Energon Grimlock ,Swoop and Mega Dinobot Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by D Banks, Mar 23, 2008.

1. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys, since my review on animated grimlock, ive gotten alot of requests of energon grimlock. So i decided to shoot a review on him, even though its not like me to shoot a review thats not animated i still wanted to post it since some people wanted to see it. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool showing, Thanks.

The Grimlock & Swoop set is not very popular around here, though I love the Grimlock toy to death. (kinda neutral on Swoop and the Mega-Dinobot mode though). I have made a tweak or two to my toy though.

If you swap Grimlock's forearms (they can just pull right off under the elbow joint) so the switches that slide the hands out are on the back sides of the arms (and on the outsides of the legs in dino mode), it improves the looks of the robot mode a bit, and makes it easier for Grim to hold 'standard peg' weapons (the tail sword from Energon Doom-Lock is nice) I've also done some more things like tweak the paint and transplant the head from Classics Grimlock.

[​IMG]

3. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:

AWESOME, I never thought of it like that, I knew he wasnt gonna be popular here, but I decided to post him anyway just to fulfill some peoples requests, thanks for the tips and for looking at my review.

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Oy, now I wanna pick Grimmy up. He's probably too expensive, though. ;.;

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I am one of probably three people that loves Megadinobot mode, as long as he is combined properly (as in not by the instructions).

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Got a pic of the proper way? I always thought the instructions were off.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, "the proper way" is just what I call it, since it looks a lot better IMO than the official way. Here's a crappy pic from one of my old comics -

[​IMG]

Swoop's arms are hidden, his wings are positioned on the back better, and Grimlock's tail halves are swung down, along with other small tweaks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That does help a lot (especially tucking away Swoop's arms). I prefer the big shoulderpad look though. :) 

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Great review man.

I don't HATE Grimlock and Swoop, but they're not my favorites either. Swoop isn't too bad overall, but I'm not a big fan of Grimlock's stumpy proportions, the head sculpt or the midget T-rex mode. Plus the Mega-Dinobot thing always seemed like a tacked-on afterthought than an actual well-designed process. Even though some of the other Energon Autobots' combination look super goofy, it's still aparent the combination was planned in the design. Just my personal take on it. One of the few TFs I've taken out of the box, fiddled with then put right back in the box for display.

10. Galvamaximus

Galvamaximus Brazilian dinofan

Four people! ;)  These Dinobots are in my wishlist. :) 

11. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ok e this mode of grimlock and swoop. I tried to sell them many times but always keep them. Its the only energon set I display misb. I often want to bust them out but i keep them sealed up. I'll find myself a loose set oneday

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I quite like Swoop. I've never owned the original, and this version reminds me of Ptera Geist from Brave Exkaiser, so Swoop ends up hanging out with my Braves as well. Grimlock's fun, though he's going to be out of my Grimlock top 3 as soon as I get Animated Grimlock.