Energon vs Superlink Nightscream (Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragon516, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a difference in the Japanese release of Superlink Nightscream versus US release Energon Starscream? I am looking to get one of these since I only had the US G1 redeco from before and wanted to know if there is a difference. Been looking online for pics but don't see any comparison ones. Thanks for any help and if anybody has one of them for sale at reasonable price please let me know.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the only major differences between the japanese and the hasbro unicron trilogy toys, is that the japanese one tends to have more painted details then the american ones.

there are a few exceptions, but not too many.

like the hotshot red repaints. *cybertron*
    how ever, i do know that the japanese g1 starscream deco, is different from the american one, *the american one has no scar wing, while the japanese one does still have the wing scar. and it has clear weapons while the american one does not.

but the general rule of the unicron trilogy toys is that the japanese ones just have more paint. *and sometimes the american ones have "extra" paint details *like jetfire has paint on the nose to make it look like it is burnt from reentery while the japanese one does not.* OR the paint applications are brighter on the japanese ones, *example, armada prime vs convoy*

3. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well I had both and I have to say that Superlink vertion is a loong way better.

Ther mold is exactyly the same but if there's a remarkable difference is the colors on the limbs.

On Energon Screamer, thet limbs are a very rare shade of blue. On the other side, SUperlink Hightscream has got gray, which is really more accurated to the TV Show. If you look carefully SUperlink Nuhgtscream has got brighter red also.

A pic is better, see it by yourself:

Energon Starscream:

[​IMG]

Superlink NIghtscream:

[​IMG]

Definitively Superlink NIghtscream is more accurate.

4. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks alot. The Superlink one does look better to me.

5. Neo-Bombshell

News Credits:
    Don't worry. And if maybe you are interedted in the future in the repaint of this figure, there's no way you wouldn't prefer Superlink Nightscream R instead of Energon Starscream.

They have tons' of differences, the most importatn is that Superlink Nightscream R has got clear Blue parts and weapons and Energon Starscream solid white plastic.

Nightscream R may cost a bit more but he's really worth every penny and comes with an extra Energon weapon, the one used by Insecticon but in bright green.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    This mold neede to see more use... one of the greater ones to come from AEC

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm not sure about that. The whole idea of that repaint was to reflect his new, more corporeal form, but the translucent blue and retained damage areas go against that concept. The US version looks a lot more solid and "fixed" a lot of the damage areas by painting them to be symmetrical to his solid half, it makes the two versions far more distinctive. Especially the wings no longer being translucent on the US version, especially in robot mode where the damage on top of the wing can no longer show through the wing.

8. Neo-Bombshell

News Credits:
    Interesting point of view. But Nightscream's colors were blue in the Tv Show anyway.