Episode 14 - Out of His Head - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, May 7, 2011.

1. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Wow, Starscream was prancing around like a Disney villain at the beginning.

EDIT: A-Team reference. Awwww yeah!

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Oh, I thought you meant the new shard inside of Megs.

3. jazzmasta32

Just finished. That was a god damn good episode.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That was an awesome episode. Megatron's return was great, and every second he and Starscream shared was brilliant. Ratchet was great this episode, and Optimus was fucking badass when he took out the lens. There were a lot of great character moments, like Starscream's big flamboyant display. I wonder if he dances around all the time when he thinks nobody's around?

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

This... show...is just the best thing ever.

6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet left the Base :jawdropper: 

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was kinda creepy. I just expected him to start singing 'Hellfire' while prancing around.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The left the base last episode.

Welker's Megatron was hit and miss for me. I like it a lot a lot when he's talking slowly and calmly, but when he raises his voice it sounds to course. I just imagine his face wincing when he gets shouty, like last ep when he asked Bumblebee why was he inside Megatron's head. However this episdoe he was damn good all around. He sounds like a wraith.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That was a pretty good episode. Will be interesting to see what happens with Starscream. Speaking of Starscream, probably my favorite scene in this episode was when he was gloating around Megatron's body. The voice work and facial animation were both brilliant. Only real negative for me is that I'm still not liking Raf and Miko that much.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Ugh, Optimus still fights like a pansy

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron owning Starscream was priceless.

12. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if Raf ever got that snowball ?

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

They handeled the Ep in a interesting way. the ep was not their best but managed to seem great of Megs return.
    There was a lot of waisted chances too see boring characters like Scream and Ratchet get some action. I thought 4 a sec that Ratchet would gets ome action till I remembered Bee would revive Megs so Retchet would fail. He seemed to be quite pathetic against MegaBee. Also I thought Scream was ganna fight Prime but insted turned the Lens Thing on him.
    but the suckyness of the ep was overcome by the tension of waiting fo Megs to return and wondering how they would play it out. The awesomeness of Megatron at the end was great and how he fought Scream and the way we do not see what happens but we do see him drag Scream by the head, back into the ship was so awesome. Also there was good character development for rafe.

14. jazzmasta32

Defying physics and flying into the air, then driving straight into a million-degree laserbeam and finally causing a fucking atomic explosion and STILL coming through with hardly a scratch makes Optimus a pansy?

Jesus Christ, I'd say that makes him a fucking badass.

EDIT: ^ Ratchet and Starscream are boring characters? Are you sure you're watching the right show? They're two of the best in my book.

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

OMG you'r right that huge explosion sorta damaged Prime.

16. Skymoonstar

Skymoonstar New Member

Another thing that could happen is Megatron killing Starscream then shoving the Dark Energon into him. Looking back at the zombies, they were already dead and then were infused with Dark Energon which allowed Megs to control them. So if he did the same with Starscream... well I hope you see where I'm going with this.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I really liked the episode - I was positively cringing when Megatron skull-dragged Starscream away to face his fate (my daughter was trying to reassure me, she knows I love Starscream lol).

The only part I questioned was how they ALL got back to Nevada from the Arctic - I suppose Jack or Miko activated the bridge? Best not to ask such questions I think :D 

I'm really enjoying Welker's new Megatron.

Also wondering if Knockout will face some sort of repercussion for backing Starscream (you know Soundwave will dime him out), or if he's enough of an opportunist to get away with his finish intact?

18. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

Optimus. For. The. Win!!!!!!!!!! And love for Ratchet and 'Screamer, two equally awesome characters!!!!!!!

Really enjoyed this episode (which seems to also be known as the "Ratchet-Left-The-Base-Episode :p ) For sure got a few giggles at seeing Ratchet give Optimus an eye test (but glad his face is all back to normal! No more Cosmic Rust!...I mean..Cybonic plague? ;)  )

More Ratchet love, his idiosyncrasies and good natured grumpiness/ impatience. Particularly with Raf when he is trying to explain to Ratchet how/why he and Bee have their connection, Ratchet's obvious disinterested responses had me giggling just a little. Though I was disappointed with how easily Bee could smack Ratchet around, even with their size difference. Somehow it hadn't really registered with me how much bigger Ratchet is than Bee until the moment in which they run from Frank/Moe the Eradicons from legal and all their other buddies. Correspondingly, I believe the speculation that Ratchet simply may not have any guns has already been mentioned in this thread, and I have to say that I'm split between accepting such an interpretation (why would a medic have guns? he isn't programmed as a warrior, ergo he doesnt need them) and not buying it. Primarily because after being at war for so many centuries, even after facing down zombies with Prime, you'd think that the possibility of having to step onto a battle field wouldn't be a foreign notion for Ratchet. Which would lead to the cue: hey, maybe I should look into acquiring some weaponry that wouldn't need to rely on close hand to hand combat like my swords do. Just a thought, don't mean to sound too snarky, I still think Ratchet is awesome :) 

Also, I found the ending to be particularly dark what with Megatron literally dragging 'Screamer away. wow, that was powerful stuff, I don't want to know what Meg's has in store for 'Screamer, nothing pleasant that's for sure. But at the same time, this completely and totally fits into the more serious tone that TFP is going for, and I have to say I'm sold. Really looking forward to where TFP goes from here :popcorn 

19. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    starscream's plan, right down to stealing sh-t from an observatory, is so g1

20. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

Oh most definitely, I had a few moments of deja-vu where I was like why does this look familiar....I feel like Megs did this on multiple occasions; stealing a crystal for a ray gun of doom and then there was that other time on top of a Mayan pyramid...

I think it works though, and I have the tendency now to just take moments like that in stride and as little nods to G1