Customs: Energon-style appendages?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of the add on kit for the E-style combiners. Personally, the original appendages don't bother me all that much. However, I'm just wondering if any of you guys think you can make this cheaper than $40-50.

Now keep in mind, I'm not thinking mass-production here. I'd kinda doubt that on a mass production scale that the quality of the kit would be a hard pressed to do so (though I'm certainly not eliminating the possibility). Often times many of us keep a bucket 'o parts on hand and tinker around with things like this. I kinda thought it would be cool to see if any of you were thinking of a formula of sorts of parts and kitbashing you think would work equally well and such.

Anyways, I just thought I'd put this out there for fun :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

I bought two of these guys one for display and the other to tinker around with. I figure I'll just scratch build the limbs and pick up some poseable gundam hands, still haven't figured out what scale though. Ya 40-50$ for limbs to me is a little much especially with a baby on the way...need them diapers and formula.

3. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

If someone were to figure out an attachment method, I could see Cybertron Jetfire/Movie Jetstorm's forearms and hands working both in scale and aesthetic. Feet, I've not gotten to put alot of thought into.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to build (and hopefully actually mass-produce) more things like this project. They'll need to be scratch-built, but see gundam appendages as a good starting ground for inspiration.

5. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

Yes I agree gundam is good starting point...would you know what scale it would be...I don't think my friend would appreciate me going through all his gundam boxes at his store.

6. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am using parts from my old and busted 1/60 gundam models.

The limbs are pretty sweet for using forearms,hand and foot and ankle areas. But as far as hip and crotch piece they are shoddy and only use a single peg and minimal polycap to hold in place.

A decent amount of reworking would be needed to get them to sustain action poses and what not. Just trying to get the actually model posed before I scrapped it to work on its own was hell.