Entertainment Weekely Reviews TF Animated New Episode

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by drill, Jan 6, 2008.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    screw you adam b vary! i mean, b vary doesnt even sound like a real name!

b vary vary quiet, were hunting for reviewers.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To the guy's credit (tiny little smidge of credit), he didn't go into any tirades either way about Optimus Prime having a mouth.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Decepticons? Maybe a giant Megatron head doesn't matter for him.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I think his review is typical of those outside the fandom. My friend who isn't a transformer fan or anything though one of the few who knows how much I like them reacted very similiarly when watching the premiere with me. I was able to get past the bad designs because I like the story so far but I worry that this show won't do well since a lot of people don't really like the way it looks (or sounds apparently).

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I can't fault his review because if he doesn't know what is going on by a single episode, then that is part of the storytelling's failure.

Japanese series constantly have a problem with this, but depending on what episode he saw, he could have a problem with this too as nothing is explained if you hop into episode 7 without seeing 1-6.

Prime does sound like a college student. Partially because he is supposed to for the character. If you look at this from an outsiders point of view, Prime is cullen, he is the king badass of the autobots. So I can see it is confusing. And if he watched Episode 4, who knew megs was a decepticon? I am sure other episodes also are void of decepticons. It must feel like an Episode of Pokemon without team rocket.

I can't fault him as it is hard for us to see things with an impartial outsiders eyes.

Is that the whole review? I haven't seen too many outside reviews of the series yet.

6. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

BW had practically the same outrage especially over the new concepts. But it stayed for 4 seasons and won an emmy.
    I'm just saying that there's no reason to be worried because of people outside the fandom mostly not liking it. As far as I know, right now 99% of the people watching the show enjoyed it even thier kids and nephews.

Screw with the reviews. Imo, good or bad I don't really care. The movie got the same negative reviews. It doesn't ultimately spell the success or failure of something or someone.It's the ratings that matter.

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Piss-poor research + lack of interest = Shitty review.

In general, reviewers and critics suck. They like to think that their opinions dictate what's good and what's not. In all honesty, no one should ever tell you what your opinion of something should be. If someone does, seek professional help.

I truly can't stand it when a critic tries to hold one movie to the standards of another in a different genre and/or style. For example, a popcorn movie vs. an art-house flick (or other Academy suck-up).

/RANT

8. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not even a review. It's tiny blurb in the "What's on this week" section for Saturday. That fact that TF:A is even mentioned in EW at all is a good thing for the show. It means that TF's are big enough on the pop-culture radar right now that the Saturday-morning cartoon warrants a notice from the public at large. There's only 4 or 5 shows listed per day in that section. The fact that EW is devoting any space at all to the show is near miraculous and speaks only the the strength of the brand right now. Plus, the blurb isn't any more or less snarky than any of the other blurbs in the section. That's just the tone of EW.

But still, the "OMG!!! Some d00d said sumthing bad about TFs GET 'IM!!!1" attitude makes total sense...

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Agreed and I think it is the whole review.

10. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Hey, that's what Transfans are for. Now where are my damn knives and pitchforks?![​IMG]

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Meh, I stopped listening to reviews years ago. It all comes down to this, I don't give a shit what some writer on the other side of the globe thinks about what I just watched.

When Godzilla Unleashed was released in the US, first review panned it, then all the others copy-and-pasted and called it fresh. Jumping on the bitching bandwagon is cool.

If you say negative stuff about things people like, you will get reaction, and thus, you win. They read your review, they talk about your review, they try to discredit your review (sometimes).

I just think the entertainment biz would be better if reviewers didn't exist and people actually made up their own minds.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If he had seen "Carnival" from the Armada series then he'd be singing a different tune.