't know how they came to that conclusion. Airachnid traps him, he realizes he's doomed, *insert dramatic close-up of her lifting her razor sharp talon and slicing at the "camera" (meant to basically be Breakdown's POV). I mean, I guess that off-screen the Insecticon could've done the heavy damaged with Airachnid only inflicting the initial blow, but they why bother showing Airachnid's first hit then, right?
    2.) Episode 22 "Stronger, Faster": "Yeah, she's kinda domineering and the extra arms are weird, but... I find myself intrigued by her." Take that as you will.
    3.) We don't really know what his reaction will be. For all we know, nothing will be shown. Or maybe he'll be so nonchalant about it. Or maybe he'll be enraged, who knows?

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This may be a little OT, but I always read that as him being designed as the badass commander for movie 1 (you know, before they dig up Megatron) and then being slightly re-thought for the second two movies.

As far as Knock Out's reaction, I'm not expecting that much. Knock Out is Not A Nice Person. The most I'm expecting is a few angry verbal swipes at Airachnid.

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm not expecting a damn thing because "DECEPTICONS ARE EEEEEEEEEEVIL!"

19. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Me neither. After Operation Breakdown, I read Knockout as an opportunistic peacock who was only using Breakdown for his brawn. He didn't exactly go looking for his supposed buddy, remember?

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knockout may not mourn him, but he will probably be in trouble, it's hard to be so sassy when you don't have your big blue bodyguard around.