I just finished an experiment. I put G1 Soundwaves head on an Animated body and did some minor repainting. I had to drill out the inside of the G1 head with a dremel to adapt it for the ball and socket joint. I also widened the hole where the head flips into the camper, but forgot to sand the edges. For the paint, I used both heavy and soft body liquitex acrylics. I sanded the area for better adhesion before painting. It is pretty obvious that he first area I tried to paint was the speakers behind the head. I also painted the rims, knees and back of the camper where the digital readout is. I am happy enough with it. It does go to answer the question of what Animated Soundwave would look like with a G1 head, so that would be a purpose served. The parts came from a broken G1 figure and an animated figure I bought on sale at Walmart that already had some crummy paint aps on it.