Heavy/Scratch: Energon Voyager Omega Supreme 90%

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G60Force, Jan 19, 2011.

1. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Energon Voyager Omega Supreme 99%

fist of all thnx to Unicron-9 for the inspiration and some ideas ;) 
    Check his version here:

Optimus: (from ugly semi to ugly tank)
    Removed all 6 wheels added tracks from Energon Scorponoc and also the head + reversed the visor
    Number1: (from laddertruck to a ladder/water/blaster combo)
    Just added E.Scorps blasters [no mods needed]
    Number2: (helicopter, now with Energon blades of death!)
    E.Scorps claw thingy's... so the blades double as the Omega claw combined with Number4
    Number3: (former driller, now mobile artillery + combine mode Tank-turret + Omega Supreme's super arm cannon)
    Removed nosecone [will be used for other combiner] added Energon Ravage weapon on the existing spin mechanism WORKS!
    Number4: (former boat? now some sort of scavenger/excavator + Omega Supreme Claw with blade extensions from Number2)
    Removed front/canopy and added E.Scorps Track claw thingy's to form some sort of digging thing's or hooks

Still on the TODO:
    -Mod windows (I guess) / maybe not??? (problem is I like the windows for spacecraft, but not for tank)

UPDATE:
    head+visor can sink into the body
    found 2 possible bases-modes (using my spares, since the others are already in the process of paint)
    although I didn't like the base-mode, maybe they look better when painted...
    but then I accidently found a very reasonable look starship-mode :D 

UPDATE3:
    3 limbs for 95% finished (will touch up when in final combined mode)
    I'm finishing the 4th limb today and start with centre piece :) 

UPDATE4:
    Final limb complete, centre piece almost done just 1more day :( 
    Anyways... in the meantime I experieced with clear red over the yellow energon
    I really want it translucent, cuz maybe I'll use leds on them!

UPDATE5:
    Well that was quick :D  LOLZ... the first coat of translucent red look cool!
    (gonna try-out 2nd coat on the energon test piece tomorrow)
    Also a sneak-peek at OMEGA ;)  !!

UPDATE6:
    IT'S DONE!!! :D  I might search for a helmet, but until then it's going on display :p 
    Thnx everyone for watching.... Until next time, CYA!

PS.: If anyone is interested make me an offer;)  It's perfectly in scale with WST

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I seem to be having trouble viewing the full pics at the moment (not just yours, but several others on the site too), but from what I can see, he's coming along nicely. Love how you've incorporated Scorponok's bits; there's some really creative work going on there. :) 

For future reference, if you can, next time FF hangs while you're writing, try to highlight everything you've written and Ctrl+C. Then once you've restored your session, you can just start a new reply and paste it all back into the window.

3. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    wow you crank these thing out quick great job cant wait to see him in has omega colors

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, that's better. I just transferred to Firefox; looks like it's just Opera giving me gyp at the moment.

Liking it even more now I can see it. :p  I love some of those little touches, like the energon blades mounted on the end of the chopper rotors (how did you do that?), and the claws on what was once a sub. Not entirely sure about the Scorponok head, as it looks pretty mean still, but I'm sure you have plans for that. ;) 

That second-to-last pic amused me greatly. It put me in mind of the weird contortions Prime goes through when he's first awoken on the Ark in the Marvel comics... :p 

5. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks nice but i dont think anything can save Fatimus Primes uncombined bot mode. Powered up he looks great and the addition on the drones is pretty cool.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, I did some work on this mould a few years back (which never got finished, surprise surprise), but did find that shaving the wheel arches down helps to reduce the lardiness some.

The other thing that I think makes him look weirder is the really fat thighs compared to the lower legs. Now, the Deluxe Energon Prime actually has the ability to slide those thigh parts down to his lower legs, essentially reversing those proportions and making him look much better. If you could find a way to do that with this larger mould...

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

NICE> how unusual. that makes it even better

8. G60Force

Ebay:
    thnx can't wait myself, think it's already much cooler than prime ever was :) 

Thnx mate, well the mods on the legs are a pain...
    at first I wanted the tracks/threads as legs, but I didn't want to partsform them!
    But thnx for the input and brainwaves :D 

I guess your right! ... thnx allot :) 

It does the job like it should :D  thnx..

UPDATED FIRST POST, with lots of info..
    WIP pics and close-ups, will follow when it's painted ;) 

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    man, you're an active guy w/ new projects. I think every day - we see a new WIP from you, that's awesome. I (personally) would like to see you finish one though.

10. G60Force

Ebay:
    I know thnx.. but I have :D 

just 3 or 4 combiners are awaiting parts at the moment... that's all :p 
    Hard to find those here and shipping-costs are a pain most of the time :( 
    (I just have 2 abandoned projects out of like 10-20 others)

and I most of the time don't like the painting process so sometimes I want the get back to dremeling/bashing, so that it that takes longer!

And I don't have commissions, so I don't have to ;) 

But thnx for looking and taking the time to comment..
    I've said it before, but your work here on the boards made me start customs!

11. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I see no problem with multiple projects going on at once, and I see no problem with working on TF's for as much time as you seem to. The feeling I get whenever I see one of your threads is simply just a bit of disappointment. I am hardly an experienced kitbasher, but in the time I have worked on it I try to make things to a certain level of quality. Mainly because they are for myself forever, but mostly because who wants to spend time to make something that could have been better with more time?

With the amount of time you appear to spend doing this hobby of yours, the final products appear that they could be much much better if you slowed down your pace and put more time into the finer points of them. Lots of the devy and defensor look good, but some minor points really take away from it. (elbow connections, headsculpts, wrong proportions) If you are trying to become a commissioner (its obviously too early for that) you have to understand that people want to pay for something that has been carefully and thoughtfully done... something they were unable to do themselves. If you didn't have a lot of time but still wanted quick customs for yourself.... fine so be it. But the fact that you have LOTS of time to work on this stuff just makes me sad that you are selling yourself short and not putting more effort into each piece.

I've wanted to comment this for a long time, but frankly I didn't want it to come off as me trying to be mean about it. I just think each one could be a lot better with more effort/focused time, and that doesn't seem to be impossible for you to do.

12. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

Hey G6, never liked omega (thats right G1 purists, come get me), but I do like this one.

you might be able to make fatimus not look so if you had a diffrent leg attatchment for when hes not super. like almost a sleeve with a foot that could turn into two BFG`s for omega. the chest isnt so bad as it is the tiny limbs that need to fit in the super boots n gloves.

as for your success curve, I think just trying to put something together is more than allot of people do. and you clearly have a strong desire for innovation and functionality. the only problem with that is there is always a better way, with different parts or ideas. but sometimes compromise, practicality, and decisiveness will better help make you innovations a complete reality.

13. G60Force

Ebay:
    Well I'm glad that you finally did, but be careful cuz eventhough I'm capable of handling pretty heavy stuff other people could get really upset/hurt. Due to the fact you don't know all the detailed info about me as a person... You have to consider I do mostly 90% of the work lying on my bed, due to the last 3years and 2 major backing, thus not being able to stand/sit for more than 5-10minutes at a time. So I can never sit working behind a desk like the pro's (I do even own a desk that cost nearly 5000, but haven't used since my problems started to exploded) Well I could bore you guys to death with more info, but the point is I'm 29yrs been the sick for 3yrs now and just started doing customs only 8 or 9 months ago! That's why some of my work isn't perfect, but at least I'm happy with most of the outcomes :D  and I love doing it, most of the times. SO long story short! I've unfortunately got lost of spare time YES, but I can't work all that efficiently :( 

One more thing, about the commissions... well why not??
    Most MAJOR CUSTOMS GOD's here on the boards are overbooked :p 
    So if someone is satisfied with what I can offer, that fine with me right ;) 

thnx for the comment :) 

UPDATE:
    started painting the limbs... I'm going for toon-style, with semi-flat :p 

14. G60Force

Ebay:
    UPDATE:
    -head+visor can sink into the body
    -found 2 possible bases-modes (using my spares, since the others are already in the process of paint)
    although I didn't like the base-mode, maybe they look better when painted...
    but then I accidently found a very reasonable look starship-mode :D 

15. G60Force

Ebay:
    UPDATE3:
    3 limbs for 95% finished (will touch up when in final combined mode)
    I'm finishing the 4th limb today and start with centre piece :) 

16. G60Force

Ebay:
    UPDATE4:
    Final limb complete, centre piece almost done just 1more day :( 
    Anyways... in the meantime I experieced with clear red over the yellow energon
    I really want it translucent, cuz maybe I'll use leds on them!

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Looking forward to seeing this finished. I like the clear red over the green/yellow energon parts; you'll need a couple more coats to actually make it look red, but I did the same thing on my GF Megazarak, and it really does make a big difference.

I can't help thinking the yellow at the back of the former sub and drill drones feels a hair overpowering. I know they're to be the shoulders in his combined form, bit in vehicle mode the transition between the grey fronts and the yellow rears seems a little... sudden. I think a little grey continuing onto those shoulder pieces (maybe you could paint the flat areas where the OP drone numbers were) would help unify the vehicle modes better.
    I do love how clean you've managed to make the yellow, though, considering how much of a bear that colour is to paint.

18. G60Force

Ebay:
    absolutly right, double hinged front-windows-chestflap that also cove the shoulder parts might do the trick :D 
    (but will not executed it on this version, maybe in the future... who knows ;) )

thanx for the input on the clear-red... I figured that much... but I'll be sleeping over that decision :p 

19. G60Force

Ebay:
    UPDATE5:
    Well that was quick :D  LOLZ... the first coat of translucent red look cool!
    (gonna try-out 2nd coat on the energon test piece tomorrow)
    Also a sneak-peek at OMEGA ;)  !!

20. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

I just noticed this thread, what an innovative Idea! I had high hopes for the toy when I first saw energon optimus in the dreamwave comics, but it just wasn't Prime to me. Omega Supreme is a great choice for this mould, because the over all toy would work better as a base robot. I want to see this guy in every mode you an come up with. Hope you finish soon!