Energon Grimlock and Swoop

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finally got an Energon Grimlock and Swoop set. All I can say is that these are great! Why were they made in such low numbers? A lot of work went into making those molds, yet they have never been repainted for Botcon or any other line. What's the deal?

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  I love these Dinobots, just don't combine them! :lol 

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Honestly, I hated them! I didn't like their individual bot modes and the combined mode was an absolute joke! I am really glad that you dig yours, though! :thumb  :) 

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The vast majority of fans hated them. That's definitely why they've never been reused for Botcon. And since then we've had a couple of better Grimlocks and a much better Swoop, so no real need for reuse on these guys.

5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I had a chance to check one out via a friend, and the Grimlock is good, but the Swoop...not so much. And the combo is like Dinotitan gone wrong.

As for the molds, who knows? Probably because of the same reactions from the fan base. And considering this years set, would you really want your Grimlock in baby blue?

6. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I'm looking for them too. I know that they don't get good reviews, but they are Dinobots!!!

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I don't have an opinion, as I don't have them, due to never having seen them in person, ever. I even hunted for them a few times back when Energon was on the shelves, but always came up dry, I think they were never released in my area.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Woo! Another one! :D 

Energon Grimlock is a favorite figure of mine (I have a kitbashed version where the robot head was replaced with the one from the Classics toy). Swoop - not so much, and while Mega-Dinobot is a neat idea, it didn't really work out here at all.

But Grimmy is awesomeness, like his own personality distilled into a small toy form, with a dash of Wolverine thrown in for flavor.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the reactions here are funny, because I personally think that swoop is the good figure of the set (have him on my classics shelf) and that grimlock is the lesser figure, replaced with animated grimlock as my definitive update.

10. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I liked them at the time but they always looks out of place with the rest of the line. Grimlock is too simple and his head is too big. Great toys for playing with though, very durable.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    E Grimlock needed a big sword. Heck, it was the Energon line so why didn't he have an energo sword?

12. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am in the process of giving my E. Grimlock more leg articulation, and by the time I am done I hope for him to have close to as much leg movement as the current classics. I am about half way done, but he is possible gonna be in my new sig, so he is taking a break now.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I had a thread a couple months back about wanting a picture of Classics Grimlock with Energon Swoop. Thread went pretty much unanswered. Any chance I could get that now?

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    (Oops, sorry, I didn't read close enough that you wanted pics of Energon Swoop and Classics Grim. I'm afraid I don't have any Swoops handy for a photo right now, and couldn't find anything in a brief search. apologies for inconvenience)

--------

I did a quick Google image search, and found it funny the first pic in the list was a photo I took.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ergon-grimlock-swoop-mega-dinobot-review.html

(with Swoop)
    Project 365 Toys - Energon Grimlock and Swoop (Day 55 of 365) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(can't beat Remy!)
    http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act277/

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009