Episode 14 - Out of His Head - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, May 7, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

They do nothing but sit in their base/ship every episode.

2. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, ratchet is a base guarder, and starscream is a sit at the throne guy. but its totally in character. ratchet, basically finding everyone else incompetent, takes it upon himself to ensure that everything, technological or otherwise, operates smoothly in the base. not to mention, should a medic be hurt in the line of fire, there's nothing that can be done for himself or the crew. you'll notice that the only times rathcet has left the base was when he was the only one available (Darkness Rising, Out of his head), or the mission didn't seem threatening ("sick mind"). starscream's staying in the ship is somewhat in character as well. him, being the somewhat cowardly character he is, would rather send drones or other decepticons out to observe the battle from a safe distance. while i do often find that these two characters could get out more, i never feel like they are uninterseting.

3. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed. this plan, in particular, reminded me of "masquerade", which i had watched just this morning. i think it was wild rider and breakdown who had to steal giant lenses from like...an ophthalmologist or something :D  . oh g1

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    My 2nd viewing..a few more nice and not so nice moments...

Ratchet tells Optimus not to do anything strenuous..yeah right :wink: 

A little G1 homage..basketball game human/Cybertronian style :thumb 

Hope Starscream enjoyed his last cocky moment over Megatron--believing he would become the Once and Future Lord..

Ratchet got to say his tag line "I needed that" :lol  Ratchet's moment with Raf was very touching...liked that he also believed that Raf needed to come along and be with Bee.
    He's become a bit of a softy with the children, at least those episodes where some of the focus is on Ratchet.
    MegaBee beating the crap out of Ratchet..ouchies.

Raf's admission that he can understand Bee, but doesn't know why??? No answer yet!!

:lol  Starscream had his "A Team" moment, when he says "I love when a plan comes together"

Arcee's "freezing their spark plugs off" line :D  Thankfully this time it was more of a summer time moment, thanks to Screams and Co.

As for the fight sequence....
    Thankfully Bulkhead is a much better fighter in bot mode..:thumb 
    Instead of her blades, Arcee would have been better served to use her guns/lasers when facing Breakdown. Her ninja spinning gave Breakdown too much time to anticipate her moves.

Optimus rushing toward Starscream with the lens broiling Prime till he glowed..Prime gotta a little steamed :D 

Megatron does have some perfect timing when he wants to offline Starscreeeaaaammm. Thankfully Starscream never got a chance to release his weapon on Prime.. Also noticed that Megatron doesn't seem as neon purple as the first time he had the Dark Energon coursing thru his veins. Seems to have his more normal purple/bluish and silver colors this go 'round. In DR pt 3 his eyes were also neon purple instead of red..a smaller shard maybe or the DE has lost some of his intensity with use and time?

Guess Jack and Miko had to bridge all the bots home as Ratchet wasn't there to take care of it this time.
    IMHO, just an awesome episode..must watch again. :popcorn 

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  5. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

For some reason, the purple on Megatrom really jumped out at me this episode, more so than the other times we've seen him. I think it has to do with the fact that when he first stabbed himself with the Dark Energon I took most of his purple tint as light reflection from the shard and not really coloring on his paneling. Not saying it looks bad, but I had a moment like huh, didn't realize you had so many purple accents Megs.

Also I think Arcee gets the line award for this episode with her snarky comment:"Luckily for us Megatron was still alive...yeah I said that"

Anyone else feel as though the fight sequences--specifically Arcee's ninja jump and Optimus' epic flying leap--had an almost anime feel to them? Super-stylized fighting style?

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Quite good. This series continues to enrapture me. There isn't an episode yet that I would skip watching. Animated had ones that I just didn't care about, mostly the ones that had their super villains, that I would skip were I to watch the series again. None so far with Prime.

Yeah taking a second to think over that statement makes me realize just how much I am loving this series. I can't wait to see what future seasons will do, let alone the rest of this one.

In this one, I'm really glad they acknowledged Raf having the unusual ability to understand R2-Bee2 and even questioned it. If you don't remember Raf said something to the effect of, "I don't know why I can understand him." This makes me think there is something more to it than him being "a character for kids to relate with with a super awesome buddy!!ZOMG!!!". My mind is now theorizing of protoform children or something. I have hope that he isn't an ordinary SUPERkid that he seemed.

With the preview I suspect Megatron will use Dark Energon as a means to control Starscream. Perhaps making him addicted to it; perhaps fully killing and reviving him; perhpas just infusing it with his living chassis. I don't expect this is a turn of events Starscream wished for but it seems it is something he likes afterwards. Or perhaps this is still the alternate reality episode and here it was Screamer who took the plunge.

Again it would have had more emotional impact if R2-Bee2 could have spoken at the end. It got the point across decently enough but still... What could have been.

