1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Okay, so we all know that in other continuities, energon is the resource which fuels the Cybertronian war, and it is a substance that is scarce on Cybertron. Also established in most continuities is that energon can be refined out of crude fuels found on Earth, ranging from oil to solar and even hydro, geothermal and wind energy.

Prime seems to differ in that, surprisingly, there are massive deposits of crude energon present on earth, apparently so massive that entire underground mines large enough to hide the entire Decepticon forces exist.

Am I misinterpreting this? Are the transformers referring to some sort of mineral that can produce energon when they use the word, or is it actually energon itself? Further, how will this be explained? Does it bother anyone?

At the moment I'm fully capable of suspending disbelief and am ambivalent, but I was wondering what others think.

2. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Seemed more like the Beast Wars approach with actual energon crystals. Though it hasn't been stated whether it is raw or not. Though in BW stable energon was in the form of cubes.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Yeah, they're treating it pretty much the same way Beast Wars did minus the adverse effects, which Beast Wars ditched after a while.

4. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

They didn't ditch it, the planetbuster either detonated raw energon deposits or stabilized them into energon cubes. Furthermore, Transmetalization dealt much better with any energon surges as seen in the Agenda when they did stumble across Megatron's trap of raw energon - Inferno was vulnerable to it.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

it seems like there are STILL some effects in the energon in TF Prime. as it did something to cliffjumper.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, natural energon existing on planets other than Cybertron isn't new or strange. Beast Wars, Energon and most recently the movieverse (via the Cyber Missions shorts and IDW's Sector 7 comics) have all had it appearing on Earth, and other worlds. True energon is an emanation of Primus, and before he had his big brouhaha with Unicron, he roamed across the universe - it's no surprise to find he left his mark on other worlds in the form of energon, perhaps with a view to having his children eventually finding it there.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They ditched it, but remembered to write it off.

That was Dark Energon.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering that as well. It's probably the result of whatever happened on earth before the series takes place. Basically the aftermath of whatever happened when Prime and Megs had a show down three years prior and had Megatron retreat off planet. This probably ties in with Agent Fowler's disposition towards the Autobots and the "wake up the Pentagon" bit.

Or I could be wrong and there is randomly energon in the earth and stuff.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

energon is energon,so it still counts. whether it be good or bad energon.
    point is the dark/unicron energon still causes side effects in TF Prime's cartoon episodes. like it did in beastwars when the energon was unstable & caused side effects.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Dark Energon and Energon aren't the same thing. One gives them life, the other turns them into rabid zombies. That's a pretty clear distinction.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Exactly. I don't remember normal energon corrupting cybertronians or inanimate machinery.

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

points to the live action TF movie appliance bots when they got hit by the allspark energon. they went crazy & acted like rabid zombies.

13. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Either the Vok or IDW Shockwave planted it there. Lol :p 

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Now you're talking about a completely different third thing from a different continuity. But, even so, that Allspark also turned those appliances into soulless creatures.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope they have the Vok be the source of the energon on earth. I want Primus to remain a metaphysical being and potential myth. I don't like my gods to be real.

16. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Seems more like they wrapped it up. Ditching it would be like forgetting a plot point like the Transmetal 2 driver that came outta nowhere then disappeared after reviving Blackarachnia.

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Different continuity and the allspark isn't Energon.

It was the dark energon that reanimated Cliff. He was caught twice in an an Energon explosion caused by the drones and Screamer respectively. In no way did the normal energon affect him just by being close to it.

18. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    correction: you don't want your faith to be a proven fact or it couldn't be defined as faith anymore

19. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

One thing I was wondering while watching prime, we're used to the notion that energon is highly explosive as shown in beast wars when they took high precaution when shooting around it, and it's just as explosive in prime YET the bots rarely give a damn D: just shooting carelessly into tonnes of raw energon. Whatever happened to common sense Prime D;

20. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

An Energon cube in the Movie continuity. Where the means of producing Energon lies in the Allspark and the Matrix.

When Scalpel stabbed Megatron's corpse in ROTF he said "Now for a little bit of Energon"

Other fiction which began from Dreamwave establish Sparks are made by or made of Energon.

In Energon Primus disembodied form is a big ball of Energon.

Now Dark Energon here is sort of like the Darkness, an anti-Matrix formerly wielded by Nova Prime and can revived the dead to undead. In fact Dark Energon here is referred to as the anti-Allspark.

Now if some Exodus plot device is retained here much like Dark Energon this could mean there is an Allspark existing in this continuity.

We don't know what happened three years ago but I suspect Energon deposits may have something to do with the Allspark.