Minor/Repaint: Energon Ironhide (Scrapped)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by minsok, Aug 29, 2010.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I posted this before and it vanished. A custom I did that I was going to repaint, but I decided to use his parts instead.

Attached Files:

2. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

I think you should go for it, I mean that's really awesome and oddly enough reminds of RID Omega Prime

3. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    he looks really good

4. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a shame all these original ideas get tossed to the wayside for the same old stuff...ho hum. Guess I'll go back to looking at Devastators and movie accurate this and that.

I would have loved to see where this was going, and highly promote the use of molds that the rest of the fandom overlooks.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It didn't vanish, but it was moved. You didn't mention any custom work you did to it, but you said you were picking it away for parts.

What custom work did you do to it? What are you currently doing to this custom?

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Actually, my posts are trying to figure more out about your work. When you first posted this, it was vague and seemed like you had a custom and just scrapped it (as in literally using it for parts). That being the case, it was better suited where I moved it. You reposted, and I inquired again. If you have questions regarding that action, please feel free to send a private message. If you would like to elaborate, feel free to.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was messing with Energon Ironhide's 'tall mode' awhile ago and forgot how cool it was.

Still think those combinable Energon Deluxes & Ultras were awesome

9. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I meant Squall made it sound like I was selling out. I'm too lazy to quote multiple people.

Yeah, his tall mode makes him look much better, the regular mode just looks wrong to me now. Both his combinations with Cliffjumper were the best in the line, too.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Aw man, multiquote FTL then :lol  Like I was saying earlier, this is why clarification and specificity are so important!

Honestly, I always had Ironhide in "tall" mode, as I always thought he looked cooler (and "correct!") that way too. Really, it was his crummy alt mode that always did me in!

The thing I've enjoyed looking at the most here is the sword. I really like how it makes him not looks SO tall and slender. Also, I think it's interesting how you used it in alt mode as well. :thumb 

11. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I wasn't trying to make YOU sound like a sellout at all. I check out the Radicons on a daily basis, and I saw the little thumbnail of Energon Ironhide on your thread...and in my head, I was like "this requires attention!"

I got in here, and saw some preliminary work and even a nice photoshop of what you intended to do, but then you mentioned not completing it because you used him for parts. I didn't mean YOU sold out by not completing him...I just thought it was a shame you didn't complete him. I get bored pretty easily with all the Devastators and movie or game accurate this or that we are seeing and the complimentary race to eBay (I'm gonna make myself sound old, but back in my day, we kept our customs and actually made stuff for ourselves!). Not saying they aren't nice...but variety is the spice of life! It was a nice refresher to see someone use an awkward mold...especially from the much-hated Armada/Energon series!

My comment was meant as a compliment to your idea, not as something negative...I just hope we get to see more original ideas from you!

12. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I was kidding, I'm not offended. I know what you mean, I don't sell any of my customs on ebay unless I'm just bored of them and I stopped looking at anything that is made out of a Unicron wearing small robots a long time ago. This custom is complete as I intended, I don't paint entire figures for myself; I'd only do that if I intended to sell them and I figured he'd come to better use donating his joints and head and whatnot.