The lack of Soundwave made me sadface as well. I would have liked to see him kneel before his master.

I also thing Knockout should have had some Red Shirt back up but oh well. I mean they were right outside the Decepticon base. What there they doing in there? Was it a Cybertronian holiday so they had the day off? I now see them sitting in the hold playing cards laughing about the battle outside.

Anyone else think it's a bad idea to play a game where you throw a ball the size of a motor cycle made metal around where there are humans, especially children, nearby? Maybe it's because I know basic physics but that ball has a huge amount of force were it to hit them. It would be extremely dangerous. Then again I'm probably over thinking a television show.

7. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great episode.

8. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    True, that could happen, and might, but I would like to believe that this Megatron wouldn't be as likely to give DE to Starscream, which could in turn give Starscream an edge in a very likely duel to the death. Of course, Megatron could go the all is fair and noble way and give SS the DE, but I really feel it would be more intense to have a crazed SS to infuse himself and try to take out everybot who he feels has interfered with his rise to the Decepticon Throne. :2c: 

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  9. Epsilon

Are we thinking an almost Sari Sumdac situation? Hmmmmm......

As for the lobbing massive metal ball around with small, easy to step on children around, oh yeah, completely bad idea, lol. Though I guess R2Bee2 and Bulkhead are just really confident in their catching ability? I'm surprised Ratchet or Optimus haven't called them on it in a mild "you-probably-shouldn't-do-that-with-easy-to-step-on-children-who have-a -tendency-to-get-underfoot-around..." lecture. At least they seem to try and put Raf, Miko and Jack up on ledges that are somewhat out of their direct line of fire.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That was an awesome episode with great character moments like the Ratchet and Raf scene along with great action. Megatron's back! I think since he's kind of low on troops, he'll keep his snively second in command for a while until a loyal Dragon replaces him down the road.

The only gripes were Bumblbeeping, Raf not wearing winter gear in the Arctic scene, and the G1-esque plot Screamer was doing to get Dark Energon.

11. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, the whole Arcee/Bulkhead vs Breakdown fight had a massively anime feel to it. Especially with Bulk and Breakdowns' brofist causing a massive split in the ice.

On a side note, I love how Knock Out's plan to deal with any possible situation is to simply send Breakdown at it.

12. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    I've edited my post to be more clear, but in short I meant the "neon" glow that Megatron had in the Darkness Rising episodes, pt 3. His eyes, Con insignia and in places around his armor all had the neon purple glow, now in this episode he has his red eyes, his con insignia and body armor are the usual con purple. :thumb 

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I wonder whats going to happen to Knockout...

14. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Probably because he didn't just stick the shard into his chest, it actually "melted" this time and healed his giant gaping chest hole in about 2 seconds, so instead of giving him powers, he used it up in order to restore his body to at least normal working order.

15. Epsilon

Ah, I understand what you mean now :)  Yeah, it does seem as though Meg's has gone back to his 'normal' state. I wonder then, did the rest of the Dark Energon's effects wear off of him? Perhaps it got used up in his resurrection?

Unrelated note; rewatching again made me release this is a real face grabbing episode, lol. Before 'screamer tosses Frank/Moe the Eradicon from the lens he grabs Knockout by his face, and then at the end we have Meg's face grab on 'Screamer, lol. Just saying :2c: 

Edit: Lol, sorry Jive Guru, didn't realize you just said the same thing in your post; namely that the DE does all get used up to heal Megs!

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Definitely another really good episode. Wrapped things up nicely from Sick Mind. Was nice to hear Megatron call Bee by name for once. I found it interesting that Megs was able to use his own voice for that line. Makes me think Bee's voice issue isn't a physical ailment.

Only issue with the episode, imho anyways, was Prime's jump. Though that's not a major issue in the end.

I'm curious as to what Megatron has planned for Starscream. I don't imagine he'll kill him, but there's definitely something nasty in the works.

Already looking forward to next weeks episode. Given what we already know about the episode, I'm not sure what part that clip will be from.

17. moreprimeland

News Credits:

That's the theory I'm going with..the strongest effects of the DE have a "wear time" ..of course, it should be interesting to see if that stays true in the next episode..especially as it looked like Starscream might either be infused by Megs or infuse himself with DE to fight Megs..and maybe Prime too. :eek: 

:lol  You're right..these Cons like to "skull-crunch" each other, don't they??

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    it was the left over crystal from reviving the Terrorcons, its bound to have less energy, thus less negative side effects

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I kind of took that moment to mean that we're seeing that shot from Raf's POV, where he can translate the beeping himself.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

series keeps getting better and better, and it is nice to see bee and raf get to do something important for once :) 

now let's just see prime do something :lol