Entertainment Weekly article

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Apr 22, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I didn't see this anywhere and decided to post it here:
    Entertainment Weekly magazine has there summer movie articles out and of cours Transformers DOTM is in there.
    There is a spot on the page where if you click on it you can use your smartphone to view the trailer (I am assuming it is just the TV spots we have seen, I don't have a smartphone I have a stupidphone)
    They have a banner at the bottom where it said if the components of each of these Transformers were laid end to end in the real world, who'd be the longest. Megatron won with 1.1 miles, then Optimus Prime with .9 miles then Bumblebee with .5 miles.
    I'll re-type the article but I'll leave out the info in ( ) lie the actor's nms becae we all know that alredy. Please my typos as my keyboard has been stupid lately.
    Sam Whitwicky may boast the resume enhancing experience of having saved the world twice but he starts the third edition unable to find a decent job. He has a new grlfriend, Carly, but feels guilty about the danger sher faces due to his relationship with these shapeshifting robots.
    And it's quite a bit of danger. The evil decepticons have set their sights on Chicago where Carly is trapped. Luckily Sam and Major Lennox - the foremost expert on surviving robot on robot carnag - are on hand to guide her through the chaos. Wat do the bad guys have against the windy city? "I don't know if I want to say that, but the Decepticons have a plan." says producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura.
    Director MichalBay,who admits that 2009's Revenge of the Fallen had an overly busy plot, wanted to fashion a tighter story in Dark of the moon. "It's way more intense, and it feels more real. It's got a slow build of action unlike on the second one where it was just slam bam the whole way through." The new film's 3D camera work also called for a steadier perspective. "To really feel 3D, you need to hold the shot." Bay says
    To hold fans of the series though, you also need souped-up hardware. Several new robots appear in Dark of the Moon, including vintage ones from the 1980'a TV show and comics. The cyclopean villan Shockwave leads an assault on CHicago ("he's kind of an enforcer" says Bay) and Optimus Prime's long lost predecessor Sentinal Prime (voiced by Leonard Nimoy) turns up in wreckage found on the moon during the Apollo 11 mission.

Whew, there ya go, not really anything in terms of new information, but it's all there.

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the plan is that since Chicago is a centralized city, Shockwave thinks that a more successful plan of attack is to work outwards from a central location...instead of the more common left-to-right, or right-to-left.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just figured they chose Chicago because it was one of the "seeker" locations that Wheelie laser i.d.'d in ROTF. His little green beam honed in on what appeared to be the Chicago area of Illinois. Of course, there were several other locations as well.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  4. Leonfreak

Leonfreak Banned

Something about Chicago that hollywood likes destroying the city.

5. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    wait seekers? in chicago? wheelie found them on the map right?

thundercracker and skywarp? they seekers?

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    "Several new robots appear in Dark of the Moon, including vintage ones from the 1980'a TV show and comics."

I wonder if he it's meant for both sides, or at least throw out some names.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    When taking over the north American continent its best to start in the center most city and spread outward instead of splitting your forces up to take 4 fronts. with the spread out method you keep your forces in one group and it becomes a matter of over powering the invadees who try to defend.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    :inquisiti  Intersting. I hope the decepticons get new people as well. We haven't seen much except for Shockwave, and the Dreads.

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    They want the bronze Michael Jordan statue...