energon ironhide, size comparison

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thyvipera, Sep 14, 2008.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

can anyone tell me how big the energon ironhide is? in comparison with the new classics galvatron?

and also, can anyone tell me how big armada cyclonus is? in comparison with classics astrotrain?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Energon Ironhide is Mega sized (Now called Voyager) and one size class bigger than Universe Galvatron. Movie Ironhide is Voyager Sized if you have that toy... I wish I had mine here to take pics. I'm sure someone else here could help you sooner than I can in that department.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Energon Ironhide is huge, he's closer to the size of an Ultra like Universe Onslaught than Galvatron. Can't compare the height of the two in robot mode since I've not opened Galvatron yet, but the tank is tiny compared to the truck.

Armada Cyclonus is pretty big, his chin must be about level with Astrotrain's head and he's a lot broader at the shoulders too. Like any Armada toy, he's quite chunky and large.

4. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks for the help. i thought he might be too big. i'm going to be making a custom gestalt and i'm trying to find 2 molds. i'm pretty sure energon strongarm is going to work for one, so ironhide is out of the question. Now the other question is, is armada cyclonus too big? i'm thinking so. I need him to be somewhere near the size of classics astrotrain.

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks for the help. do you know how much bigger armada cyclonus is than classics astrotrain in alt. mode?

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Between one and two inches longer than shuttle mode, slightly shorter than train mode. Slightly taller than either.

7. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    So you're going for Bruticus? I'm assuming from the tank, shuttle, jeep. If you want a deluxish copter you could get FAB blackout. that aught to be close to the right size. Then you'd just be looking for a centerpiece right? I'm no familiar with E. Ironhide, but Voyager centers tend to work well with deluxe limbs. If you think that Strongarm might be too short compared to everyone else you could wait for Classiverse Hound and change him into Swindle.

8. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks for the help everyone. Yes, I'm planning on doing a classicish bruticus. I also thinking about doing him without deluxes and make him a lot bigger.

classics onslaught (center)
    classics blades (arm)
    energon ironhide (leg)
    classics dropshot (leg)

and i'm not sure about the shuttle yet

I don't even know if the sizes of these things would work or not. Just brainstorming right now.

9. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I think Jetfire was a shuttle at least once during AEC, so that might make a suitable Blastoff. I don't know how big he is in relation to blades though. Also, if you're open to substituting a mobile missile rack for a tank you could also substitute a plane for a shuttle. Come to think of it, you might be able to make Marvel Crossovers Hulk work as Brawl instead of Dropshot with a little bit if ingenuity. By that I mean you may be able to artificially extend one or the other of the legs to match in length.

Edit: I feel kinda bad second guessing all your choices, but Alternators Swindle would also make a good Swindle If you're going with Voyager limbs. He's already about perfect. You've got lots of options for just about every piece of this guy. Which is good because if someone else makes one, yours will be different.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Try Energon Jetfire. He's about as close as you'll probably get to a shuttle in that size class. The Armada one is much more shuttle-y, but he'd be way too big.