Entertainment Rights secures rights to new Transformers cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, May 8, 2007.

1. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Ugh. I hate Teen Titans :( 

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I wonder which one's Bumblebee? :p 

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    You clearly haven't seen the episodes from the last season (vs. The Brotherhood) or the final Trigon arc.

Teen Titans is a great show, even though the characters designs can put someone off at first.

-airfox

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Oh hells YES! I am so sick of CGed "cartoons." *hurts knee, trying to do happy dance*

Ow. *limps away*

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I think Teen Titans was a great animated show. This new Transformers really has alot to work around. I would say either go for one of 2 concepts.
    1. Have the Transformers as usual crash land on earth in the ships and meet a FEW humans and go about the war. Something like G1.
    2. Keep the war on Cybertron. No humans. The unicron Trilogy couldnt get the human/robot balance and it blowed.
    Some things they should try to do.
    1. Make the show 3D animation. Lets try to live up to Beast Wars at least here.
    2. Better action. Not neccessarily more just better. The Unicron trilogy's action sucked IMO.
    Just some thoughts. Again IMO.

6. sparkhunter

sparkhunter Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    action masters...... get a cartoon now!
    that's what I like heroes is going to be like

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I"m having a hard time making out those outlines.

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

2nd one looks like Jetfire, the 4th looks kinda organic?

All I know is it will be "different" and after adjusting to the "shock" of the Movie style, I'm much more tolerent of change.

Could be very interesting actually.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Info recap!
    We have the producer of Ben 10 on board (a huge hit for CN last Christmas)
    We have the designer from Teen Titans (a major hit for several years)
    We have Marty Isenberg, whose credits include some of the most acclaimed action cartoons of the last decade (Beast Machines, Batman:TAS, Superman: TAS, Gargoyles, Spider-Man 90s, X-Men 90s, and TMNT 2K)

And from what I see of the designs in outline, while stylized, they are still recognizable as Transformers.

I do think this has all the makings of a fine action cartoon, and hopefully one that will carry the momentum of the new movie.

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why can't they do a series that's length is based on the story?

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As long as the actual toys are cool, I couldn't care less how good or bad the show is. I'm just hoping that the fourth silhouette isn't some gorrila-faced Decepticon, if that's what they're gonna look like...
    *frown*

12. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

Well, this is news to me! Cool! I'm kinda excited. 39 episodes a season sounds good to me, so long as the animation quality is kept consistant. I'm hoping the characterization is good... I can watch anything so long as it's consistant in it's animation quality and has a good story... If the quality goes up and down... then.. I'll be annoyed.

13. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    My guesses:

[​IMG]
    Prime, Grimlock, Bumblebee (the face i draw is a joke :p ), villainous guy with huge jaw

[​IMG]
    Hot Rod!

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    You know from the sounds of it on the creative team and samples we've seen, it looks like they are going for a very clean simple look that can appeal to all audiences like Foster's home, or Avatar and even samurai jack or power puff girls. Thinking some the things red X and robin's bike could do, or even the other vehicles and cyborg's car, I have faith this will have flashy action and cinematography while still maintaining a real enough character dynamic and story flow with comedic edges and awe.

Just from the talents and what've seen, that seems to be my thought on what they are 'attempting' to do. But I wonder, will it be episodic or serial based? I'm hoping due to the writer's implied, it'll have nice mix of both as those series did.

So I'm thinking expect sleek very rounded off transformers mostly. Maybe lots of sharp edges too. But the faces will be very pronounced and true to them just in a new style. But that's going based off their prior work on franchises.

This cartoon could be a huge turning point in the animated forms, or, it could be the next flop. But it's nice to see they are trying to put effort into something that could have staying power.

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Have you seen Michelangelo Antonioni's "BLOW UP"? You'll be seeing murder victims in there next!! ;) 

16. Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

Did Hasbro deny them source material? I find that hard to believe. Working in a manufacturing industry myself you provide as many details, sources and history as you can to a vendor or engineer who is working on creating something for you. I find it hard to believe that Hasbro would simply deny them access to old material asking them to then blindly create a new series based on a handful of toys and that's it.

If they were denied access then I would have expected them to take it upon themselves to do a little homework. It's not like it's secret information. Diving into something unknown and trying to make your work fit is a near impossible task unless you do your homework. Would you let somebody who's a lawnmower mechanic rebuild the engine in your car if he's never touched a car engine before? Sure he knows how it works in theory and sure he could probably figure a decent chunk of it out, but without researching it I'm sure he wouldn't do nearly as good of a job as a car mechanic.

Now if Hasbro went to them and said we're not going to provide you with any information purposely because we want you to go off on a tangent that's a different story. If that's the case they were doing their job and creating new things as they went.

In any case Skir never answered fans that he was denied material, he simply said this is one version of Transformers if you don't like it move on and wait for something else. Not a very accomodating answer.

It seems to me that what happened is Hasbro was tripping over themselves to move BW from the partial coverage it was receiving on stations here and there to the much more popular, in every home across the country, Fox Kids. FK put a bunch of restrictions on the show(less violence, death and inuendo) and I wouldn't be surprised if they even said, oh yeah and you'll be using our writers and you'll like it. If you look many of their credits are FK shows.

At any rate the shining reality here is that Hasbro is a business and they are focused on one goal and one goal alone: sell. Who's their audience? Kids. Why kids? Because kids make up the majority of their TF sales. As much as the fans, myself included, would love to believe that the fans are the majority of the influence we're simply not the majority.

They'll give nods and do things that make the fans happen where they can but in the big picture they are trying to sell pieces of plastic to kids.

Like I said, I'm still holding out for a great series but I don't see too much light with Isenberg. I'll be more than happy to be the one he proves wrong by giving us a great show.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! Those really helped. I'm looking forward to this cartoon.