Episode 10 - Deus Ex Machina Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by janeDoe001, Mar 11, 2011.

1. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was pretty "meh." The plot seemed a bit sparse, and the new music was too soft to have much impact.

2. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    knockout showed up out of the blue and became my new favorite character. since he didn't die i'm betting he'll turn up again. maybe he'll even get a toy thrown his way. (and it comes with the electro-staff accessory- you listening, hasbro?)

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knockout stole the show. I too got a Terrorsaur vibe from him, though their personalities couldn't be more different. I am really liking the aesthetic of the bots and cons in this series more and more with each new episode. The plot was pretty basic, but serviceable. Even though it's the same kind of plot we've seen a million times, it was still done well here.

I have to say though, that I'm feeling deprived of Arcee. Bulkhead, Ratchet and Prime seem to eat up most of the screentime, but Arcee hasn't gotten much focus since Darkness Rising. Surprising since Jack started out as the main kid. I thought we'd see a lot more of him and Arcee together, but instead we're getting a lot of Miko and Bulkhead. In a way I guess it's kind of suiting. Bulkhead is a big softy, and Arcee is more stand-offish. Makes sense that her relationship with Jack isn't as tight as Miko and Bulkhead's.

OH! And did anyone notice that Starscream actually took a vote! That he allowed there to be a vote!? And he didn't override his troops' votes when they all wanted a medic to have a look at Megatron. He's running a democratic ship!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BROTHERS!

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I thought that was kind of funny. Screamer didn't seem happy about it.

And you know, you're right. Knockout's character design totally has a Terrorsaur thing going on.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Knockout and Breakdown are awesome - I hope they come back for more! My enjoyment of each episode tends to be directly proportional to how much Starscream is in it.

6. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

The cons totally stole the episode. At this point in the series I find their development to be far more fascinating than that of the Autobots.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Great episode. Now can we finally stop whining about always TFP killing off its new characters? It's 3 for 6.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

A pretty decent Ep, would have liked to have seen a lot more about the history aspect of the collector though, like the whole who, what, when, where, why, and how of it.

9. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

[​IMG]

TFA Prowl nod in the background :) 

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This series is better with each episode. Each episode is very basic in terms of plot, but I find everything about it enjoyable. Great entertainment!

Best part of the episode:

"Fight?"

"Hmm...drive."

11. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm sure that if Starscream didn't do anything...Soundwave most certainly would've made him DO something.

12. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Possibly. Or the Eradicons simply wouldn't do anything until Starscream met their demands. He does seem to have a bit of trouble keeping them in line. Though nobody dared to test his patience in this ep.

13. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Missed this ep the first time around, so I caught the repeat at 11.

Holy shit, Knockout is incredible. I need a toy, like, yesterday.

14. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! They got Chuck's John Casey as the voice of the (in)famous agoraphobic Stunticon! :jawdropper: 

15. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

+1 Without Breakdown and Knockout this would of been one of the weaker episodes, but these two were great, there a great duo: Knockout the brains and Breakdown the brawn.

It was also nice to see the Cons give back some to the Autobots. TFPrime was starting to give me the feeling that besides Megatron most of the Cons in this were pretty weak, unti we saw Breakdown take out Bulk and Knockout owning Optimus for awhile. :D 

16. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Knockouts voice is perfect for Movie Shockwave.

17. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Hot damn. You can do a Google search on Soundwave's face. That's pretty sweet.

Enjoyed the episode. Not the best one, but it had a different vibe to the last couple of episodes and I enjoyed Knockout. He's so fabulous. I'm hoping he and Ratchet go head-to-head sometime. His appearance at the start of the episode was a real surprise. Love his design. Breakdown was great too. They pretty much made the episode.

It would have been hilarious if Jack went up and stroked Soundwave's legs and commented on how smooth they were. And then the door slides up and everything becomes super awkward.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Another good episode. Not as strong as the others, but still good. Both Knockout and Brakedown were great new characters. Most especially Brakedown, who I think might now be my favorite of the TFP cons. He's essentially their answer to Bulkhead, combined with an alt-mode similar to movie-verse Bonecrusher. Honestly can't wait to see how his toy turns out (Voyager is pretty much must-have).

The story was definitely good, but slightly lacking compared to previous episodes. The energon harvester was cool, and believable. It's just too bad it got destroyed. While I love TFP Bulkhead, it would be nice to get some episodes centered more around the other bots on the team. It's nice to see that the next episode should be Bumblebee themed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Brakedown. Especially if they explore his and Bulkhead's past.

19. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the show. I really enjoyed Knockout and Breakdown. Knowckout is sleek and those eyes screemed evil, Indifferent and intellegent and the voice was sick. I agree with other post I want to see more Arcee but also Bumblebee and Rachet. Also give prime more than "One shall stand one shall fall" Whats up with that? Does he have a word limit? Jack is my favorite human and I think he could bring something to the table and maybe step the human interaction up a notch. As it stands I'm loving Prime. At some point the world does need to become involved I mean a giant ship would be noticed for miles and Nevada isn't that sparse.

20. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    *Looks at PropogandaWar's post count*

DUDE! You're at 244!! That's my lucky number!!

*ahem*

Sorry. Resume the discussion.