Energon on DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Monkey-King, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Monkey-King

Monkey-King Lord of Monkeys

Does anyone know of any information on the Energon series actually being released in it's entirety on DVD? I really do NOT want to buy those 4 DVD's that skip around, especially not when the bookend series' are out in box sets.

Anyone?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've heard nothing about a release. I'd say it is unlikely because of the poor quality of the series.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh... I remember how excited everyone was when we saw the first promo CGI clips of Hot Shot transforming. I thought we were getting the next Beast Wars. Alas, twas not to be. :lol 

On topic, I'd like to see it come out for completion's sake; I've put off purchasing the individual ones in the hope we'd get a set one day. I've also seen no info about it, though.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why would anyone WANT Energon on DVD?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Expensive Transformer-themed coasters?

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    So they can finally know what Energon tastes like?

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a rusty screwdriver here. If you like, I could come around and stab your eyes out with it, that'd achieve much the same effect as watching Energon.

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    But what about our planets, Kicker? OUR PLANETS!! KICKER?!?

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Ironhide sounding like Jeff Spicoli was the worst thing to happen to Transformers EVER.

"Hey Haught Shaught. WhaddayaMEAN Auptimus?"

Hatehatehatehate.

10. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i heard energon doesn't deserve a dvd for its hittiness but i haven't seen it yet. i watched ALL of armada and liked it pretty well except for one thing. it took FOR-EV-VER! i wasn't up to spending the same time watching all of energon. i'll see it eventually because i wanna be the one to judge wether its good or as bad as people say it is. people say the animation looks stupid and clunky, but i've seen screencaps on the wiki and i think it looks kinda cool! we'll see!

11. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

Yep. Me too!

12. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Oh, I complain, mind you, but I would buy it too. I support full series releases for TF unconditionally. It helps get the other series' out there. When I bought the full series of Cybertron, I did it with the hopes of it somehow facilitating a complete release of RiD. (Which I think Disney actually has right now? I could be wrong.)

13. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

i think they will release it soon...they released Cybertron first because it was better,I assume that Energon will get the same type of release as Cybertron and armada

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Energon starts off with a bang. The first 7 or so episodes were pretty exciting and fairly interesting. However, the series quickly devolved into a boring and convoluted mess. The last dozen or so episodes were some of the most yawn inducing episodes I have ever seen.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe it'll come out soon... I mean, if they put out box sets of every other TF series that's been made, they'll have to release Energon sooner or later.

16. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    There was a series called Energon? hmmm guess I blacked that out for some reason,

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Imagine that takes-forever stuff, plus a lot of meandering plot that doesn't go anywhere, then introduces yet ANOTHER tacked on plot because ZOMG there's still 13 more episodes to fill because the Japanese are OCD about cartoons always having 52 episodes, plus bad CG cel-shading animation with robots that have a total range of TWO facial impressions ("mouth open" and "mouth shut"), and the worst English dub since the RTM dub for Headmasters, Victory and Masterforce... And you get a glimpse of an idea of what Energon is like.

This, and that:
    Energon (cartoon) - Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki

I mean, what the HELL does one expect from a show that has titles such as "Scorpinok", "Improsoned Inferno" and "A Tale of Two Heros"?

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well, I would buy it just to have the whole A/E/C set. Of course I still need to get the 1st half of armada. I still want RID. C'mon release it here. Damn Disney.

19. Tman978

Tman978 Really CHILL!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Energon.....I stuck with the show but I dont know If I can go back and rewatch it. The characters had no substance. I rarely cared about them and then when I did, Megs reprogramed them or killed them off. Go fig. Starscream was interesting for one episode, then got reprogrammed and loyal. Demolisher having a heart, reprogrammed/stupid. Mirage being bad assed at first, then a comic relief, Shockblast/Sixshot were real threats then they were killed, Skorponok......Man, everyone hated Megs.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, I'd buy it for completion's sake to be honest. I really didn't like the show after the first seven to ten episodes (and I agree with Joe Moore... those first couple of episodes started out with a bang and left you fealing that this would be better than Armada... sadly everything starts to fall apart after Megatron shows back up) and the final 13 episodes are exactly as Nevermore describes them... they exist because of the Japanese having some very very strange OCD issues about their Anime series to some extent. It also really doesn't help the show any that the plot basically repeats itself about halfway through the show... but that's what happens when you have a plot that last 25 episodes and you've got to stretch it out to 52...

But, again, if it did get a US release I'd probably buy it for completion's sake. I've actually been toying around with the idea of importing the Malaysian (I believe it's Malaysian) release of Superlink (which would at least be somewhat better because most of the animation errors are gone from the Japanese version as they were actually using completed footage and all that...).