Minor/Repaint: Energon Hound

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I bought this TFTM Target Strongarm a couple of weeks ago from the clearance aisle and when I brought him home I noticed two things: I already had this figure (doh!) and he kind of reminded me of Hound.

I decided to just give him a couple of paint apps and a sticker or two to give him a more Hound vibe. I also decided this would be the perfect chance to try out dyeing without losing a whole lot of cash if things go wrong.

I dyed almost all of his light gray parts and the Energon weapon parts black. Gave him some yellow stripes on the forearms and shoulders as well as on the front of the vehicle mode. Painted the fog lights and headlights silver with some yellow for the lenses on the fog lights. I also gave some extra silver parts on various areas of the body. Some star stickers from a GIJoe sticker sheet finished him off nicely, I think!

Materials used:
    RIT black liquid dye
    Testor's Enamel Yellow
    Testor's Enamel Silver
    GIJoe Decals

I noticed that one of his hip panels was stuck out a little when I took the pictures! Oh well, nothing can be done about it now...

Attached Files:

2. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

Now I actaully want this mold. Great job.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I actually like the mold. He's basic, but kind of fun. As it turns out, I have actually purchased four different versions of him! Thanks for the feedback!