Enslaved

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Picked it up this morning and I really like it.

Gameplay wise it seems to be a solid mix of hack and slash, team work to solve puzzles and platforming fun. I'm having quite a lot of fun with it, and have got used to the whole "ask Trip to do things for you" system. i.e distract, run for cover etc

Graphically it suffers from textures popping and actual things popping into place, like in a cutscene if it cuts away from Trip when it cuts back to her she will suddenly just pop into place like a magician. It isn't jaring just the only notable negative thing in a pretty enjoyable game.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Almost through Chapter 3 as of this morning. Loving it so far.

I know different strokes and all that, but why do I seem to like so many games that many people dislike???

Never used to think of myself as much of the contrarian about most things, but perhaps I am when it comes to video games.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I'm liking this game a lot. There are some graphical issues as stated above, but nothing major, for example Trip's hair clips through her body at the beginning of the second chapter, and sometimes it takes too long to dial up the LOD on textures. An odd thing is that there is no Dolby Digital 5.1 unlike every other retail PS3 game I've owned (21 of them).

At times it reminds me of Ico, in that it's so tranquil sometimes; that and the babysitting.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rented it from the Red Box. I FUCKING LOVE IT! I should have bought this instead of Castlevania. Spent 2 hours on CV last night and I almost felt like I was obligated to play it. I'm enjoying Enslaved like an Uncharted-type game, lotta personality on this one.

True, but like ICO, the secondary character actually helps you at time.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The more I play it, the more I realise something is missing. I'm not sure what, but some hook that actually wants to make me continue. Cleared chapter 5 and to think there is at least another 9 chapters like this is a tad dissapointing. I hope they mix up the formula.

6. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I really love it as well! I remember that my biggest fear going into it was that I wouldn't like the controls and that defending Trip would be a pain in the ass. Instead, I love the combat and Trip actually HELPS YOU. :thumbs2: 

Glad someone else is digging it around here.

As far as Castlevania, I picked it up yesterday and to be fair I'm not out of Chapter 1 yet, but I do like it so far. Right now I like Enslaved a bit better but they are two entirely different animals of games. I'm not at all unhappy with picking either up, although in CV it took me a while to get used to those damn R2 prompts during an early boss battle (you know the one).:lol 

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Without adding spoilers, there is a bit more variety to come.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

you know what, this game really reminds me of pop 2008. from the platforming to the fighting, to even the backgrounds and graphics. and that game got slammed hard for 'not letting you die' and some other crap.

i liked the demo, but still. it annoys me how many review sites are having orgasms over it and pop got bad reviews. hypocrites...

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Understatement from hell. I've seen them dock games for being repetative and creaming over another game with the exact same game-play elements.

Fighting in Enslaved isn't going to cause you to swings together some serious combos, but the camera work in the fighting system is pretty awesome, and the selling point for me, so far, has been the story and character development. The "monkeying" around if awesome too.

I had to return is last night, right before getting to the crash site :( 

10. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Mannn, you gots to pick it up! I'm at that part as of this morning and it's awesome.

Then again, I love the game and like it loads better than the Prince of Persia where you couldn't die.

11. smangerbot

i bet with the amount of checkpoints and saves in this you barely die either. you're just left looking at loading screens. which are way better....

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I did get the complete a level without dying achievement yesterday.

13. smangerbot

high five!

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trip explaining the fish tank thing was pretty cool. They are a cool set of characters.

15. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    So aside from 'Monkey' (WTF) is there any other characters based on Saiyuki characters?

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp, I went out and did it. I bought it. Very few games sell me on a demo, but the demo, and then renting it. I couldn't put it down. So I folded and picked it up. Nevermind that Fable and Force Unleashed come out in two weeks... I mean really :( 

17. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Well done, mate!

You won't regret it. People can slag on this game all they want, but I really dig it and obviously you must too.

I'm now in Chapter 11 as of this morning and there is no bankruptcy in this game play.

See what I did there? :wink: 

Pun fully intended.

18. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Well, just finished this the other night and the ending was pretty awesome stuff.

Granted the platforming in this game is pretty damned automatic, but between the fun of combat, the designs and the character interaction, I found this game to be loads of fun.

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Downloaded the demo, enjoying it so far!

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still going through it. Haven't cared about characters in a video games like this since Uncharted 2. Trip is awesome. I love
    how her eyes lit up when Monkey killed that cat and he said, "We did it."
    They are so damn expressive. It's all that experience from Heavenly Sword. Those characters looked awesome. In fact, that game still looked better than this "texturally-speaking". I wonder if it has to do with Enslaved being Multi-consoled.