eotysjapan? robotkingdom? Who would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by m.arndt, Jul 24, 2008.

1. m.arndt

m.arndt Member

Please forgive me if this isn't the correct forum to pose this question...

Hello,

I'm relatively new to collecting Transformers, and haven't bought any Transformers from an online store before. So I have a question that I'm hoping to get some help with: Has anyone here ever dealt with etoysjapan or robotkingdom before?

I'm tempted to pre-order MP Thundercracker from one of them because when factoring in shipping to Canada, it's cheaper for me than a place like BBTS.

For those who have bought from them in the past, who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd recommend Ages 3 and Up, they are located in Canada and will probably carry the items you want.

3. m.arndt

m.arndt Member

Too expensive. They cost more even if they shipped the item for free.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I dealt with Robotkingdom once recently. Overall a fairly pleasant experience, actually.

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Wow...some of RobotKingdom's stuff is pretty cheap. How do they do it? Do they overcharge on shipping like some ebay sellers?

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

They're located in Hong Kong don't forget (aka cheap shipping to North America starts at $10+). I paid $15 shipping on the TRU reissue Soundwave.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    They get it that cheap. HK is one of the few places that gets Japanese and US releases at very fair prices.

Shipping is up there, but it is reasonable. I think I paid $35 for a Telemocha Tigatron and Universe Legends Starscream (including shipping) and I had them in like 4 days. Not bad at all, IMO.

8. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I'm interrested in getting a number of pre-orders at EtoysJapan. The prices are really good. But no seems to be commenting on them.

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Check out the similar threads at the bottom of the page for more info on RobotKingdom.

I've not used them myself, I'd recommend TFSource, but the overall cost may be higher.

Cheers by the way for reminding me about RK, been a while since I've checked out their site, going to do some pricing as their initial item cost is low. Pity i'm in Scotland, I suspect the extra shipping cost may wipe out the saving, but I'm off to have a nosey.

10. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I just ordered something from Robotkingdom a few days ago. They seem like nice guys, replied to emails fast too. Will let you know when I get my stuff in like a week or two.

11. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have ordered from robotkingdom, they have quality packaging

if you ever move to the States try to remember us :D 

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RobotKingdom treated me very well. Great packing, and the pricey shipping meant I received the item within the week.

13. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah robotkingdom is great. If you save your money and order 3 or 4 items at a time, you can actually end up saving some money over any other online retailer. But for 1 deluxe at a time, after you factor in shipping they cost about the same as everyone else. But their service is top notch, and shipping is very very fast.

14. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I had problems with RobotKingdom, first time out.

I ordered (and paid) June 12th.
    I received an email stating they shipped my item June 13th.
    I received the parcel on June 17th. (excellent speed for EMS.)
    I open it, it's Saint Seiya Thanatos, instead of Leader Class Animated Megatron.
    I contact them within the hour. Receive no response, at all.
    Gave them close to five days for a response, received none, so I filed a dispute on PayPal, still no response for three days. I turned it into a claim, they still hadn't responded. PayPal ruled in my favor, but because they sent me something of value, it was considered a reasonable loss. (yay, go PayPal.)

Eight days later (when I think this is all said and done) they finally respond and tell me they can correct the problem as long as I send the Saint Seiya back. I agree, and sure enough they made good on their end of the deal. Plus refunded the shipping costs.

It took exactly one month (July 12th!) for this trainwreck to be over with.

In this link here: Messed up Robot Kingdom order... - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia the guy got one incorrect figure. (he was looking for it anyway, but the point is...that's not what he paid for.)

On the same board, this guy's order went to the US instead of NZ. Lost shipment from RobotKingdom... - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Given my personal experience (first timer, no less!), plus these two instances...I have no faith in RobotKingdom. Yes. they did make good on it, but it took them a month when doing it right the first time would've alleviated any problems. Yes, it's possible to have shipping errors, no one's perfect.

There's no reason, no excuse as to why they ignored me for so long. That alone is enough to make me think twice about a place. Then you throw in how they handled my order and...yeah, it's a done deal. Won't be buying from them again.

Will they most likely get it right this time? Sure. A mistake is a mistake and you learn from them. Is it possible they could screw up again? Yep. (and this is why I absolutely refuse to deal with them again.)

15. Rhask

Rhask Member

Despite the fact it is in the U.S BBTS has its wharehouse located in Wisconisin so the shipping time may match the higher price. Pile of Loot is great if you can wait for stuff.

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    HLJ jut got their thundercracker pre-orders up. Check to see, probably the cheapest option. That or fantofan.jp