ENERGON on DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CryoPrime, Jun 8, 2008.

1. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Why are we getting Cybertron on DVD this summer, but I've heard nothing about energon?? I might have missed something or there might already be a thread for this, but does anyone know why?? I think that energon was a lot better than Cyb.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Energon was not better than Cybertron.

3. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

That doesn't answer my question. thanks.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Perhaps Hasbro thought Energon was too horrible to release. It is riddled with dubbing errors upon dubbing errors, though that's partly the fault of Hasbro themselves and the Cartoon Network for forcing Voicebox to do a rush job.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only Energon/Superlink DVD release I know about are in Japan or in Malaysia.

I believe it was asked at one of the Botcon Panels (don't remember which one) to Hasbro why Pioneer was skipping over Energon was because they were just deciding to focus on Cybertron and Animated.

If you really want Energon I would suggest getting a Region Free DVD (or hacking a cheap one... hacks are real easy to do on most of the new model DVD players) and importing one from another country as Pioneer may not be interested in releasing Energon as it was riddled with dubbing and editing errors thanks to the rush job that Voice Box was forced to do by Hasbro & Cartoon Network.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cause Cybertron is better than Energon. :lol 

*Gets the seam reaction since the first guy said The Atom Bomb Chuck Norris Joke*

7. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Just do like I and my friend have done and get the subbed version of Superlink from TV Nihon or somewheres...

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I agree with everything in this post. Energon was a total disaster of a show and Hasbro is doing themselves a favor by not wasting the time and materials to release it on dvd. The animation was bad, the plot was horrible (particularly the fact that it ended about 13 episodes before the show did), and the dubbing was ridiculously incompetent. If I were in charge of Hasbro not only would I never release this, I'd burn the master copies and any duplicates I could get my hands on.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ No if I were Hasbro I would keep a copy around just to illustrate how NOT to make a Transformers cartoon.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would buy RID on DVD easily, and I bought Armada's Two Packages, and I will be there for Cybertron in July, but I really couldn't not see myself spending money on Energon. Not a dime. Ok maybe a dime, but nothing more.

11. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Even if it was bad, I'd still like to have it so I can have all three series.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

This.

For completists only, as far as I'm concerned.

13. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Maybe, but I first got into Transformeers watching Armada and Energon. I'd like to own the reasons I'm such a huge Trans-fan now. (I already own Armada)

14. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Cybertron is worth buying and watching it on DVD. Energon simply wasen't as good, not by a longshot, and is not worth spending a penny on... except if I was to randomly select the first episodes and shove the rest. The show was an abseloute mess, everything after the beginning was just unwatchable and terribly awful. The dubbing was badly done, the voice/lip sync was screwed up, and the story really had no plot. Ok, it had a plot... but a small plot that could probably fit about 18 episodes. Not a huge lump of 52 episodes. Everything towards the middle and the end of this series is technically pointless to watch.

The only thing that saves this series from being the very worst are the toys, and the beginning of the series. The toys were cool, but that's ALL. The series was decent at the very beginning, but that's the extent of it. For for my opinion on the worst? Beast Machines was a horrible series, had crappy toys, and a pointless plot. That's what made it the very worst of the TF series. Energon goes as second worst.

So in conclusion, TF Cybertron is miles... no, make that lightyears better than Energon or Beast Machines combined. That's why they're producing the series. But if you understand Japanese, buy the better Superlink series in DVD. If you don't, download all of the 52 episodes from TV Nihon. Oh yeah, didn't I also mention the US dub actually left out one episode? The US dub had 51 episodes while the Japanese version had 52. I wonder why.

15. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Beast Machines is amazing IMO, but that's just me and I think you guys are expecting way to much out of Saturday Morning Cartoons dude. lol After all that's all they are.

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked Energon. It was ok. Not the best. Imo Beast Machines was amazing. The toys did blow though. I bought a bootleg copy of RID for 15 bucks and struggled to finish watching it cuz it was so awful. I need one of those Justice League mindwipes to forget about Skybyte.

Anyway, I would buy energon to complete my American series collection. And I missed a lot of episodes so I'd like to watch those.
    I'm pretty excited that we're getting the animated movie, cybertron next month and animated season 1 in august though! I like my TF's on DVD.

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Energon was bad but i personally thought Cybertron was worse!!! But lets not dwell on the past and look at the awesome future of Animated....

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Energon's dubbing was barf for the most part, though I highly enjoyed Superlink (despite it's flaws), even way beyond RID (and Cybertron). Hasbro may release it for completeness sake for the future, but on the meantime, I would just go with the international release that may/may not have English subtitles.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CryoPrime, my suggestion if you really want Energon/Superlink on DVD is to get this Malaysian copy: Superlink DVD Set.

It has the Japanese audio track and the option of English or Chinese subtitles. You can usually pick it up on eBay for $20 to $25 USD w/about $22 shipping to the US or most other countries. I have the set as it's the only way I was able to actually sit down and watch the series from start to finish as the Japanese vocal cast is just a superior dubbing of the show. Not to mention the fact that Superlink actually used finished animation instead of some of the half finished footage that we recieved from Energon. This is pretty much the only way that I can recommend this series if you're interested. Even if there were an official US release to DVD of Energon I'd say that you're better off with this or the Japanese released DVD set (though that one is harder to find and much more expensive). Not to mention it's region free so you'll have no problem playing it without doing a region hack to your DVD player (which is actually really simple if you have a newer player, but that's neither here nor their).

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember seeing reference shots of the incomplete video. Does anybody remember where that was I would like to see if the difference is worth replacing my homemade energon dvds