Energon Omega Supreme and Cybertron Metroplex...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

Do these guys, Omega and Metroplex work with your classics Autobots? I'm considering getting them in the near future. Are they decent stand ins with your display?

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Omega is with my Display of classics. Looks really good too.

Cybertron Metroplex....I don't care for it with them.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    That Omega looks pretty sweet. It just needs a major repaint. The Metroplex looks just bad.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the G1 Omega Supreme re-issue is what I use-dude if friggin EPIC

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I like the toys but they don't work as part my Classics collection.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They can. Colors are wrong, but they can. Totally up to you man :) 

Their stature is damn impressive.

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Much like Energony Scorponok I would imagine that Metroplex looks quite nice with the Classics figures. (CHUG if you prefer, though personally I'm sticking to Classics thank you very much.)

Omega Supreme on the other hand... I love the figure, he's a great looking character and is really fun to play with even though I don't own Optimus Prime to combine him with. However, and I hate to say this, he's just not suitably colored IMO. Now Omega Sentinel on the other hand, I'd have to say his more subdued and uniform color scheme would probably look 10 times better amongst the Classics. (Sadly I don't have Omega Sentinel yet so I can not verify this.)

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Omega Supreme/Sentinel goes for Mad Cash on eBay lately.
    i am trying to get a decent price on just one, but it's hard since i prefer to buy MISB from eBay to make sure it's complete.

Since i bought the Encore Omega, i would put him with my Classics.
    i just think that Metroplex doesn't match the classics look. for a couple years, i have debated whether or not to get Metroplex at all, and never can pull the trigger.

I do wonder, now if Energon Omega Supreme would look better with the WFC figures.
    (as few of em as they are.) would Cybertron Metroplex and Scorponok look better as WFC figure stand-ins.

9. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

Scorponok fits in well with my classic cons. He's very serviceable as a classics figure.

10. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Scorponok definitely does. Pretty much most of the Decepticons of Energon have a great matching aesthetic with Classics. I think it has moreso to do with the sculpting and having non-intrusive gimmicks.

Omega though....all he needed was a paint scheme a bit closer to his G1 self...and you would think he was made for Classics. Head sculpt is dead on, and he is massive on the shelf. Omega Sentinel looks great with them as well.

11. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I like both toys but I do not want them in my classics line up.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could see Omega working, but I don't think Megalo Convoy would fit. He's got the size and color, but not the alt mode.

13. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I was lucky enough to get an Omega Supreme from a board member for 75 and an Omega Sentinel from Ebay for 120. Prices on these guys are usually double that. But yes, them and my Metroplex along with Energon Scorponok, Dark Scorponok and Botcon Double Punch are all among my "Classics" collection, albeit a very loosely defined Classics collection, but really, it's up to you and how you like it to look.

14. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Here's the shelf that has Omega on it:

[​IMG]

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

To me he's cybertronian mode Metroplex. I put him with my Cybertron mode Autobots.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, I've never liked these guys as Classics stand-ins. Maybe it's because G1 Omega and Metroplex were two of my favorites, but these two just don't hit the mark for me. Omega isn't squat and stompy enough, his face is too normal-looking (even if it's contained inside an Omega-ish helmet), and his colors are off. Same deal with Metroplex, he's too tall and lanky and his color scheme doesn't quite fit. His alt-mode also doesn't work for me... why would a giant earth-mover/construction thing be called Metroplex, a name that connotes a structure or plaza of some sort? Well, okay, maybe he BUILDS structures or plazas.

Anyhow, they're nice figures in their own right, and maybe if they were repainted in schemes closer to the original figures' coloring I would change my mind on this, but currently my opinion is that they don't go well with Classics.

Energon Scorponok and Cybertron Dark Scorponok, however, do work well as stand-ins for me. Their coloring is a bit closer to the figures they are homaging (though I'd still love a slavishly-G1 repaint of Scorponok), and the alt mode change doesn't bother me in this case.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  17. Angelwave

News Credits:
    I remember someone doing mock ups of them in G1 colors. They looked great.

18. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

It seems I'm going against the grain here, but think Metroplex fits in really well with my classics (as a giant towering robot) but Omega just couldn't cut it. When I took a casual glance, I could mistake Metroplex for a classics version of the G1, but Omega was just too off-colored.

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I never really cared for the half-and-half color scheme of Omega Supreme, but I like the Energon Omega Sentinel version. I use that for my classics-type stand-in (but maybe someday there will be an official recolor in G1 colors and I will get that. Probably not).

20. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I never bought Cyb For Max because I really didn't like his design and his alternate mode didn't make sense at the time. I did buy Energon Omega Surpreme to fill the slot in my G1 type collection because of it's affordability. Overall he's a great figure and goes well my classics figures.