Energon Omnicon question?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Nov 18, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Which is the best one since I plan to get one of their movie repaints from Target?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    The Skyblast mold is imo.

3. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Strongarm is a pretty strong little basic mold (no pun intended) Pretty good articulation and a great Energon weapon. Wish I had the Movie repaint myself, I could need a new version of the mold and the colors are pretty rad :) 

4. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I like the Signal Flare mold.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Of the four, Strongarm. Great little jeep, tough little robot mode. Got your choice of two versions IIRC, one of them looks a bit like Outback, the other, older one a bit like Brawn.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of signal flare and skyblast.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best overall, IMO, is Strongarm. However, I also really like the assembled Energon weapon that comes with the Skyblast mold.

8. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Why no respect for Arcee? I think, whether you actually use her as Arcee or not, she is the best basic mold ever. Period. Her transformation is very cool, her bike mode is flawless, and her robot mode shows no out-of-place motorcycle kibble. The only one thing is you'll have to file down the stupid energon star attachment point, since it's stupidly placed right on her stomach. Once that's done, you've got yourself a perfect basic figure.

9. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Besides that, I forgot to mention Armorhide. He's simple but cool and you can repaint him as Huffer if you desire. He's my second favorite, followed by Strongarm, who I think is decent but nothing particularly special. Those are all I have of those figures.

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Armorhide is from Cybertron and isn't an Omnicon. Otherwise, I think a lot of people would suggest him (or Storm Surge) over the Omnicon redecos.

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    storm surge gets my vote...no symbol on him so he could be used a con or a bot...

12. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Strongarm is one of my favorite molds ever, and the Skyblast mold is also a winner. But that's mostly because I prefer figures with a coherent vehicle mode, decent articulation, and a proportionally humanoid robot mode.

I'm less a fan of the others, but they all have something going for them.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just to clarify, the omnicons are; Strongarm, Skyblast, Signal Flare and Arcee. (You can add Offshoot and Energon Strongarm I suppose) the basic Cybertron figures are not Omnicons.

I recommend all of them but Skyblast is my favorite. If you're going for an all around favorite basic from A/E/C then Armorhide is your best bet.

14. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The overall best looking one is probably the Target version of Arcee - the one in blue that was released last summer. It's one of the nicest paint jobs I've ever seen on a TF, much less as a repaint.

The grey/white Skyblast repaint is also nice.

In terms of mold, though, it's hard to say. Each of the four main omnicons has their own drawbacks. Strongarm seems merely ok, and has some leg problems that cause range of movement and balance issues. However, I'd say that either Target version of the mold is superior to the two versions released in Energon.

Signal Flare is a pretty good, interesting mold, but also has weird legs and no head movement. Additionally, he's never really had a good color scheme. I only bought the original, and am pretty pleased with it, but some people have taken the two Energon versions and swapped parts to make more cohesive color schemes.

Skyblast is an ok mold, but the alt mode is a but "cutesy" for lack of a better term, at least in comparison to most other Energon airplanes like E. Starscream and E. Windrazor/Treadbolt. Also, he doesn't have normal knees. You have to turn in feet sideways to get knee movement.

Arcee is hard to balance due to the heels, and her arms are goofy as well. They are only really useful in allowing her to use here bow weapon. It is a better mold than the deluxe Movie Arcee, though, which uses essentially the same design and transformation.

15. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Arcee is pretty cool (just wish her altmode was a car) but I have to say may fav is Skyblast.

16. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll throw my vote in for Skyblast. He is a great little fig. I have 2 originals as well as one each of the target repaints. I would most likely buy it again if they were to repaint it again.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Skyblast and Strongarm are both really good figures. Skyblast is the better looking of the two while Strongarm is the more articulated of the two (Skyblast doesn't have traditional knees due to transformation).

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The only one of the four that I don't own is Strongarm. And Skyblast is a clear favorite of mine of those. Though I think my favorite of the Energon Scouts is Divebomb.