Energon Powerlinks (or whatever they're called)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Are these toys worth looking for and picking up? I love gestalts and general combiners, but the whole half and half with no merging kinda puts me off and the energon toys in general are really clunky.

But, they just seem to have a level of cool and fun that I might want to get in on.

So, are they good? What are the best and the worst of them?

2. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    well all of the gestalts have/are seeing a release in classics and universe 2.0. I only own a few energon molds and they are:

Leader Galvatron (best galvatron ever)
    Omega Supreme
    Fattimus Prime and his little appendages
    Superion Maximus

3. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Personally I don't really like most of the 2 figure combiner Autobots from energon. Landquake, and Bulkhead were kinda cool though. The gestalts and a lot of the decepticons were pretty cool too. But as far as the 2 bot combiners go, the only one I kinda liked was Inferno, the rest I found quite disappointing.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In general, the Autobot duo combiners in Energon aren't very good. On all of them, either the Legs or Arms mode wasn't very good and most of the combinations weren't all that great either. Here's what I'd recommend:

- SWAT Team - A K-Mart exclusive, IIRC, contained a repaint of the Deluxe Prowl and Deluxe Rodimus figures. Since the figures have a "theme", the combined form(s) look a lot better since they have a cohesive colour scheme. Go with the Prowl Arms/Rodimus Legs combination on this one.
    - Inferno Arms/Rodimus Legs - Inferno makes a good Arm mode and Rodimus is a great Leg mode. Since they're both red and have a 'fire' theme, the colour scheme of the combined mode is cohesive as well.

Avoid the Voyager/Mega-sized Autobot duo combiners. The individual figures on their own are terrible and the combinations are atrocious.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really. Some of the individual figs are cool, but the combined modes aren't that great, though they are kinda fanmode friendly.

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

That was about the only combination I actually liked. Rodimus actually wasn't too bad on his own either.