Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Sparkykandy

Sparkykandy Well-Known Member

Feeling lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste what I've said on another board:

Well, Starscream is now on his own. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I wonder if he's still going to continue being the butt monkey of the series or if he's suddenly going to become a lot more competent.

Anyways, I'm disappointed that the Immobilizer ended up becoming the nth ancient Decepticon device to fall into Autobot hands. Would be nice if the Decepticons started winning every once in a while. Would definitely make them more menacing villains.

Well, it was nice to see Soundwave again. I wonder if he's ever going to start actually doing something because it feels that he's just there for now.

Last, it felt kind of nice but kind of weird that no humans showed up. I wonder if all the kids were at school, and June was at work when the events of this episode were happening.

2. OutlawReese

OutlawReese Sarcastic Jedi

While I don't mind the children, it was nice to have an episode without them. Though I am still waiting on the Optimus/Bee/Ratchet/Raf centric episodes to make-up for the two "main pairings" that have been in the spotlight. Variety is the spice of life, and we were getting a bit stale for a moment

Starscream...Steve Blum...together...and this episode..it was like I was coming home, biblically. The characterization in this episode firmly cemented this Screamer as my favorite.

Arcee, definitely the best written female character next to Sari (Animated), but I think I am alone in getting a bit tired her being the focus of a good portion of the episodes so far. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and her vengeance for partner loss is getting up there too. But if she overcomes this in later episodes I will have no further issues.

This was definitely one of the best episodes IMHO.

3. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Well-Known Member

So good.

Man this Starscream and Blum, sooooo perfect. I really hope he gets some time to shine now like at the beginning where he was deadly now that he's been the butt for a while at Megatron's expense, and his starting his own faction thing really leads to an even more awesome Starscream and doesn't just end up a dead end where he's a minor threat that feels like the writers ran out of ideas waiting to be killed off, this Starscream's way too good for that. Also, he needs some recruits as he's the most fun to watch interacting with others (not that you couldn't watch a whole episode of him talking to himself :) )

Agreed, Arcee has been fantastically written, and Miko and Bulkhead has grown nicely, so I'd love to see some more growth/focus from Optimus, Rachet, Bee and Raf so they can get some of that writer love too.

4. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Is it just me or did the animation seem a bit worse in this episode? The first thing that I noticed was that arcee looked different. Probably just the youtube quality that I have to watch them in :lol 
    Edit: yeah just re-watched the episode in 720p and was much better.
    Awesome episode, but I was kinda hoping that Starscream would actually join the Autobots and then steal the immobiliser and bring it back to Megatron, like in Armada.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do you think people hate human characters so much? I don't understand it myself, as they've always been present in Transformers. Spike, Sparkplug, Chip, Carly, Dr. Archaville and a bunch of other characters I cannot remember for the life of me. Heck, even Beast Wars had human characters.

The children we see today are nowhere near as annoying as Spike was, IMHO.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean the Starscream who joined the autobots then returned to the cons, only to continue helping the autobots in secret. Then finally challenging Galvatron into a fight to convince him to surrender leadership to Optimus Prime. The Starscream who succeeds in uniting both factions against Unicron at the cost of his life?

That Starscream was an epic character, the Severus Snape of Transformers.

This Starscream still has a long way to go. I hope he doesn't die though.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think Prime Starscream will be the most Twisted version yet,

8. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

wait what Severus? *Haven't seen HP 7 pt2 yet!*

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You haven't read the book? Its been out quite a while. I assumed it was common knowledge.

Severus Snape is the best Harry Potter character, imo!

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    This was awesome,only just watched it. I like the idea of Nomad Starscream, and Airachnid as second in command gives us a new dynamic. No kids, which was surprising, they could have been perfect witnesses to stop Arcee delivering the killer blow.
    Starscream was perfect throughout.

Best episode yet I felt.

Anyone else noticed Airachnid has Deadpool logos for shoulder joints?

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I would jizz myself if STEREOTYPICAL ROBOT SCIENTIST PERCEPTOR showed up! But I also like Raf. :) 

I think that's exactly why people hate them...there have been so many annoying or unlikeable humans in the past. We got burned over and over, so now a lot of people are suspicious of human characters. I used to HATE the human presence in TF stories, but the last few series have had some decent squishies and I've warmed up to the idea.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I think the main reason why this has been the best Ep in a while, is because there were no kids in the entire episode

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    We need more episodes like that.....not because i dislike them but we've set a lot Miko and Jack recently, and Raf is well a dull charecter. I blame the fact they paired him up with Bumblebee since he can't talk, all he is the translator and the techead, doesn't contributes charecter-wise.

14. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    There where so many good parts to this episode. I watched the ending (with Starscream's voice-over) 5 times, at least.

15. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why would someone post spoilers to other media in these forums, what an absolute ludacrious thing to do, I can't name what it is really due to "trolling" rules on these boards but that's twice now in these prime threads these people have put spoilers in, someone else put a dotm spoiler into a tf prime thread and now a harry potter one, why has the comment not been removed or been given a warning about spoilers? Such inconsistencies.

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Has anyone noticed the TFs of Prime like to talk to themselves? First Starscream, now Arcee.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers have been talking to themselves since Marvel g1. Sometimes talking to themselves about themselves.

but Arcee was talking to Cliffjumper, it's kinda different really.

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Not exactly Cliffjumper. His body was incinerated by an explosion. Well, if Starscream taught us anything, it's that Transforners can be ghosts. So that's a possibility.

Not for Screamer, though.

19. triune3n1

triune3n1 Die-cast/plastic addict

Originally Posted by Shockwave9241 View Post
    I had heard that there might be a chance in the 21st episode that wheeljack returns to earth.

Quite right! According to IMDB Episode 21 is about Sierra sneaking inside Bulkhead and finding Jack in the Autobot base. Doubt very seriously that Wheeljack comes back to help Bulkhead outta this one. Would be nice though to have WJ back. But, I did hear a while ago that Wheeljack would be a returning character at some point though.

20. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    That's your clue that it's fake.