energon screamer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by skywarp1016, Mar 20, 2011.

1. skywarp1016

skywarp1016 Banned

Ebay:
    should this really have been starscream lets think about it please no screamer lovers opinons here please... so he can teleport and was a darkk figure half the time lets see why not just have him black and purple pushing prime down stairs and stufff come on this was so skywarp but they gave him starscreams name what a crock sorry its just my rant

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

I uh.... what? The most I can muster up from this..... is that you are saying he resembles Skywarp. But, the thing is. He isn't teleporting, he is going invisible and fading back in, he is a Energon Ghost.... As for the purple... he is mostly green and blue...

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    In I remember correctly Energon Starscream's body was made of pure energon but wasn't complete giving him Skywarp like powers.

You have to remember this is the same Starscream that Unicron killed in Armada but with his memory blank. Created as assassin to kill Megatron. Later his body was stabilized but originally it varied from solid to ethereal which gave him his teleportation and invisibility powers.

4. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:

Flaw - you're a Skywarp fan so asking for fans of Starscream not to comment is a bit silly considering that you're fronting for your character in place of Screamer which really only says: Hey, I want to throw this view out there but I don't want any counter points thrown my way from an equally polarized person.

What you're asking for is nothing more than what we originally received; fan service. You're simply asking for it in the direction of your favorite character (which is fine) as opposed to what was done which I sort of find pointless as it's a season long past and what's done is done.

Sorry dude, maybe next time.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I so dislike Energon Starscream in comparison to Superlink Nightscream.

For one thing, not the same guy. There's no tie to Armada/Micron Legend Starscream. Alpha Q created him from a spark onhand and sent him as mentioned to kill Galvatron, only to find that he was outmatched. Galvatron broke Nightscream and reconditioned him to be his perfect soldier, which he came pretty darn close to being. When Sixshot demanded Galvatron bow before him and apologize for killing Laserwave, Galvatron refused, so Sixshot held control of Cybertron captive; Nightscream stepped in and bowed on his masters behalf. Later he was the only 'con rewarded by Galvatron G with a bath in Super Energon, giving him a major ability boost.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Off-topic, but I would still love to see this mold repainted into Skywarp and Thundercracker. I just think it's a great, under-used mold.

7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like how Botcon introduced the mold into G1 with Leozack and Skyquake. Be nice to see Hooligan and Hellbat get toys.

I have the 3 versions of this mold and the latter make nice War Within Seekers, their similar colours giving them a uniformed look

Be nice to see the mold repainted in the purple scheme from Age of Wrath.

Actually a head remold to give us Machine Wars Megatron and Megaplex or Robotmasters Air Hunter would be great.

8. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the others, his powers weren't strictly teleportation, like Skywarp, but he was literally a tf ghost. I'm fine with it how it was, but I guess you can't please everyone

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Starscream must have fit the character better than skywarp or else they would have called it skywarp. Seems the writers decided they would call the character Starscream due to the fact it was Starscream through out the other 2 series. It has been discussed before ad nauseum that random character name changes don't end well, so skywarp would not be a fitting name for Starscream.

In general, Starscream is usually a better character than skywarp anyway since skywarp is a one trick pony that if at all has rarely stood by himself in media. (at least has not that I remember after almost 30 years) You should visit a petition website then you can make a petition to get your voice heard if you want more featuring roles for skywarp! However I have the feeling Starscream is going to be in the leading role of jet con's for years to come.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Energon was a terrible cartoon with terrible characters. Starscream was little more than a zombie. He had no personality. He could've been called whatever and it wouldn't have made a difference.

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't you people read? There's to be no Starscream support in this thread!

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

But wait! If there is to be no other side of a conversation then why even have it? If someone desires to have a thread about a subject with no detractors should said person not go to a board full of supporters of the same (favorite thing)? Here by logically it would seem they would be happier would they not?

Yes I used logic on the internet.. love it!

13. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Logic? On my internets?!

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Well clearly a topic of such logic deserves our best effort to make the discussion as good as it can be.

Because it is totally logical that a small coincidence should override most conventional writing practices in character naming.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, they are. They don't identify him by name, but he's explicitly established to be one of Megatron's former troops. A dead former soldier of Megatron's whose spark was taken by Unicron, named <blank>scream. He's quite clearly supposed to be the same character, and I don't know why anyone would claim otherwise, except perhaps to be apologist towards the show's anal rape of his character arc.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Thrust fits all the criteria that the show explicitly mentions, plus he dies on Unicrons surface.

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's clearly not Screamer guys. If you followed Energon Continuity at all you would know that it's actually Starscream's elder father, Jacob.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Aww snap, how did I totally miss that?:confused: 

19. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I would love to see this mold get more action! Hellbat, Hooligan and Gaihawk would be perfect re-deco counterparts to Leozack and Skyquake. Air Hunter would be nice as well. Hell this would be a good idea for the knock out toy makers out there.

20. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Get out of here you!

You haven't even attempted to mask your starscream fandom, the audacity.