Enlighten Transforming Robot Sky Defender 120

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Scaleface, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Continuing my exploration of alternatives to Kre-O, I decided to pick up this robot brick set from ebay last week for $14.99 (free shipping) last week. This is actualy one of the earlier attempts at a not-Transformer by Chinese brick company Enlighten. This set takes the Kre-O rout of "Transforming" by parts-forming. The instructions themselves only give you robot mode, but the box also pictures a "vehicle".

[​IMG]

Sky Defender is part of a series of four different toys heavily inspired by Bionical. All four robots feature box art of an alternate mode. For Sky Defender it's some sort of space ship.

[​IMG]

What really impressed me is that despite being a brickbot, Sky Defender has numerous points of articulation, better than most G2 robots.

The head, hands, shoulder pieces, groin, back plates and feet are custom pieces.

He also features a missile launcher right hand, with one rubber tipped missile.

Size-wise Sky Defender is BIG, at least Ultra class for a Transformer.

[​IMG]

His head is actually a cockpit for a brickman, who oddly looks like he fell out of a Power Rangers episode.

[​IMG]

Overall a sturdy brickbot. I hope to figure out the vehicle mode next.

2. Scaleface

News Credits:
    I just found out this robot and others in the series are heavily inspired by Mega Blok "Blok Bots" toys.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Yeah, I was just looking at those pics and I was like "He looks a LOT like that old Knight robot thing I have packed away into a box somewhere".

The fact the little dude stands in the head sealed the deal, since that entire design is lifted from the Blok Bots.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Still seems to be an original design using pieces from different sets. For instance the head is from the Blok Bot Spy.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Eh. It's only mildly Rom: Spaceknight-ish.

6. Scaleface

News Credits: