Episode 17 - Crisscross Discussion!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 25, 2011.

1. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I really liked this episode, especially the ending! The way it was so similar to Jack and Miko's original entrance into Autobot HQ (including the music), I actually started to get happy tears in my eyes!

But one thing I'm wondering about June: She seems to be rather accepting of her son's involvement,...but what is she gonna think of Raf and Miko's knowledge of the Transformers?

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    She never nagged Jack. She was being a concerned mother and was well within her rights to act the way she did. Just because we know more than she does about the situation doesn't make her an idiot and a nag.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    The thing is we knew Jacks mom would be coming back. A) She has a model and a voice actress. B) That voice actress was(will be?) at a con panel. That says her brief introduction in the 5 parter wasn't the only time we'd see her.

And there are only so many times you can do the whole hidden life from the parents thing in a show. This episode did it and ended in a good fashion. Now Jack doesn't have to lie to her about his life.

But I highly doubt she'll be in more than a handful of episodes. I may be wrong, but she would thematically play a similar role to Jack, ie the responsible one. So she isn't needed as a core cast member. A peripheral character yes but not a main one.

Plus we've got a good number of bots. While there is a definite human presence in the series there is no doubt this is a show about the Transformers.

4. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Considering the amount of personal freedom June gives Jack, I hardly consider her a nagger. Yeah, she berated Jack at the start of this episode, but only because of all the "problems" his school and work have noted. Any single parent who loves and worries about her kid is going to be concerned, and they're going to talk to their kid about it. Considering she was cool with the whole thing at the end and went with him to meet the bots, I'm pretty sure she's not going to be consistently nagging at everyone.

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went without Transformers after G1 fine, the Armada Triology as well. I can survive LOL. Just wish Transformers fiction on TV would focus on the bots and cons with a few humans.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well, by your flawed logic, so do a great deal of children and posters on these boards who don't want to see someone's mother and/or father in a kid's show. At least in G1, it made some sense being that the Autobots and Decepticons discovered Spike and Sparkplug on an oil rig though what the hell is a 16-year-old kid doing working with his dad on a rig? Do they even allow kids that young to work on something so potentially dangerous? Yeah, there's a strong possibility that June would have discovered the bots eventually. But did she have to discover them so soon? Couldn't they have waited a season or two?

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    ...Again, you're going to jump ship over the addition of another human character who knows about the Transformers? To be honest, I actually think this opens up new and interesting story ideas.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Skip, Spike, Carly-3 kids. Sparkplug-1 Adult, a parent. Sound familiar?

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

We'll see. What again is the point in having her know about the bots and becoming a regular? Aren't the three human teens and Fowler more than enough?

10. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

There's only so long you can keep a group of giant alien robots a secret from your concerned single mother.

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Still focused on the Transformers. And it's Chip not Skip. And were the 3 kids in all the episodes together every week. No.

12. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yet Raf's parents and Miko's host ones will forever remain oblivious to them?

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    We have the three main kids, the government agent, the terrorist leader, and one of the kids' mom. That's 6 so far. Let's compare to other shows?

G1: Spike, Sparkplug, Dr. Arkeville, Chip, Carly, the Carbomya President, and pretty much a secondary human protagonist/antagonist for every other episode.

Armada: Rad, Carlos, Alexis, Billy, Fred, and their parents who showed up occasionally.

Energon: Rad, Dr. Jones, Kicker, Sally, Miranda, Carlos, Alexis, Misha, and other secondaries.

Cybertron: Coby, Bud, Lori, Dr. Suzuki, Colonel Franklin, Tim, and other secondaries.

Animated: Sari (kinda), Isaac Sumdac, Fanzone, Angry Archer, Henry Masterson, Porter C. Powell, Professor Princess, Slo-Mo, Nanosec, Meltdown, Colossus Rhodes, Master Disaster, Mayor Edsel, etc.

Seriously, this is hardly anything new in the Transformers cartoon. You're really jumping the gun by totally calling it just after halfway through the first season.

The only regular human character that hasn't been useful is Miko, but everyone knows that. Whether or not the character is interesting or not is more up to opinion than anything else.

First off, we don't even know if she's going to become a full regular. Secondly, it makes complete sense for her to become aware of the Autobots' existance, considering one practically lives in her garage.

Again, we don't even know if she will be paired with anyone. And Fowler pairing with Optimus? Please. He's been in the show long enough that any significant pairing would have happened already.

lolwut? That made little to no sense. How did the parents work in the movies? They were a chief complaint for the most part. Plus, June is anything but Ron and Judy. She's not ridiculously embarassing nor extremely oblivious to what's going on. So far she's a believable and pretty decent character. Again, you're really jumping the gun here.

If you're going to totally bail out on the show just because the human count reaches 6 halfway through Season 1 and "OH NOEZ Y R DEES HOOMANS IN MAH TRANSFORMERS SHOW ITS SUPPOZED 2 B ABOUT TEH ROBITS!!!!", then good for you. It's a ridiculously stupid argument and hardly something that ruins the show in any way. Just suck it up and enjoy the perfectly good show that is being made.

I apologize for the rant.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what EXACTLY would making it happen later change?

Jack has been away from home without his mother knowing anything for 16 episodes now, it was about time SOMETHING happened. In special, it was about time one of the villains realized they could use parents/indentity to trap the autobots.

15. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Who knows? That's the main point of why we're arguing with you. You seem to hate the idea more than the event. None of us know how things will play out.

Three main humans and two recurring ones doesn't sound that bad to me. I don't know why it does to you.

16. Explosion_Rex

Explosion_Rex Well-Known Member

The optimistic side of me hopes that Jack's mom will be around to actually stop the kids from going on adventures with the Autobots so we can get back to giant robots beating the crap out of each other. The realistic side of me knows she'll be around as yet another annoying pointless human character that will take away time that could be spent on Transfomers. Also, Megatron really needs to do something extremely badass in the next couple episodes. Why did they even resurrect him if he's just gonna stand around in his ship and look at monitors?

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    So he can start his big plan for the season finale.

18. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Fowler should be the only human in a bunch of episodes since he works for the government and are keeping tabs on the Transformers. Next up should be Jack. Silas is being used fine. Hope you guys continue to enjoy the show. I'll just stick other forms of Transformers merchandise until a new show or comic series comes along.

19. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

Neither of them really seem to care about Raf or Miko as long as they're at home or at school when they're supposed to be.
    And considering what I remember Raf saying about his family, no one really notices him so...yeah.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well, hell, by your logic, let's just have Raf's giant family and Miko's annoying host one discover the Autobots too because it's stupid that they can remain oblivious to the bots forever as well. Hell, let's just invite Raf's giant family over to the Autobot base so they can party party party there!