Entire Gaogaigar TV Series available domestically

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Vangelus, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just in case anyone didn't know (because I didn't know until I caught it on another board), the halfways-aborted Gaogaigar release stateside has been completed rather suddenly.

Episodes 1-25 Box (Dub and Subs):
    Amazon.com: GaoGaiGar King of Braves - Premium Box Collection (Volumes 1-5, Eps. 1-25): Yoshitomo Kometani: Movies & TV

Episodes 26-49 Box (Subs Only):
    Amazon.com: GaoGaiGar King of Braves Premium Box 2: Maiko Itou, Yoshitomo Yonetani: Movies & TV

I really really recommend this series to anyone that enjoys robot action, be it super robots, Transformers, or even some real robots stuff. That and I'd love to see it sell well, and bounce back a little from the fact that 1-25 was received so meh-ly that it cacked the dub.

That said, please don't be put off by subtitles with this series. Not only is the dialogue tremendously easy to follow (and loaded with engrish), but the Japanese VAs include some of the most hotblooded and over-the-top badass heroic and villainous performances ever.

Anyway, getting the info out there in case people didn't know it was out (or that the second box was released). :D 

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Aw man, $31 for the first half of the series? Why'd you have to point that out when I'm broke and I have other plastic to buy still?!

3. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I may have to check this out as i've been picking up the slack on uber popular robot shows that AREN'T gundam (finally saw Macross for my first time, dunno if they're supposed to be but the Zentradi are HILARIOUS). This is part of the braves line yes? Do you need to watch anything else before it or does GaoGaiGar stand on it's own pretty well?

4. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

GGG is pretty much stand alone and a lot of fun.

5. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT!! One helluva robot show :rock . yup the series is a bit slow in the beginning. when i initially watched it at first, i wasn't too impressed myself but i was wrong.

By the time episode 5 onwards the series itself starts to pick up & wait 'til you hit episode 27 onwards, they'll blow your mind! woo hoo!! by then the whole theme song GA! GA! GA! GAOGAIGAR YUUSHA OU TANJOU! finally makes sense. it's really worth watching.

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Gaogaigar is one of the most awesome mecha anime ever made. If you love the good, old fashioned "courage can beat any evil" kind of shows then you owe it to yourself to check out this series.

*Starts searching for a place to import the DVDs - with GREAT COURAGE AND GUTS!*

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I hope it does well enough, so that they release the second half dubbed. It just kind of sucks for only half a series to be like that, you know? Also hope we get Final.

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I don't know why they bothered with the first half, pretty much anyone who pays attention to the western anime market could have told them that its not the sort of show that would increase in sales enougth with a dub to cover the cost. I'm pretty sure that the folks that are into obscure 10+ year old super robot shows arn't the sort of lazy whiners that would insist on dubs either.

I definately want this and thier upcoming Golion set to do decent numbers thougth. Neither show is my bag, but more encouragement for low margin sub only releases of older shows is needed if were ever going to see more classics get released in the english speaking world. I need me some Mellowlink, Dougram, Cobra, Yamato, Harlock, Hokuto no Ken and Layzner DVDs and i'm sure the super robot guys would love to get thier hands on more Brave and Go Nagai stuff.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

$60 or so for the whole series. Wow, that's an awesome price. I will have to order it.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Stopped by Best Buy today and they had these for about $5 cheaper. $25 for volume 1, $24 for volume 2. I may actually go back and pick them up after I get paid this week.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I would. I've already watched the fansubs, but I'd really like to see the whole thing dubbed. Call me lazy, but I don't like reading my anime ALL the time.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to get this. I bloody LOVED the Gaogaigar series.

15. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Already had it ordered. Just waiting for it to hit the FLCS I order my stuff through.

ZA POWAH shall save us all.