Episode 16 - "Operation: Breakdown" Discussion!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Thilda, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dialogue could've reflected this. Prime could've said something like, "We must complete our mission first, then rescue BB." Even if they believed he'd be dead by that point, recovering their own should be a priority.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    At least when TFA Megatron layed low it was for a reason. He was a head in S1, but still functional and still trying to make a new body. (not stuck in a coma) In S2 he knew he was out numbered by the Autobots and humans yet still worked to build a spacebridge to head to Cybertron. (not just standing in front of a computer monitor with a massive army accomplishing nothing without even having a plan)

He said "Bumblebee is a brave soldier, this is what he would want." Optimus isnt a sap, and it was clear that they couldn't rescue Bumblebee without confronting the humans, which in those numbers would certainly result in human casulaties. The last thing they needed is the human race and the Decepticons against them.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's been two freaking episodes since he's been back. Give it time, jeez.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look, he was in coma for 10 episodes ok? He got ALOT of Formspring questions to answer! :p 

On a more serious note, I'm starting to think that the writers are afraid of using Megatron in field because good guys have to win and they don't want him to look like a chump (which is why Starscream shows up instead when he needs to get his ass kicked) , either that, or Frank Welker is too expensive, because they're leaving him out WAAAY too much.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Two episodes is a long time to literally be standing around. He never even said "I have work to do" or anything to imply he wasn't just staring at computer screens. This is not some secondary character, this is Megatron. He is the main antagonist.

:lol 

6. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

Yeah, from what I've heard, if you're Japanese and you fail, you die.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, but you know what, the writers so did not even think of that. She's just an instigator for the sake of being an instigator.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Bulkhead is japanese?

Also

[​IMG]

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    About Megatron. Starscream talked about their plans.

He's up to something, but we probably won't find out until the season finale.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Mech is a far better villain than the Marvel/DC rejects from Animated. At least they show a degree of competence and organization.

And to be fair, Animated Megatron didn´t do much. It was evident he could have gone and trashed the Autobots easily, yet he also stuck on his hideout.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Did you seriously just compare MECH to the likes of Angry Archer and Prof Princess? You do realise those guys, with the exception of Meltdown who was a credible and genuine danger, were just local colour. They weren't actual villains, they were seldom-used comedy relief.

That's like comparing Waspinator to Overlord.

Except manipulating a huamn to restore him, kill Starscream, beat the everloving shit out of the Autobots, steal the Allspark, AND kidnapped the aformentioned human to build a new spacebridge.

It was, which left a lingering feeling of dread and the possibility of retaliation, he was just busy with the spacebridge and commanding the Decepticon forces still left around the galaxy. However the difference here is that this Megatron is not as powerful and isn't doing anything.

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Sense of dread? For me it gave the feeling that "we have no idea of what to do in this season and we wrote a villain too ovepowered, so let us force him to sit all days so his completely useless goons can fail at combat and then force the plot devic- i mean CONSTRUCTICONS to finally procceed with his plan in one single episode."

He wasn't busy, he was literally... sitting there, when Swindle contacts him in SUV, what was Megatron doing? He was staring at the air, not even a computer screen, the AIR. (personally I like to think that he was looking for a mosquito), and we know he had contact with Shockwave so it's not like he couldn't request for back-up / constructicon robots instead of ordering his Big guy joke and Crazy guy joke to fail at the job, heck, Shockwave is the head of INTEL, why didn't he just ask for some space bridge specs from him instead of telling Sumdac to engineer it?

TFA Megatron was a great villain as a head, but Season 2 and Season 3 were snorefests for him, specially 3 where he disappears until it's time for him to lose in season finale, because y'know, what we were super excited to see last season was a joke two-parter and a whole tale about how dumb the Construticons can be again.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For the characters I mean. None of the Autobots in Prime seem terribly bugged Megs is back.

And in response to the rest of your post: He's still done a hell of a lot more than TFPrime Megatron so far by simply having a plan.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Megatron has a plan. We just don't know it yet but Starscream makes it clear he's got something in mind. There are ten episodes left in the season, they've got more than enough time to show him being all sinister and schemey.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

To be fair, it's only been 2 episodes since Meg has getten back on his feet. I'm sure we'll see him in action soon enough.

16. PrimusPro

PrimusPro Autobot Scout

I LOVED THIS EPISODE,it shows that Prime is not just a kids show.Butthere is one character i want to be in here......[​IMG]

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I must say MECH was very savvy in their tactics. Wait for a Bot and Con to beat each other. Take the weakened victor as spoils. Set up a trap for would be rescuers. Have backups for all the data learned.

But really Autobots may really need some Human professional help on their side to even the odds. MECH proven far more dangerous than thought.

18. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love, love, love this episode. The best part was the whole abandoned city backdrop, but MECH was pretty frightening too. I hope to see more come future, and there are hints of a deeper development brewing.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    The human professional help would have to be Fowler and whatever government agencies he could muster.

20. Nightslyr

Nightslyr Active Member

One of the better episodes this season. I like that they're putting in a few seeds for future storylines/the season finale - MECH's ability, Breakdown's loyalty, Starscream vs. Megatron (again).

It doesn't hurt that the episode was focused on only a handful of characters, only one of which was human.